• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Battery

kushan

Guys,

What is the best battery available in Sri Lanka for a car? and from where I can buy it, and for how much?

I also agree with U. Now it's 4.5years for my GLOBAL which is still in good condition

hmm.. thanks mate. heard GS is the best though.... any comments on this?

What about Globatt ? it's a maintenance free battery

'NRX",

I have not used this battery nor any of my known friends.

Please note I found this about the said battery on the Web.

“New Battery brand GLOBATT to hit the international

market”

On May 31st 2009, Rahimafrooz Globatt Limited the largest export

manufacturing plant in South Asia is going to launch the premium

brand of its automotive range of batteries, “GLOBATT”.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

New automotive battery brand GLOBATT is prepared to hit the international market with a

premium range of Maintenance Free (MF) & SMF (Sealed Maintenance Free) battery. This

battery will be manufactured and marketed by Rahimafrooz Globatt Limited (RGL), which

is a sister concern of Rahimafrooz Group having over five decades of expertise in the

battery industry and marketed the Lead-Acid battery in the Asia, UAE, Africa and South

American markets earlier.

GLOBATT will have advanced feature like EMT (Expanded Metal Technology) and Silver

PLUS design. All these designs have been done using German technology. As a result it will

be a robust, durable, long lasting and environment friendly battery.

Rahimafrooz Globatt Ltd has been established as a part of global expansion plan of

Rahimafrooz Group focusing international markets. This is the largest export plant of

automotive batteries in South Asia with a capacity of 2.5 million units per year. These

batteries will be marketed in Asia & Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe & American

markets.

Globatt with its diversified product range, product quality & advanced features will capture

the hearts & minds of the consumers the world over. As it is aptly stated in Globatt’s payoff

line.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

is that Maintenance free batteries are better than others?

'osanda19',

The lifetime of the battery depends on your Vehicle charging system. If Alternator over charges, lead acid or maintenance free battery too will get effected. I know one Battery Importer imported few thousands of batteries from Singapore.

I personally visited that battery factory on be half of that importer and discussed about complains of returns. They did manufacture maintenance free batteries. Srilankan importer did not import that due to high cost.

Almost all complains were from overcharging batteries our srlankan users ran the vehicles without checking the battery water then batteries get damaged.

Later that importer discontinued the imports because he found returns were eating in to his profits as the manufacture did not give replacements for returns due to over charge.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Uditha88,

If I am not mistaken this GS was the first battery made in Japan more than 100 years ago.

I have used original Japanese made GS battery it was 6 volts system in my father's 1950 model car. Skoda for more than 5years. This Battery was originaly imported by M/s, Colombo Trades at colombo 02. Later I converted that car to 12 volts in 1970. back again I used GS Japanese new 12 volts battery. Until I sold that car in 1980 for rupees 2000.00 I had that battery it lasted all most 10 years due to small charger connected in the nights.

There after all Japanese vehicles from 1988 till 2004, I had Exide, which gives a service for me more than treble the guarantee.

Because I use a small charger in the night and fill up battery water in regular intervels.

Even Malaysian GS or any battery if you look after with battery water at correct intervels, connect a small battery charger, in the night which will give 1 amp maximum, you can extend battery time some more. Charger cost will be around Rupees 1000.00.

Your car battery charging voltage shoud not go more than 14.5 volts maximum.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,where can I buy that charger from? Any specific brand?

techlove,

You can buy a battery charger from Robert Agencies at Reclamation Road Colombo 011 Tel:2421009/2421008/2421017/2421053/2421032.

They have web site. www.robertagencies.com Most suitable one for you is according to their web site is 5 amps one. But this can charge your battery in about in 4 hours full, there fore you have to have a timer switch which they have for rupees 2000.00. which can be fixed to the home plug. Battery charger plug will be fixed to the timer switch.

I build my own chargers, I buy a 230/240 Volts step down to 12 Volts AC-2amp Transformer with a full wave bridge rectifier, 1000UF Capiciter 50 Volts and the wires with battery clips mount same to a old computer power supply box fix same to your garage wall connect the clips to the battery, leave it over night.IF you want you can incorporate a Ampere meter for that box also.

To minimize the connecting clips to the battery by opening bonnet of your car, you can have a Cigaret lighter socket fitted on some hidden place so that will not be seen be seen and connect your battery charger leads to the cigaret lighter adapter.

Any Radio/TV technician will build for you if unable contact me. I will help you to do same.

You can Email me on <[email protected]><[email protected]>

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1