• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento 2012

Samu2001

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Apart from the time taken to get Sorento after ordering they do lot of bullshits like;

- charging hidden fee

- taking over charges (like for registration)

- delaying to clear from port and charge that extra port fee to customer

- 0 grade of customer care

- unprofessional business (Like customer never able to call the company, get quick details about their order, their files are in completely disarray, etc)

- lot more....

I heard lot of people getting ready to complain against the Kia motors SL to Consumer Authority and Kia Motors in Koria..

What about you friends? Do you happy with such company with uneducated gang of idiot?

Apart from the time taken to get Sorento after ordering they do lot of bullshits like;

- charging hidden fee

- unprofessional business (Like customer never able to call the company, get quick details about their order, their files are in completely disarray, etc)

- lot more....

I heard lot of people getting ready to complain against the Kia motors SL to Consumer Authority and Kia Motors in Koria..

What about you friends? Do you happy with such company with uneducated gang of idiot?

Friend,

I did not experience the above in my dealings with this uneducated gang of idiot. However, the first service charge was quite high (no free service)

Some time back we went to the showroom to take a look at the Cerato and the Sportage.

The only Cerato there was sold so the salesman said he cannot open it for us to see the interior.

He got our no. to let us know when the new stocks arrived 'next week', but never did :)

When I wanted to buy the vechicle using the permit, I tried to phone them twice, nobody picked the phone from the other end. This first impression drove me to move away from KIA.

I think these kind of companies should be thrown out from the scene by the people.

• 5 weeks later...

Reply to uthum!!

Dear friend, Kia motors is the worst compnay i ever seen in Srilanka. They have Zero customer relationship as well as poor post sale service i heard .Many people never step back to the company after purchasing because there is no word "free" for servicing even in the guaranty period.

At the same time their attitude towards the customer is highly disgusting.Their sale recently increase because of nice features of Spotage and sorento.But anyway No hope for Korean vehicles.

Edited by srish

• 1 month later...

- charging hidden fee

- lot more....

I ordered my KIA Sorento 2012 in Septembtr 2011, and after Seven months later, KIA local agent contacted me to request for Colour change to available colours as their manufacture has refussed to supply the colours in Metalic Bronz, Java Brown, red and Blue colours. They have taken more than seven months to deliver this message and the time agreed for the supply initailly. As a result I have to pay extar for the Dollor appreciation.

Further, my colluges who ordered Sorento informed me that they are charging hidden fees to the tune of Rs, 145,000.00 in addition to their local agent fee agreed initially, Rs 600,000 + 12% VAT + 3% NBT. The hidden fees is for clearing, registration, Port Charges, demaurage etc. Also, eventhough, these extra local charge should be on actuals, they charge an estimated fee on the promise of refunding the balance (if any). They treat the customers like foolish people and does not care for the time wasted already. They are the worst people to deal with and we have caught with their trap.

Please, let me if anybodyhaving the same experience, the payment of local agent fee of value Rs. 600,000 is meant for what?. Is ther any palce to complain for their actions and recover the additional cost incurred to us because of their delays on their part.

Please, help me.

Request for detail breakdown of miscellaneous costs/ actual bills they will give you a refund. Still it will be somewhat over the actual costs one might incur if attended by yourself.

If you don’t ask you want get.

Oh not another guy who got raped by KIA.

Here check this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?/topic/13618-latest-fiasco-of-kia-motors/

I think I said this before, but, I'll say it one more time.

Be a man. Raise hell. Take legal action if all else fails.

If you cannot do that I suggest you get a sex change done.

Also, they treat their customers like "foolish people" because most of their customers are retards to begin with.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
The Sorento has AWD, does this system stay on AWD mode the whole time? That is does it stay as full time four wheel drive

or does it go back to 2WD after certain speed?

It seems like it runs only on front wheels in normal conditions and only switch to 4WD when front wheels start to slip.

"In normal operation, the vehicle is front wheel drive, 100%. The drive shaft/propeller shaft spins whenever the vehicle is in motion, as parasitic loss. The rear wheels are turned by the road, which spin the rear differential. It's this way because the system cannot take torque away from the front, it can only send 'waste' torque to the rear. Waste torque is identified by the AWD/TCS/VSCS (All Wheel Drive/Traction Control System/Vehicle Stability Control System) noting a condition such as front wheel speed higher than the rear, or a lateral slip of the vehicle caused by wheel slippage.

Once the need for all wheel drive is identified, the computer sends voltage into the actuator which squeezes the clutch pack, completing the transfer of power from the engine to the rear wheels. Once the wheel speed is what the computer decides is correct, or the vehicle instability condition is passed, it removes voltage and the vehicle goes back to front wheel drive. Of note is that there is no center diff. The vehicle is not designed to be full time AWD."

http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-2013-xm-sorento-forum/69046-2011-sorento-awd-explained.html

It seems like it runs only on front wheels in normal conditions and only switch to 4WD when front wheels start to slip.

"In normal operation, the vehicle is front wheel drive, 100%. The drive shaft/propeller shaft spins whenever the vehicle is in motion, as parasitic loss. The rear wheels are turned by the road, which spin the rear differential. It's this way because the system cannot take torque away from the front, it can only send 'waste' torque to the rear. Waste torque is identified by the AWD/TCS/VSCS (All Wheel Drive/Traction Control System/Vehicle Stability Control System) noting a condition such as front wheel speed higher than the rear, or a lateral slip of the vehicle caused by wheel slippage.

Once the need for all wheel drive is identified, the computer sends voltage into the actuator which squeezes the clutch pack, completing the transfer of power from the engine to the rear wheels. Once the wheel speed is what the computer decides is correct, or the vehicle instability condition is passed, it removes voltage and the vehicle goes back to front wheel drive. Of note is that there is no center diff. The vehicle is not designed to be full time AWD."

http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-2013-xm-sorento-forum/69046-2011-sorento-awd-explained.html

Thanks mate!

So its similar to the Toyota's system, but I think the AWD can only turn on within a certain speed limit. In my Hiace it works below 20km/h only I guess

Thanks mate!

So its similar to the Toyota's system, but I think the AWD can only turn on within a certain speed limit. In my Hiace it works below 20km/h only I guess

Hey, anytime..!!

Is ur van also FWD in normal conditions..??