• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Glass Cleaner Vs Windshield Washer Fluid

kmeeg

Hi All,

What do you think using Auto glass cleaner as your Windshield washer? Or do you think that Windshield washer fluid is better? I did some minor search on google but i could not find any comparison between the two (May because its a crazy idea) there are many articles on the properties of each of these separately. (You can find lot of Wiki's on each of this items separately)

But can anyone talk about the possibility of using Auto glass cleaner for windshield washer. But cost factor wise it will be a crazy idea as a normal Auto glass cleaner will cost around rs.150.

Facts i would like to talk about are;

1. Will Auto glass cleaner fluid cleans better than Windshield washer fluid?

2. Will Auto glass cleaner fluid harm wiper blades and other rubber items?

3. Will Auto glass cleaner fluid scratch your glass if it met mud / sandy dust?

4. Will Auto glass cleaner fluid remain stains on your windshield (ie- if you do not wipe glass cleaners properly it will have white color like stain on glass, once you wipe it of with even your hand it goes off)

5. Any other interesting fact that you can come up....

Hope this will be a valuable post for everyone.. :sport-smiley-003:

PS - This is not about better way of cleaning your wind shield. Its about the BEST FLUID YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR WINDSHIELD WASHER..

Kmeeg.

The Facts About Glass Cleaners

Many glass cleaners contain ammonia, which is a great grease cutter but has some significant disadvantages when it comes to cars.

• Ammonia can release dangerous fumes that should not be inhaled, especially in enclosed areas like the inside of your vehicle.
  • Chemically, ammonia acts to dry out plastic, rubber, vinyl, and leather.
  • Most significantly, in sunnier climates, car owners often customize with additional non-factory tinting. Ammonia based cleaners cannot be used on tinted windows. If your current cleaner does not state “ammonia-free” or “safe for tinted windows” you should find another cleaner.

Read more -

http://www.autogeek.net/waterspots.html

You've answered your own questions. But still... glass cleaners are strong and can eat through rubber and damage your paint. (It says so on the side of the box.) So don't use it as windscreen washer liquid. Use soaped water or.... windscreen washer liquid.

Ammonia based cleaners cannot be used on tinted windows. If your current cleaner does not state “ammonia-free” or “safe for tinted windows” you should find another cleaner.

But can use on the other side of the tinted glass but not the sticker side IMO.Am I right?

MINIACE

Windshield washer fluid is the better choice for me.but considering the market price a branded one will be bit high in price.if you used soap mixed water or shampoo water in a sunny day some times some water drops can be get dried in the windscreen corners in white colour.

Glass cleners can be harm to your paint as well as to your wiper rubber blades as they contain some harmfull chemichals to auto paint & rubber beedings.

Edited by maheshw

///i've been using armorall windshield washer fluid for a while. pretty cheap and does a darn good job. Rainy season, i use rainX as an addition. On heavy downpours it really helps.///

Ripper , where I can buy rainX mate? I cant see sht on heavy down pours. :(

i've been using armorall windshield washer fluid for a while. pretty cheap and does a darn good job. Rainy season, i use rainX as an addition. On heavy downpours it really helps.

Even i was looking for Rain-X but could not find. Do you know a place to buy Rain-X in SL. I know its available in e-Bay. But its great if to buy somewhere in SL. Also where can you find armorall windshield washer fluid?? (I tried in Kleenp@rk - Maradana, Ke%ls & C@rgils around Peliyagoda - K'goda.. :speechless-smiley-006: )

Another point about ordinary windshield washer fluid, i'm not comfortable with concentrated fluid, its great if we can buy 'Ready-Made' windshield washer fluid... :smilie_liebe9:

rainX can be bought from motorcade. also there are alternative products that does the same job. There is another one called RainKick. works pretty well.

armorall winshield washer fluid was available at arpico super centre in wattala. That's where i bought it from. Gnerally in my experience, arpico has far more automotive stuff than any other supermarket chain

• Like 1

Ya amorall windscreen wash is good value for money and you can use it for about 6 refills. But i have been told that autoglym has something that is supposedly quite good as well. Been trying to get my hands on RainX, will check out mortorcade!!

rainX can be bought from motorcade. also there are alternative products that does the same job. There is another one called RainKick. works pretty well.

armorall winshield washer fluid was available at arpico super centre in wattala. That's where i bought it from. Gnerally in my experience, arpico has far more automotive stuff than any other supermarket chain

Thanks mate

• 5 months later...