• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
prasadk

Peugeot 406 Auto Box Repair Kit

Hi mates,

I have a problem with my 406 automatic gearbox. As per my mechanical guy, its needs to do the full overhaul. I have few problem and hope you guys help me.

01. Who is the best person can do this gearbox overhaul and what will be the cost and how long does it ?

02. Can i buy a good quality repair kit for the gearbox in SL?. what would be place and cost?

03. Has anybody done this before and is that reliable? and how long?

thanks

PrasadK

You can check the discussions on same issue under Peugeot 206.

Can recommend you only one place aprt from the Agent, it'll cost you about 1.3- 1.5 lks + autogear oil ( will take time ). the place is in Kandana called "RS Auto Transmission Centre " of Rajeev Dassanayake's..

but I have come acoss in "Alibaba " site from China, where they manufacture autogear parts...no idea how good they are !!

cheers

Thanks Rez for your reply. I think most of the stuff on the alibaba.com/aliexpress.com are from Chinese market. Has anybody use those kind of repair kit for the autobox and is that reliable?

Edited by prasadk

I am looking for the recondition al4 gearbox to buy. If any of you having or know the place please post here. Also what is the best place to buy good quality (not Chinese) AL4 repair kit (overhaul kit) in Sri Lanka?

There are a few shops specializing in Pug parts maybe you can pay a visit to Punchi and have alook around, Those parts aren't cheap though and you may end up with Chinese or Indian parts any way...:-)