• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Converted (Petrol To Diesel) Kr42 Price, Procs And Cons

dinidusoft

Question

People here are abusing the name Noah.

this doesnt look like a complete job cos its lacking one of the most crucial bits. this also raises the question how many other parts are actually missing. so you can't really expect a fully dressed up versions price.

also its pretty stupid but the diesel converted kr's fetch prices way lower than original diesels. cos if done properly both are identical.

so assuming this vehicle carries a G or an H reg I'd say its worth about 2.8 mil on trade or 2.6 mil private.

On a side note here are some of the parts our noah builders ignore

Rear coil springs

front and rear differentials (on some models)

rear axle

rear bump stops

3rd row seat mounting brackets

ABS (on most of the pre 2001 june dx models)

mouldings

noah windscreen

I'll discuss the differences between all the parts when I post about my complete noah build. when I got some free time that is :)

• Like 2

Cool..thank you very much for all information. specially JadeyBlitzen.

it seems i do need to have checking a lot before buy the noah. It is great full if you can updated changes detail wise (if u have pics grate) that you mention in " On a side note here are some of the parts our noah builders ignore ". i will also read some posts and hope to add for this thread. so this comment thread will be common and role model for all noah buyers. :mixed-smiley-024:

Rear coil springs

rear axle

rear bump stops

mouldings

noah windscreen

I'll discuss the differences between all the parts when I post about my complete noah build. when I got some free time that is :)

please put a separate thread on Noah Suspension...

Im also havin KR 42 Converted one...Suspension is da problem for me...i learnt about exterior and interior features.......

wht is want is to make ma vehicle more comfortable...

:)

Rear coil springs

rear axle

rear bump stops

mouldings

noah windscreen

hey JadeyBlitzen can you please explain what is the difference in rear axle in noah and normal cr42?

and what is the rear bump stops?

Guys can you get everything needed for the conversion as a kit? and JadeyBlitzen, could you please post the technician you used for the job, which might be very useful for others attempting the same.

you can get the complete kit i.e. an original noah diesel completely taken apart and shipped to sri lanka (without the frame) for about 800k. or you could get the cosmetic and electrical parts (doors interior harnesses lights and bumpers) from 250k to 400k

The technician will be yours truly :) looked at a few vans done by other professional ones. they weren't as original as they could be so I did everything by myself except the metal work. but even those were done under complete supervision from me :)

please put a separate thread on Noah Suspension...

Im also havin KR 42 Converted one...Suspension is da problem for me...i learnt about exterior and interior features.......

wht is want is to make ma vehicle more comfortable...

:)

well its not a lot. front suspension is similar to the van versions in all noahs so no point meddling with that. at the rear you get softer springs and different bump stops and axles have different contact area for the bump stops on a noah. in the 7 seat version (Liteace V/Townace Royal lounge) the springs get even softer. and on the 4wd you get taller and relatively harder springs on all models. if you are looking for springs alone its really difficult to find them on their own cos you can hardly tell them apart. plus you might end up with two springs of different hardness. also these piaggio ape guys are buying all the noah springs that arrive in the country cos they fit their three wheelers nicely while improving carrying capacity.

hey JadeyBlitzen can you please explain what is the difference in rear axle in noah and normal cr42?

and what is the rear bump stops?

nothing major the van version has square sections where bump stops come into contact. in the noah the bump stops are different so the axles dont have these square sections

Bump stops are the rubber blocks that stop suspension parts from bottoming out against one another like defendertdi has show in the pic

not easy

rule of thumb, the taller the dismounted spring the lesser the stiffness so go to a shop thats famous for noah parts and find lots of sets that are the the same diameter, same tops and bottoms and the same coil thickness and pick a pair that has the same coloured paint marks on them and the same height. this is quite a gamble cos you might end up with the same stiffness or stiffer ones.

if you end up with the right article ideally you should change the bump stops too cos the non noah once are long and tend to bottom out quite easily.

not easy

rule of thumb, the taller the dismounted spring the lesser the stiffness so go to a shop thats famous for noah parts and find lots of sets that are the the same diameter, same tops and bottoms and the same coil thickness and pick a pair that has the same coloured paint marks on them and the same height. this is quite a gamble cos you might end up with the same stiffness or stiffer ones.

if you end up with the right article ideally you should change the bump stops too cos the non noah once are long and tend to bottom out quite easily.

what would be the price of the Spring and Bump stop???

Do v have to change the Differential also ??

these days i am doing Noah conversion. i will put you that all in details. but it will take few days. because it is in progress.

i have CR42 1997 model original diesel Manual flat roof four door model. i am planning to dress it up with 1999 noha kit.

i already bought,

1. Noah interior set including roof cover, side boards, carpet, rear AC unit, room lights, seat belts, foot boards, door bee-dings and etc. 60,000/-

2. Original complete wiring harnesses - 10,000/-

3. CR42 Dashboard, including inner steel bar, front AC unit with climate controller - 20,000/-

4. complete Steering Column - 8,000/-

5. Rear door - 20,000/-

6. Front power door set with double power nickle power mirrors - 20,000/- ( i have two complete door sets. if some one want i can give you other set for 20,000/-)

7. left Side sliding power door - 8,500/-

8. Noah seat set 60,000/-

9. 7C Ac compressor - 8,000/-

10. complete Noah side glass set 15,000/-

11. CR41 original fog light set 7,000/-

12. Alow wheels with Goodyear tires 62,000/-

Tinkering works done buy one of my friend. but i gave him 20,000/-

my other friend going to do full paint i will put how cost it later.

but i am not planning to change,

Front shell

front bumper

head light set :sad-smiley-066:

i will post all pictures step by step later.

also i am planing to check about differential set and coil springs. but i don't think Cr42 and Noah have differences.

• Like 1

change the coil springs and bump stops in the back to noah units. it'll improve the ride quality massively.

As for the diffs yours should come with a 4.3:1 or 4.1:1 because its 2wd manual. so the final drive is ok but this being a 42 (although I really think its a 41 cos the yom is 97) its rear axle housing is different to the noah unit.

anyway you don't seem to be going for the originality so I guess you can leave that one out.