• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Regarding Revenue License Issue... I Have Only 5 Days :(

venomafiax

Can some one help me regarding the place or department in Kurunegala to get my revenue license sorted out, i have never been to Kurunegala and have no idea where the office is. :sad-smiley-050:

Bad luck struck me.... today as i was driving back home at 11 in the night on Baseline road i was stopped by a Cop at Borella, I was questioned about my revenue license that has expired a month ago .. i managed to convince him that i will do it on monday and paid him a little something and he let me go...

A few minutes later as i approached home i was stopped by another cop and this time i ran out of luck.. he noticed the expired revenue license too and after alot of apologies he took my license and handed me a piece of paper saying "this is a court case, but if you get the revenue license renewed in 7 days i will let you go"

here's the problem:

My vehicle is quite a recent purchase and is registered in the North Western Province( NW xx - xxxx), yet on Open papers.. I live in colombo and im prepared to go all the way to get this sorted out asap but i have no idea where the district office/ revenue license dept is.

When i searched on google some sources say that i should go to the Inland revenue department to get the revenue license sorted out, i am not too sure about this can someone confirm this?

Also i would be very thankful is someone could give me an address to the place???

Thanks alot in advance.

Venomafiax,

Revenue License is normally issued by the Provencal Council of the Province.

If you want to get correct address. Please contact Government information free call number 1919 and request them, they will give all information what you want.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

If you can, get the Smoke Test done and come to the Colombo- Maligawatte office, They do renewals for the whole island. They even have a drive through, 3-5 mins max. Make sure you have the emission report, old license, valid insurance and your registration book.

Though I am preaching mine expired on Friday and the car was in teh garage all this time, Picked it up only last night and Monday I have to do all. Vehicle is registered in Kaduwela PS, but i get it done in Maligawatte as it's easy and no parking and walking involved.

Make sure you have the emission report, old license, valid insurance and your registration book.

machan in addition to that if you dont have the car registered under your name, do you need a signed document from the previous owner, saying that the vehicle has been sold to you or something? :speechless-smiley-019:

Venomafiax,

Revenue License is normally issued by the Provencal Council of the Province.

If you want to get correct address. Please contact Government information free call number 1919 and request them, they will give all information what you want.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Thanks alot i will try the number tomorrow straight away.

If you can, get the Smoke Test done and come to the Colombo- Maligawatte office, They do renewals for the whole island. They even have a drive through, 3-5 mins max. Make sure you have the emission report, old license, valid insurance and your registration book.

Though I am preaching mine expired on Friday and the car was in teh garage all this time, Picked it up only last night and Monday I have to do all. Vehicle is registered in Kaduwela PS, but i get it done in Maligawatte as it's easy and no parking and walking involved.

Iast year the vehicle was under my name and i just took the emission test and went to Maligawatte as well its quite fast and i ddnt have to say a word, but are you sure they do the revenue license for vehicles not registered in the western province aswell??? Coz mine is registered in the North Western province i think thats Kurunegla my number goes as "NW xx - xxxx" ..... you think theyll still do it???

Try online.... It's hassle free....

I dont think i have time... i read somewhere that it will take 14 days for the revenue license to get to you and by then i will have to appear in courts.

I was stopped by a cop and he has my license... and he gave me 7 days to get it sorted and once i show it to him he will give the license back or else i have to appear in courts

machan in addition to that if you dont have the car registered under your name, do you need a signed document from the previous owner, saying that the vehicle has been sold to you or something? :speechless-smiley-019:

No they will issue the license for the previous owner's name.You have to register under your name before get it under your name.

I dont think i have time... i read somewhere that it will take 14 days for the revenue license to get to you and by then i will have to appear in courts.

I was stopped by a cop and he has my license... and he gave me 7 days to get it sorted and once i show it to him he will give the license back or else i have to appear in courts

as soon as you pay you receive a PDF that can be printed and used until you receive the original by post

BTW when they launched the online service it was western province only, not sure if it's all-island now

as soon as you pay you receive a PDF that can be printed and used until you receive the original by post

BTW when they launched the online service it was western province only, not sure if it's all-island now

can someone help me with the website???... im trying to locate it but all i get is some govt official page and cant find the link to pay or read anything about it...

I think Colombo-Maligawatte office for all the renewals of Western province, because last time I went to renew revenue license which is under Central province and they refused it.

Edited by civicferio
  • Like 1

I do it at Maligawatta. Very hassle free and if you have any trouble with the license in the drive-through (sometimes the old license is not updated in the system), just a short visit upstairs will sort out the matter for you. But not sure if this service is for island wide.

Edited by liya

Ok guys finally after a long day of travelling i spent the whole Tuesday travelling... The 1919 call center is hopeless and doesnt help at all, they just take you for a ride and give you another number of a Place in that city... I rang 1919 to find out where i had to go in order to get the revenue license and he said Kurunegala.

So i went to Kurunegala and it seems in the North Western Province there are several sub divisions and mine was not at Kurunegala... So the lady at the counter asked me to go to Kuliyapitiya and UduBaddawa (she wasnt sure either ) ...

Ive never travelled to these places so i was fairly lost... and by the time i got to Kuliyapitiya it was 2.40pm in the afternoon and then... the lady there tells me... ** Sir wrong place you cant get it done here you have to go to the divisional secretariat in Udubaddawa and the office closes in 20 Mins... and she ****ing pissed me off... So i had to run in time to get there and finally got the revenue license...

I went down to the police station to get my license today and had to speak to the OIC traffic .... the guy asked several questions to measure me up (whats the ride, wheres the job?, is the vehicle on lease or did you pay cash etc etc.... ) and after i lied to all those questions he was like..... normally we have to go to courts and the fine is around 5000 rupees... just keep 1500 Rupees on my table... its the lawyers fees....(nice try traffic OIC guy).... i negotiated it to 1000 Bucks for we all know clearly that its not the Lawyers fees.. :sport-smiley-004: Paid it and i now have my license...

The Law sucks. :sad-smiley-066:

The End

• Like 1

My car is UVA province registered! Need to renew my liscense is it possible to get it done in Colombo?? let me know it's urgent!!

Thanks in advance!

No you cant....

Take out your revenue licence and in it you will find the name of the Divisional Secretariat you should go to in the UVA province... (there are many district provincial councils in each province so make sure you go to the one mentioned in your revenue license... and it takes only a minute or two and your done)...

I learned this the hard way! :)

• Like 1

No you cant....

Take out your revenue licence and in it you will find the name of the Divisional Secretariat you should go to in the UVA province... (there are many district provincial councils in each province so make sure you go to the one mentioned in your revenue license... and it takes only a minute or two and your done)...

I learned this the hard way! :)

What are the other documents i would need to take(Book, Vehicle ID etc...)??

And the car is not under my name, so would there be anyother issues??

Thanks for your response!

My car is UVA province registered! Need to renew my liscense is it possible to get it done in Colombo?? let me know it's urgent!!

Thanks in advance!

Get your vehicle transferred to your name under one day transfer scheme.Problem is solved. You decide travelling Uva or transferring is easy.

MINIACE