• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mud Covers

kmcsb

im looking for a front mud covers for my eg8..do u know any place to get them cheap around Colombo...

also need 2 replace my front shock absorbers as well..can u tel me the good Brand and model number for it...im not an expert .so pl z help me to find the right ones..thanks

KYB should be ok, ask them and they will give the correct part. ( shop is in Union place close to Arpico ). Go and stop any where on Darly road and you will have a hundred guys trying to sell you stuff that you don't want.

Genuine mud flaps are the best but not cheap. You could find from TECH Motors at Panchi. Also you could compare prices of genuine shocks from the same place. (I think originals are not KYB. probably Showa or Tokiko something sounds).KYB also not bad but bit stiffy.

im looking for a front mud covers for my eg8..do u know any place to get them cheap around Colombo...

also need 2 replace my front shock absorbers as well..can u tel me the good Brand and model number for it...im not an expert .so pl z help me to find the right ones..thanks

'kmcsb' timestamp,

Fist of all get your shock absorbers tested before you buy new ones. Go to the place ( CARBON B4) had mentioned.

In front of their shop M/s, "Nalaka" has a shock absorber testing machine, get their report then replace the Shock absorbers as for their computerized report.

Mud covers are available most shops in Panchikawatha. Do not go and stop your vehicle at Darly Road, because you will have to pay the brokers commission for what you buy.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

techlove,

I have seen very few with their mark on mats only on UK used imports. I don't think you can buy them in srilanka.

Try the Link below.

http://www.carid.com/1988-peugeot-505-floor-mats/weathertech-all-weather-floor-mats-210537.html

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi,

I'm looking for Mud covers for my AXIO. I checked few places for Originals but according to them they cost around 20K - 25K..!! Are they really Originals? Or are there better quality ones which can buy at cheaper price?

Thanks in advance.. :pardon:

NuwanK.

Edited by nuwankr

Hi,

I'm looking for Mud covers for my AXIO. I checked few places for Originals but according to them they cost around 20K - 25K..!! Are they really Originals? Or are there better quality ones which can buy at cheaper price?

Thanks in advance.. :pardon:

NuwanK.

Please help me on this.. :)

Hello Nuwankr, well if the car needs mud covers it would have been come with the car, if it doesn't that means it should not.

why bother on this that much? who wants to may bulks of money for rubber anyways? Chill, and use it the way it is :)

I found something almost like original for my Axio @ Gampaha. My car is champagne gold and the mud covers too are in same color. Cost were Rs.5000.00 for all 4.

Not too bad. It fixed nicely.

Thilak

Hi Nuwan,

I've seen Mud Covers in most of D@rly R@ad shops. They've cost you around Rs1250, but they are of poor quality and they are all black in color. So you will have to paint them to suite your Silver color AXIO.. :sport-smiley-004:

PS - Better not settle for those cheap ones.. :)

Rgs,

KMeeg.

Hello Nuwankr, well if the car needs mud covers it would have been come with the car, if it doesn't that means it should not.

why bother on this that much? who wants to may bulks of money for rubber anyways? Chill, and use it the way it is :)

Kim, what you say isn't strictly true particularly on a Japanese domestic. Mud covers over time can really help protect the paintwork of your front doors, mud guards and lower sills as it deflects quite a lot of the mud and sandy water hitting the paint work when travelling over our usual puddles during the rainy season. Because vehicles are acclimatised and built for a particular region not many of them come with these originally fitted any more.