• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B14 Vibration When Idle

matroska

Question

Hi Guys,

My dad's car is a Nissan Sunny B14 - 1.3 L engine, Auto Transmission,Petrol, recently i noticed the car vibrates/shudders when idle, specially soon after being started. The car isn't a daily runner. 2 Days ago, soon after starting i noticed the car was shuddering a lot, then i drove pretty fast with a lot of revving and soon afterwards the engine was back in good nick. Normally the problem is evident when the car is being used after a lay off of a couple of days. What could the issue be ? What should i check for?

P.S Read a few related threads but seems there are a lot of reasons that could cause this . Advice is highly appreciated.

Edited by matroska

4 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

My dad's car is a Nissan Sunny B14 - 1.3 L engine, Auto Transmission,Petrol, recently i noticed the car vibrates/shudders when idle, specially soon after being started. The car isn't a daily runner. 2 Days ago, soon after starting i noticed the car was shuddering a lot, then i drove pretty fast with a lot of revving and soon afterwards the engine was back in good nick. Normally the problem is evident when the car is being used after a lay off of a couple of days. What could the issue be ? What should i check for?

P.S Read a few related threads but seems there are a lot of reasons that could cause this . Advice is highly appreciated.

I doubt the IACV has to be cleaned. (Idle Air Control Valve)

Get it done.

I possible. do injector & throttle body cleaning too.

sounds like the shuddering is a missfire that is clearing once the engine gets hot.

leave it for a few days then check your ht lead connections to the spark plugs and all other engine electrical plugs. if there is water getting in, it could short the signal then once engine is hot the water evaporates and the signal becomes good again.

could also be that the wrong oil grade is being used in the car, mazda and fords have a big issue with cold running if the wrong grade is used as the hyrdraulic tappets dont fill up enough and so the valves arent opening as they should but once hot they are fine.

I doubt the IACV has to be cleaned. (Idle Air Control Valve)

Get it done.

I possible. do injector & throttle body cleaning too.

These Nissans are quite famous for this Air flow sensor issue, so maybe a good point to start with.