• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Idle Rpm Drops

tesla

Hi

I have 1996 Toyota corolla AE110 1.5 Auto transmission car. It drops the RPM to around 500 without AC and with AC it drops around 600 when it is in the D with the brake pressed. My mechanic has found that the idle up control system is not functioning well and he says that the issue is in ECU. Where can I buy an ECU and how much will it cost?

Thanks

it might be some other issue with your car if idle up system(ecu) is faulty when ac on rpm drop below 500 and engine is going to stop and some times stop if i remember correctly ac idle speed is 650 in your cari had the same problem as you in my old carina ti 1996(have the same engine as corolla ae110 5A-FE) after replacing ecu my idle up went back to normal and we try to find carina ecu but we couldn't find one so we replace it with ae110 ecu and it work fine.

is this have climate control ac? if not finding one is very easy task prices are different from shop to shop it's around 6.5k to 10k .

Hi

I have 1996 Toyota corolla AE110 1.5 Auto transmission car. It drops the RPM to around 500 without AC and with AC it drops around 600 when it is in the D with the brake pressed. My mechanic has found that the idle up control system is not functioning well and he says that the issue is in ECU. Where can I buy an ECU and how much will it cost?

Thanks

Have you done a GOOD Engine tuneup recently?

If not, before you replace the ECU please have a good engine tuneup first. Same thing happened to my car also. After the tune up it has solved. :)

I have done a manual tuneup. But it doesn't work for me. After that I had this one before 2 years back.

Without removing the injectors, but throttle will remove and clean manually. Engine will run around 45 - 60 minutes using this FUEL INJECTION CLEANER.

http://img687.images...50266604050.jpg

http://img684.images...05266604050.jpg - Full system have flushed using this.

Edited by Prami

you can get a matching ECU from a breaker joint for about 8-12k.

I had a similar problem sometime back...agents said to replaced the ECU. which i did but still the car wouldn't perform properly.

Then they traced the problem to a faulty delco in addition to the faulty ECU. I had the engine RPM dropping issue until one fine day the car refused to start.

My guess is that the faulty delco ignition coil somehow chewed up the ecu.

Replaced both and the car was fine...

However it's best that you check the entire efi system before replacing parts. It can be a much more simpler thing like a faulty sensor somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Recommend places to buy 5A FE ecu, one of my frd presently using 4A in his Marino since he had this iden issue with the original ecu, we are looking for the right one now [ 5AFE]

thanks

my issue is some what other way around. normal idle is like 900-1000 when i turn AC up it revs to 1500rpm and some time after to 1100..

i got a sprinter marino GT with 4AGE engine..

any idea's on this?