• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Battery

lakmal12

Question

15 answers to this question

My old FB15 Super Saloon had a 12V 45Ah EXIDE battery. I think its adequate.

'Reckless',

You are correct 45 Amperes the battery is enough for the said car, originally it comes with a less amperage battery, due to Japanese Self starter motors are developed to start with low amperage battery's.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Reckless',

You are correct 45 Amperes the battery is enough for the said car, originally it comes with a less amperage battery, due to Japanese Self starter motors are developed to start with low amperage battery's.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My carina AT212 has a 35Ah battery. Even though that there are no big issues I always thought that its not enough..

'Reckless',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

For My FB15 I put a 35AMP Exiide 1 few moths back from Negombo. Recently I went to Havlock Exide outlet to check it and was told that better to have a 45AMP. Next time I will go for a 45 one.

In 2000 I fixed 70 AMP Global super maintenance free type. I used this for 5 years & 4 months without any problem. 70 AMP is unnecessary & 45 AMP is adequate for FB 15.

There are certain advantages of having higher capacity battery and also too high AMPs can ruin your electrical system.

In 2000 I fixed 70 AMP Global super maintenance free type. I used this for 5 years & 4 months without any problem. 70 AMP is unnecessary & 45 AMP is adequate for FB 15.

There are certain advantages of having higher capacity battery and also too high AMPs can ruin your electrical system.

'maersk',

I agree to your comment on the post 1st few lines.

About having a higher amperage battery yes there are advantages, when you stop the car on a long distance run if you want to use any equipment it will serve your discharge without any problem, that too for like camping lights,TV, Musical set up. Draw of current has to be under 5 Amperes.

Can fix even 200 ampere hour battery to any car there will not be any effect on your electrical system. I assure all motorists that will not Damage or any adverse effects on to the car. Only thing you will carry extra weight. that will effect on the cars fuel consumption.

Amperage is the capacity of the battery, there fore the requirement if it is normal use, the manufacture will fix a low amperage battery.

If idling requirement is more then manufacturer will fix a lager capacity battery, Like special communications lighting and any other accessories. Off road winches are used only high amperage battery is necessary.

For example all fire fighting engines use higher amperage batteries, due to their requirement on emergencies. Only thing they have a bigger Alternator which can produce high amperage.

This above is my experience in automobile electrical maintenance industry for few decades.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

45 or 70 AH means the capacity of the battery. that means charging or discharging current ( in amperes) into time (in hours). in my opinion to use high capacity batteries the engines alternator and it's charging circuit should be designed for high current outputs ( design for high power output). if we discharge high capacity battery ( by any reason) the cars alternator and charging circuit have to supply more current for long period to restore all lost energy which might burn ur alternator. so as my opinion it is better to stay with the manufacturers to avoid stressing ur alternator, easier jump starting, easy recharging, better mileage etc..

45 or 70 AH means the capacity of the battery. that means charging or discharging current ( in amperes) into time (in hours). in my opinion to use high capacity batteries the engines alternator and it's charging circuit should be designed for high current outputs ( design for high power output). if we discharge high capacity battery ( by any reason) the cars alternator and charging circuit have to supply more current for long period to restore all lost energy which might burn ur alternator. so as my opinion it is better to stay with the manufacturers to avoid stressing ur alternator, easier jump starting, easy recharging, better mileage etc..

'dissa 1982',

You are correct on your first sentence of Amperes of the battery.

Alternator will never burn off, if the Electronic regulator or the Elector magnetic regulator is working correctly,on a 12 Volts battery system. If Adjustment is maximum 14.5 Volts DC. 40 Ampere rated Alternator can charge even a 200 Ampere battery within few miles of running after a night discharge of 60% of the battery if you have used a automobile bottle cooler( Heater type) with out running the engine and your TV, Fans, night lamps.

Fuel consumption will be neglable for to re charge the 200 Ampere battery.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dude you are seriously misleading members here with your assumptions.

Having a higher capacity battery is alright if your wallet is ok with that and the battery bay space is adequate. As mentioned 45Ah is a healthy size especially the car is auto tranny. You can go for multiple starting attempt in case of a fuel or ignition related starting issue (just a simple example only) without draining the battery.

MINIACE

ok guys. i told what i have learned. NDES (National Diploma in Engineering Science, Electronic telecommunication). NO misleading. thank you for replies...

No offence, but if NDES level is teaching all that non standard stuff you have mentioned such as 'alternator power outputs' and 'alternator burning stuff' our technical education is in danger.

MINIACE

No offence, but if NDES level is teaching all that non standard stuff you have mentioned such as 'alternator power outputs' and 'alternator burning stuff' our technical education is in danger.

MINIACE

'miniace',

I am more practical than theory.

Please don't misunderstand for my above statement.

I may have serviced and rewound alternates from the time i started my technical carrier.

There are some different opinions on this subject.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'miniace',

I am more practical than theory.

Please don't misunderstand for my above statement.

I may have serviced and rewound alternates from the time i started my technical carrier.

There are some different opinions on this subject.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi, your point is not clear. Be specific.Beating around the bush wont help anyone.

MINIACE