• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help For 1997 Civic Ek3

prvnrox

guys i just bought a honda civic ek3 1997.um new to honda.so i dont actually know much about it.please help me with the following issues.

01.I need to put the rubber beeding which is in the front of the buffer.

02.the power antenna is broken.i prefer a recon japanese one rather than going for a chinese new one.

03.Um not a ricer but just thought of getting a spoiler and the mesh grill.

04.A small sticker to paste in the lower part of the front doors which says 1.5 v-tec (cuz i saw a car with this sticker.it was nice)

05.Need a good tune up ( I checked the forum alot people said Zackie is good but one of the honda club memeber told me he replaces the chips and hacks the car.so i really dont know um like lost)

06.Also i need a bit of advice.The car is with original honda alloys.they dont look so nice but it gives the car an original look.in two minds whether to trade it n go for better alloys.

guys please help me with these issues since um totally new to handling vehicles.please tell me the places to do the relevant things done and how much would it cost me.Sorry if have re-posted something which is already there.but please be kind enough to help me out.Thanks a trillion in advance! :)

for 01 and 02 try tech motors or access motors both shops are in panchikawatte

04 any decent car stickers shop can design one for you

06 what is wrong with your alloy wheels did you not like the design or they are just faded if so by buffing you can get a the shine back.

good luck fella.

Edited by nexus

hey Altair mine is a ek3 vi multimatic machan.not a manual.but u have a good news.Manuals are relatively cheaper than the auto multimatic one.I was checking all ek3s not only auto one although i ended up with an auto.generally machan a Vi manual one would be 16 or less.u can find a very good condition one for 16.exi ones are even cheaper or the same range depending on the plates and condition.whats ur budget bro?? I came across a very good ek3.its in moratuwa police station one of the police officers are driving it.awesome car! but he said 16.75.if u want i'll give the contact number just talk and see.

thanks alot mate! My budget is actually 1.5mn max bro...i came across some ek3's in the past two days...i guess it was an exi but he said his last was 14.55/= (which is very weird coz he kept sticking to the 5000bucks), but i didn't get it coz his papers were all messed up! Anyways, moratuwa police station yeah??...hmmm...a cop's ek3! wow...well, im assuming you checked the car already?

P.S. I had this link for spares in colombo...ill see if i can get you the link!:)

machan please try to get the link.u should've just posted couple of weeks before bro.i checked a lot of civics before buying this.i wanted a vi.most of the cars were not in very good condition although they advertise saying good condition and all.well that car does not belong to the cop.he is a middle aged IP.the car is his son's.son is in japan.he dint have any idea to sell it.i just saw the car when i was hunting for cars down that area and found the owner.that was in very good condition machan.only thing is the price is bit high.u can deffa get an ek3 for 15 machan.so keep searching dont rush into anything!

Manual Vi is cheaper than Multimati Vi ..EK3?? I doubt that. Because of the problems with multimatic boxes which haven't maintained properly they tend to hold less re-sale value. At least that is what I observed here in forum and my day to day experience with the car.

For the question 5 - I dont know him personally or ever been there. But I highly doubt if he or anyone can change your ECU during a tuneup. If you don't have valve timing related issue, only thing a tune up would do is clean the throttle body, clean the sensors and some clean/change spark plugs, and run the engine with 3M/Wurth fuel system cleaner. I dont know how a someone can change your ECU during the process, unless you left your car with totally unreliable person.

Manual Vi is cheaper than Multimati Vi ..EK3?? I doubt that. Because of the problems with multimatic boxes which haven't maintained properly they tend to hold less re-sale value. At least that is what I observed here in forum and my day to day experience with the car.

agree with you there manual vi have more market value than multimatic vi and same rule apply for vi-rs too.

The manual is a better buy, but most ordinary people selling a Honda may just quote a price based on something else which is advertised which looks similar.

I have a slight doubt on the power antenna on the 1997 EK3, since its a Vi its JDM, but I can't quite remember the 1997 ( Without rear crystal lights ) having the power antenna on the side.

In my view the best alloys for the EK3 are the multi spoke type ones, it shows very well on that car. You might be able to find a fitting spoiler if you do a walk around Delkanda

04- Try innate graphics. Also I remember him having a Mesh grille for sale.

05- For a normal tune up he doesn't chip the ECU. Chipping is done to improve performance by using fuel and ignition maps and it cost a lot more than a normal tune up. :). Normal tune up involves cleaning of injectors,throttle body etc as said by Mkx

MkX : I kno what u r saying is true.the manual is always better cuz u can control the machine the way u want.but if u check the market prices u would notice that the multimatic car prices are quoted higher than the manual ones.

CARBON B4 : yes bro it has come with the automatic antenna.i think even some of the 96 models came with that.mine is 97 with dual air bags.about the alloys,do u mean the allen key alloys??? will check in delkanda area about the spoiler then.thnx bro!

04- Try innate graphics. Also I remember him having a Mesh grille for sale.

05- For a normal tune up he doesn't chip the ECU. Chipping is done to improve performance by using fuel and ignition maps and it cost a lot more than a normal tune up. :). Normal tune up involves cleaning of injectors,throttle body etc as said by Mkx

Bro can u please give me the contacts of the innate graphics?? where is it?? and your point is duly taken bro.tuning chips wont be done like that.