• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride

Z.u.L

been using a Toyota Premio since last september. it was a 1.8ltr and it was a really nice car and enjoyed using it. sold it last week.

i always liked the crown and wanted to own it, so got a good deal and finally got her. my intention on buying a hybrid was not to save fuel but affordability, obviously i cant afford a petrol variant of the car since il have to pay an absurd amount for it, close to 20+ mill. eventhough its a hybrid, the 3450cc engine kicks out close to 305ps and it pulls like a rocket ( compared to my 1.8ltr premio that is =P).

post-3092-0-52018400-1320130457_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-15206000-1320130825_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-23193400-1320130852_thumb.jp

Good stuff.. Is this RWD mate? We don't get the Crown over here, do they have a version with a manual gear box at all?

The alternative we`ve got is the Aurion, which IMO sucks as a big car cause it`s FWD and Toyota does not offer a manual version at all..!

Its a rwd and yes its triptonic machan.

Its around 10million.

Yes it has a lcd pannel in place of the coventioal meter board

i shall make a video and upload it on youtube and post the link here.

Thanx miniace.

does anyone know where i can find H8/H11 fog lamp bulbs, white colour ones.

try L*gacy Motors in braybrook place... they got Biolight bulbs.... thats what I got! its every difficult to find H8/H11 cos they mostly come with Korean parts, so you need to put Korean bulbs which are cheap but equals Japanese bulb quality.

try L*gacy Motors in braybrook place... they got Biolight bulbs.... thats what I got! its every difficult to find H8/H11 cos they mostly come with Korean parts, so you need to put Korean bulbs which are cheap but equals Japanese bulb quality.

thanks machan, will go check it out.

my intention on buying a hybrid was not to save fuel but affordability

you got a nice ride there, luxury, affordability in terms of initial investment and running costs. I like this quoted part where it shows the actual reason to own a hybrid in Sri Lankan context and thumbs up for openly admitting that as oppose to the "so called" tree huggers

• Like 1

you got a nice ride there, luxury, affordability in terms of initial investment and running costs. I like this quoted part where it shows the actual reason to own a hybrid in Sri Lankan context and thumbs up for openly admitting that as oppose to the "so called" tree huggers

hehe, what ever said, at the end thats the truth.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

after nearly 2 years i have bid farewell to the crown. the most comfortable luxury Japanese car i have owned and will ever own i guess. had good and bad memories but enjoyed everybit. a fast and comfortable car. it did around 6.5 - 7.5 km/l city running and around 11 - 12 km/l out station and a tad bit more when in the highway.

this is the latest addition. going back to a beemer after 7 years i think. after my E39 525i.

2012 F10 520d

8jn5.jpg

nz3q.jpg

yy3d.jpg

oag1.jpg

the previous owner had fitted a M Sport Body kit and a Spoiler.

Feedback are welcome!

yes, the dream got shattered when i herd how much it cost!!! not a very big fan of the current merc range, looks wise. just my personal view. still i dont think il be able to afford a merc for my price range.

iv always loved the whole experience with the e39. thats what made me go for another beemer 5 series.

Edited by Z.u.L

Congrats ZUL on your new ride.

Since MD brought up teh subject, out of curiosity how much does a Merc W219 goes for these days?

Audi A7 is not a bad replacement for the CLS. Something new for you to dream about maybe.

Edited by xXx

after nearly 2 years i have bid farewell to the crown. the most comfortable luxury Japanese car i have owned and will ever own i guess. had good and bad memories but enjoyed everybit. a fast and comfortable car. it did around 6.5 - 7.5 km/l city running and around 11 - 12 km/l out station and a tad bit more when in the highway.

this is the latest addition. going back to a beemer after 7 years i think. after my E39 525i.

Congrats on your new ride

and thanks for the brutal honesty about the Crown Hybrid's fuel consumption

I've heard a couple of folks bragging that their Crown Hybrid does like 10-12.

Anyway that's the car I was contemplating to buy for some time (before I got the Focus) but the sheer cost kept me away. Also there's not much info about Crown Hybrid in the forum. Could you please give some pros, cons, maintenance issues etc. of the car?

Congrats on your new ride

and thanks for the brutal honesty about the Crown Hybrid's fuel consumption

I've heard a couple of folks bragging that their Crown Hybrid does like 10-12.

Anyway that's the car I was contemplating to buy for some time (before I got the Focus) but the sheer cost kept me away. Also there's not much info about Crown Hybrid in the forum. Could you please give some pros, cons, maintenance issues etc. of the car?

10-12 for long distance sounds reasonable, cuz one of my relative has a Lexus LS600H and he said it does close to 10km/l