• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevrolet Cruze Fuel Consumption Problem

gurugee

Question

Hi Chevrolet owners/experts.

I bought a Chevrolet cruze and noticed it does only 8KM per liter I tried 3 4 times filling upto 30Ltrs but still the same.

What do I have to do? this is 2004 Chevrolet (1.3CC) and it is in a very good condition (as you can see from the out side)

Also I want to buy 2 Air Filters (A/C) and do you know the place to buy those? If you know tell me where can I buy Chevrolet/swift Car cover and some rubber carpets at low cost.

Tkx much guys!!

G

@ ADMIN: post this on Other Car section too.. If it is duplicating please delete the duplicate post

13 answers to this question

Peek under the rear of the car to see whether there is a big ball like thingy between the two wheels. If so, it's a 4WD Cruze and your fuel figures could be pretty normal.

If it's not a 4WD version, try going thru the following thread for possible solutions.

Outside condition of the car is not an indication of anything buddy.

AC Filters are available with any AC repair shop. Why do u need 2?

You can get car covers from Darley Road. Get a good quality one.

You can also get carpets from Darley Road.

• Like 1

Thanks @Crosswind and @Amila.

@Crosswind your awesome! I will check this by tomorrow and I wish this will not be 4WD :sport-smiley-027:

I purchased month ago and I hope 1st owner didnt even bother touch the engine. So I have to go for tuneup.

Do you guys thinks I have to go for computer scan? I check with A*W and they said its 1500+Vat for Chevrolet. Will that help me to check the whole condition of car? including fuel prob (if it is not a 4WD) :speechless-smiley-019:

Not an expert but an owner.

to me 8 km/l is reasonable and you might get higher number if you on outstation run, depending on your driving style.

I too had the same question when I bought mine. Swift & Cruze sharing same engine but I've noticed Cruze performance is better than Swift & probably that's the reason for higher consumption.

I also got a FB15 & surprisingly it does better on gas than the Cruze. Both cars are very well looked after I must say.

I use V I C (A-967) filter for engine which are freely available in any decent auto spare shop.

Not aware of any Cruze brand car covers but any medium size will do fine.

It's always better to do a scan, if you haven't done recently but stay away from unnecessary repairs suggest by A M W guys.

• Like 1

Hi bro

5 years back i had a 2004 swift & it did only 8kms per ltr.then i bought a 2004 Chevrolet cruize & it did 13 km per ltr.in that time one of my friend(2002 swift owner) told me that to use a some thing called a "nano fuel server"(i cant remember the 100% correct name)its cost only 2500/= ,& now his swift is good in fuel & hes fully satisfy of that product..

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers! I still couldn't check whter my Chevrolet Cruze is 4WD or not, due to rain I cant go under the car cus its park outside :(

@Crosswind, i forgot to reply regarding Cabin filters. I found 2 filters inside my cabin 2 squire dirty filters :( How much you guys think these filters will cost?

@maersk Thanks dued. I tried medium cover but it is not enough for chavy Cruze. length was ok but from 2 door sides it was not enough :(

So as you all suggested I will go for a Computer scan first. any suggestions other than A M W for Chavy cruze computer scan?

• Like 1

Hey Chevrolet Cruze Owners,

I did a engine tuneup for my Chevy (2004) . throttle n plug cleanup then Clean n fixed the A/C Cabin Fliter (Actually it was a one lengthy filter :) )

Now it does around 9KM per Ltr in smooth road but with traffic does 7-8KM per Ltr. So it seems still need some more work.

Any suggestions? Can I go for Scan or can I change ALL THE OIL (Auto, Break, Engine) and Change Air Filter?

I am sure this should do at least 11KM per Ltr. :speechless-smiley-019:

Hi All,

Any expert tell me what should I do next if the throttle n plug cleanup did not improve my fuel consumption ? Also I change the Air filter. Please HELP!

gurugee, I think it's time to face facts. Often car sellers and owners flout fictitious fuel efficiency figures. I think 9 KM/L is probably normal for your car. The only thing I can advise you to check is the automatic transmission but more importantly change your driving style and see if it makes a difference. Try to be lighter on the throttle and go for smooth acceleration rather than rapid acceleration and keep the revs low on all gears (not as easy on auto transmission). Basically a less aggressive driving style.

Tkx Don. My Tech guy said the first owner did not touch the engine nor he change any Oil or anything. SO do u think I have to change Automatic tx Oil and Engine oil to see is there a change. Car running meter is More than 50K now.

Tkx Don. My Tech guy said the first owner did not touch the engine nor he change any Oil or anything. SO do u think I have to change Automatic tx Oil and Engine oil to see is there a change. Car running meter is More than 50K now.

Odometer is rarely a good indicator of mileage since it gets doctored by sellers. I think you should have done what is called a major service straight after purchase which is to change all fluids, filters, the timing belt if your car has one and give the car a full check up.

GUYS. Merry Christmas!

Finally I managed to FIX my fuel consumption problem. Reason was the Automatic transmission OIL. the first owner never change that and it was so thick when my garage guy removed it. So my gears were not properly changed.

Thanks to my Garage guy no the Chevy does more than 12 KM per Liter in city with A/C (I checked more than 3 times.) Will check on highway soon.

Thank you all for comments will contact u all if I want any Advice. Thanks AUTOLANKA.