• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Galant Diesel

jake_harper

Question

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a diesel galant for like 3 weeks now. But only came across a very few which were not up to the condition I expected. Even on the weekend newspapers a galant appears rarely. Can someone suggest me somewhere I could find one?

BTW the options I had was Galant (98,99),Nissan Bluebird SU14,Carina CT210 and the famous CE110, and I thought of going for a galant. Is it a wise decision in terms of maintenance ? (I searched the forum for an answer for this but could not find)

Thank You

8 answers to this question

Galant diesels are rare these days.English numbers 4D5,fully loaded versions with ABS are hard to find and expensive too.There were some reliability and parts availability issues with the diesel version.Very economical and comfortable car. Remember we discussed about Galants sometime back. A CE110 is a good alternative.

MINIACE

Galant diesels are rare these days.English numbers 4D5,fully loaded versions with ABS are hard to find and expensive too.There were some reliability and parts availability issues with the diesel version.Very economical and comfortable car. Remember we discussed about Galants sometime back. A CE110 is a good alternative.

MINIACE

thanks a lot miniace. yeah out of the 3 cars I inspected only one had ABS and airbags. But it kinda needed a paint job. I will try a week or two and go for a CE110 or a CT210. But when it comes to price Galant is cheaper isnt it? Hope to find one around 1.8 million.

I have a 65 Galant diesel with a 4D68 diesel engine. Pulls better than the petrol Galant. Haven't had any major problem though. There is an inherent problem with the Gearbox where after about 70K you'll need to replace the brass cone of the 1st gear. Agents have spares so nothing to worry. There's a nother guy who supplies for Police Garage who's cheaper than the agent for obvious reasons.

I have a 65 Galant diesel with a 4D68 diesel engine. Pulls better than the petrol Galant. Haven't had any major problem though. There is an inherent problem with the Gearbox where after about 70K you'll need to replace the brass cone of the 1st gear. Agents have spares so nothing to worry. There's a nother guy who supplies for Police Garage who's cheaper than the agent for obvious reasons.