• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner For A Car

ransam

• 5 months later...

Forget it guys, we have one and it cant even suck in small sand particles. They are just underpowered, you guys are better off with using a regular vacume.

I have to agree. Underpowered plus the one that I used to have (Optima VC 300) couldn't even stay alive until I cleaned the entire car... not even after a full charge.

If you want a good vacuum get a regular wet/dry vac. Like the others mentioned, the handheld one's are crap. But if you must by a handheld, just buy a cheap one that plugs into the 12v socket in youur car. They work a little better than the battery operated ones. Eitherway, they don't clean very well.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

If any of you guys got time time to drive upto Thilakma City- Mahabage (Colombo Negombo road) ,They have a superb collection of car care products including vacuum cleaners. Amazingly low prices.Please note this is not third party marketing. My garage shelves are full of their imports now.

MINIACE

• Like 1

slightly OT, my service station chaps use a pvc tube hooked up to an air line off the compressor. Simple the air line is poked through a 3ft tube firing towards one end and the other end works like a suction inlet.

works superbly and you can use for both wet and dry applications. Only hitch is that you need an air compressor :D

• Like 1

slightly OT, my service station chaps use a pvc tube hooked up to an air line off the compressor. Simple the air line is poked through a 3ft tube firing towards one end and the other end works like a suction inlet.

works superbly and you can use for both wet and dry applications. Only hitch is that you need an air compressor :D

.........or you can buy a regular vacuum right?

Something tells me your going to try to do everything with that compressor now.

'Ripper',

You have mentioned one of the very old methods of vacuuming. Some big time vehicle repair shops early days (1960s) used this method. Even I had this type of vacuuming in my work shop to clean motor and armature windings, Because if you hold air pressure to electrical windings dust will go inside the winding and can give trouble in the winding coils.At that time there were no motorized Domestic Vacuum cleaners.

This type of Vacuuming is a very effective method.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

.........or you can buy a regular vacuum right?

Something tells me your going to try to do everything with that compressor now.

oh yeah. since o've got it going now, might as well use it ne! :)

also that pipe vacuum thing works really well. I've seen it in action and it even sucks out water. very simple operation too

Hooked up the new airlines to the compy today, need to adjust the motor mount and i should be good :)

'Ripper',

You have mentioned one of the very old methods of vacuuming. Some big time vehicle repair shops early days (1960s) used this method. Even I had this type of vacuuming in my work shop to clean motor and armature windings, Because if you hold air pressure to electrical windings dust will go inside the winding and can give trouble in the winding coils.At that time there were no motorized Domestic Vacuum cleaners.

This type of Vacuuming is a very effective method.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

The service station i go to have heavy duty wet and dry vacuum cleaners. But for some reason, the workmen tend to prefer the air-hose-in-pipe method!

I assume the suction power is better than that of the motorized vacuum cleaner.

This is the most commonly used and most practical method even nowadays beating the modern tech. Easy, inexpensive and very practical.

MINIACE

oh yeah. since o've got it going now, might as well use it ne! :)

also that pipe vacuum thing works really well. I've seen it in action and it even sucks out water. very simple operation too

Hooked up the new airlines to the compy today, need to adjust the motor mount and i should be good :)

The service station i go to have heavy duty wet and dry vacuum cleaners. But for some reason, the workmen tend to prefer the air-hose-in-pipe method!

I assume the suction power is better than that of the motorized vacuum cleaner.

Ado stop making excuses to use the compressor.

Ado stop making excuses to use the compressor.

well i do have to justify the weekends spent attending to it, the space taken by it on the garage floor etc etc :)

just having the luxury of air tools alone wont cut it :) Now i dont need a vacuum cleaner too :D

well i do have to justify the weekends spent attending to it, the space taken by it on the garage floor etc etc :)

just having the luxury of air tools alone wont cut it :) Now i dont need a vacuum cleaner too :D

Mrs. Ripper : "ripper, why do you keep bringing rusty old crap home. Take it back!!!"

Mr. Ripper: " "but darling, I can use it as a vacuum for the house, a hand dryer, an air pump for the fish tank and an hair dryer."

Mrs. Ripper: "have fun living and sleeping in the garage."

• Like 1

Seems like a common practice, my service station guys use this method as well :)

• 3 years later...

41Or59Ua9wL._SY300_.jpg

Bought this today off Ar***o, totally useless, poorly designed and no power at all,

Make cleaning a hatchback like a gymnastic workout.

A 20 year old National Vac works way better

Keep away folks, complete waste of 4700 bucks

http://www.blackanddecker.com/products/power-tools/automotive/car-care/12v-dustbusterreg-auto-vac/av1500