• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help On Relevant Service On Newly Buy Used Ae100

niroperera

Hello Friends,

first, I'm not sure, is this the correct place to post this question. If not so, please let me know, admins...

Recently, i bought AE100 Se Limited, 1992 car. I should say, i'm not very much expert in maintaining, servicing motor cars, since this is my first car. :)

So, as i rode last several weeks, my car, I found that, petrol consumption is bit high. I found this from, one of my friend bought same model car, with me, and it does good on fuel. ( we didnt measure exact way how its measure, ) ..but we just audit from ruff figures. We think, his car does outstation around 14kmpl.. but i think mine does may be 11 or 12. ..So that is one fact.

and, my car's speedometer and rpm meter is not working. but fuel & temperature is working. So need to fix this as well.

and, my question is, what kind of service should i do?

- full service? Engine tune-up? oil change? filter change?

- and what would be the good place(affordable as well)..(i'm not sure, here i'm breaking forum rules.. :( )

after all..its a very nice car. I love it.. :)

Hopes ur helps on this.

Cheers!

what is the transmission type of your friends car manual or auto and what is your transmission type manual or auto?.

did previous owner give you the cars service records if so you can look at them and figure out when to do the tune up full service etc...... but that been said if i was you to be on the safe side i do a full service with oil and filter change and do a full tune up.

what is the transmission type of your friends car manual or auto and what is your transmission type manual or auto?.

did previous owner give you the cars service records if so you can look at them and figure out when to do the tune up full service etc...... but that been said if i was you to be on the safe side i do a full service with oil and filter change and do a full tune up.

Fully agreed, irrespective of what seller says and shows better to do a full service and a engine tune up

Fully agreed, irrespective of what seller says and shows better to do a full service and a engine tune up

Sorry guys.. I coudnt log on to here, sorry for late reply. and thanks lot for your response.

Here, both cars are in manual transmission. I didnt get any previous service maintanance records.

Can you tell me, how much it will cost around for full service & filters change?

Cheers!

it will depend on the which brand of oil and filter's you use afaik it will be around 9k

fuel consumption is depend on driving style of the user it's different from person to person if you want good fuel figures be very gently with the throttle.

Edited by nexus