• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sports Cars

Zambo

Thanx man for the insight about Sri Lankan style. Im from the US and that the craze there, pump the crony into glory. well I guess will do as u say but why is it that SL are not that interested in style just the blah. what about the bodykitted dudes in colombo I see every time I go there roaring down the road?

Nope, SL people are interested in style. Just that style is an individual thing. And your ideas of style don't mesh with a lot of people here.

Be that as it may, you can find people who think as you do. P.T. Barnum had a name for them.

Two reasons most people don't bother pimping cars around even if they think it looks good that way.

1. It costs money. This is still a poor country. Initially getting a car is expensive, you can't pick up a junkyard clunker for $500 and work on it. And then mods are expensive. And while I'm not sure that the number is on the per-capita-income, its pretty low. Put it this way, you could probably make more money waiting tables in a NYC restaurant than your average office worker would earn here. However, even if that is not a concern -

2. It attracts attention from cops. Something better avoided.

• Like 1

I'm one of those guys whose idea of style don't mesh with yours.

Of course, if you really want to go crazy and unique, you could try a three-wheeler. Plenty of pimping options, rear engined, rear wheel drive. Heck, you can even make it a convertible.

• Like 4

why do we bother... im sorry, but the only thing i can think of zambo is, ur still a 16 year old thinking bout his future car before being able to afford one.

and just keep in mind, if this is going to be your first car. chances are, ur gonna spend more time under the hood that cosmetic kottu joint

Thanx man for the insight about Sri Lankan style. Im from the US and that the craze there, pump the crony into glory. well I guess will do as u say but why is it that SL are not that interested in style just the blah. what about the bodykitted dudes in colombo I see every time I go there roaring down the road?

dude i used to live in the states and that is NOT the "craze".

what you are refering to is pimp my ride special. aka lets take a piece of crap, fiberglass some random bumpers onto it, big stereo, an exhaust that looks like a rocket launcher, some tacky chrome rims and done. but lets leave the half dead engine in there and paint just the outside of the car in a bright orange or pink.

modifiying in the states is mostly well done to decent jap imports or muscle cars and usually its done very well as materials and money is not something america lacks.

this this is known in the uk as a barry car.

check out www.barryboys.co.uk

dont worry though, they do it here too, ive seen loads of lancers where its clear that the owner wishes so badly it was an evo.

dude i used to live in the states and that is NOT the "craze".

what you are refering to is pimp my ride special. aka lets take a piece of crap, fiberglass some random bumpers onto it, big stereo, an exhaust that looks like a rocket launcher, some tacky chrome rims and done. but lets leave the half dead engine in there and paint just the outside of the car in a bright orange or pink.

modifiying in the states is mostly well done to decent jap imports or muscle cars and usually its done very well as materials and money is not something america lacks.

this this is known in the uk as a barry car.

check out www.barryboys.co.uk

dont worry though, they do it here too, ive seen loads of lancers where its clear that the owner wishes so badly it was an evo.

Dont bother mate, we see these kind of wannabe posers all the time.

"ooh look at me im going to get a car and turbo charge it and fit some shiny lights and some loud speakers"

They come, talk a bit of bullshit, no one buys it and they eventually leave.

@zerocool: lime green! aniwa defa!! and then you can do all of the above to it! hooray!!

No are you kidding me, wrong color

@zerocool get Hot pink and fit some pink neons also :sport-smiley-004:

3837577659_463421cdb5.jpg

:sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008: Cars are expensive in SL?? I dont think soo.. I'm also thinking of buying a Ferrari ENZO or a Bugatti Veyron for a cheaper price and fully modify it.. Please help.. :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bugatti-Veyron-Electric-Parental-Control/dp/B0030U3HWK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Licensed-Ferrari-Outdoor-Pedal/dp/B000F9XGKM

:sad-smiley-067: