• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rav4, Crv Or X-Trail?

bud

Question

Guys I need ur advice,

I’m dreaming to buy my 1st SUV and considering following options,

Toyota Rav 4 97/99 Auto

Honda CRV RD1 98/99 Auto

Nissan X-trail 99/2000 Auto

Just considering criteria - Fuel consumption

- Maintenance cost &

- Spare parts availability

Which one is best to buy? (Rank please)

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Aiyoo Mahesh! X-trail number 3? HRV number 1? The Rav4 can be a HRV? Aiyoo....Are you doing the old drink and type thing again machan?

X-trail bud, the X-trail. Hate the styling myself, but it is undeniable quality.

Hi ShintaroX, Thanks for ur comment.... but r u actually selecting x-trail based on my 3 criteria or r u showing some bias to a particular make?

- Fuel consumption

- Maintenance cost

- Spare parts availability

Isn`t the thing with the Toyota badge the obvious under these criteria? Specially in the local context?

Personally it`s the X-Trail all the way for me, but that`s based on the car itself, no external factors.

bud,

My son in-law uses Honda CRV year 2000 he is the 3rd owner it does in Colombo 8 to 9 KM/Liter, out of Colombo he gets about 11 to 12 KM that depends on driving times, if he goes out of Colombo very early morning and comes back late in the night to Colombo when there is less traffic. No major repairs. Only regular service, for last five years 85000.00 km. As the third owner he has done 20000KM. when he bought he has paid 2.2 million 5 years ago.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

bud, I would never buy an x-trail cos it reminds me of the car that my dad made for me when I was a kid with two cardboard boxes. So that is my bias. The X-trail just happens to be solid.

Thats a good one... Thanks for ur comment....... May be that box shape is the Nissan’s uniqueness as they had continued the same with X-trail new model as well as the Petrol………………

bud,

My son in-law uses Honda CRV year 2000 he is the 3rd owner it does in Colombo 8 to 9 KM/Liter, out of Colombo he gets about 11 to 12 KM that depends on driving times, if he goes out of Colombo very early morning and comes back late in the night to Colombo when there is less traffic. No major repairs. Only regular service, for last five years 85000.00 km. As the third owner he has done 20000KM. when he bought he has paid 2.2 million 5 years ago.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

-

Do u have any idea whether Rav4 does better in fuel than CRV (8-9/L) ?

I think x-trail is the worst in fuel out of these 3 as it does only 6-7/L max in colombo...