• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Distributor Coil

kmcsb

Kmcsb,

Re your post only you have given the Honda model of the car. Not given year of manufacture, therefore I found this on the web.

I don't know, this sometimes will help you. Log into the following link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5914903_remove-honda-civic-ignition-tumbler.html

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Kmcsb,

Check the cost first of all with the agents get the part number from them. Remove your damaged part Go from one end to the other end on Panchikawatha road, then you can compare the prices also and it will be a very good exercise for you, good education on Panchikawathe shops. Or else you can try any used spare parts shops in Dlkanda road.

Be care full not to get any help from the brokers on the Panchikawathe road.

MINIACE had given you the contact, ring them up and find the cost.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

These numbers will help you mate!

Tech Motors Panchikawatte 0112441419 Access motors Panchikawatta-0714019925

Repair Guys/Engineers

Waruna - Tel: 0777 383384 ) Upul (Malabe) 0777735251 Rohan (Piliyandala) 0776247938 Ajith (Seeduwa) 0777 383526

Good Luck!

MINIACE

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my god.... I had a problem with my distributor. I replaced with a recondition distributor for 16 000.00. I drove one week with pleasure. But now the problem comes again. It is difficult to start my eg8. When I throttle it stops. what to to. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Oh my god.... I had a problem with my distributor. I replaced with a recondition distributor for 16 000.00. I drove one week with pleasure. But now the problem comes again. It is difficult to start my eg8. When I throttle it stops. what to to. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

'mkindika',

Please give more details of your car problem what made you to change another distributor. I don't think you can buy reconditioned distributors.

What is available are used ones do a clean up and try again, if the problem exist then get a mechanic to check same.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

Hello Sylvi,

Thanks for your response. It s 93 vtec civic eg8. The problem started with a little miss. When I full throttle the engine stops suddenly. I can start running with low speed. When the engine heated ,then I can accelerate the engine.One day I was unable to even starts the car. It was seemed to be a fuel problem . Fuel system was cleaned. There were no issues with fuel. So the mechanic told me the current of the spark plugs was too law. So we change the whole distributor. I could only drive one week only. Now it happening again.

Hello Sylvi,

Thanks for your response. It s 93 vtec civic eg8. The problem started with a little miss. When I full throttle the engine stops suddenly. I can start running with low speed. When the engine heated ,then I can accelerate the engine.One day I was unable to even starts the car. It was seemed to be a fuel problem . Fuel system was cleaned. There were no issues with fuel. So the mechanic told me the current of the spark plugs was too law. So we change the whole distributor. I could only drive one week only. Now it happening again.

Re Your problem can you get the same mechanic to attend if not inform.It is difficult to diagnose the problem without examining.

Do You live in Colombo?. Any contact number.

I will be able to get you a mechanic to come home and attend to your job if the earlier mechanic is not available.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.