• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Van Mb 140

Nissan cdj

What do u all think about Mercedes Benz MB 140 van on Tourism Field ? ( I saw a this kind of van for 28 lkhs and it is 2001 YOM and it has all features required for this field )

so I want to know is ,

Is this van reliable for this field or not ?

and how is the maintenance expenses for this coz its a mercedes ?

the fuel consumption of this van ?

and would like to know whether these models are use on tourism and are these models only comes with what roof I mean high roof or flat roof ?

Edited by Nissan cdj

it is a good van and it is used in tourism

but repair costs are gonna be very high. not a expert on this van but.

i say avoid it. unless you have more than one vehicle on the business to pay its maintainence bills..

hope other members will enlighten on this. since my dad too once wanted to buy one of them for our business.

• Like 1

Nissan cdj,

Relative of mine drove from UK this van with a petrol engine bought New, I have traveled in that van it is ideal for Tourist transport.He got it down on a passport to vehicle so that he used same on foreign plates, early part of year 2000 without registering for two years, used in Srilanka. Converted here by a reputed gas (LPG) converting company, he brought the unit from Italy. As soon as he brought here he converted to LPG. This engine was specially ordered with the carburetor in UK. At that time they did not have carburetor of this model. later he exported back same to UK.

But the agents for a small repair on brakes used to charge very high from him had to pay a big sum of rupees and register with them it is not advisable to buy this vehicle unless you are prepared to import any parts from Singapore do repairs out side.I modified the shocks and fitted KYB on same due to carburetor engine did not give any trouble for two years he did about 40000+ kilometers in srilanka tires were changed at 30000+ kilometers.

There is a model with diesel engine 5 cylinder mostly used by foreign embassy staff in Srilanka I have done some work on then the service what I do.

One thing I can say the most comfortable van of this class. I have ever traveled. This van must be a diesel. for the price it is OK. Still make a offer of 2M it is very difficult to resell, repairs are very costly. If I am not mistaken this has twin A/C.

Tourists will like to travel on this van if they have traveled early in their previous countries before they have visited, due to the comfort they get on same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

@ sYLVI :- THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO /yeah as u imagine this is a diesel van as the majority said this vehicle is soo high on maintenance expenses.so what about the fuel consumption of this ? however the owner of this vehicle said that the vehicle wont trouble u if u do the service at time and repairs wont come for long time is this true ?

My neighbor had one and i've ridden it couple of times. The ride is quite comfy, and it does quite well on diesel. But BADLY underpowered. Once I borrowed it for a trip to mahiyanganaya and he told me to turn off the dual AC when going uphill. And I'm not talking extreme inclines; even kadugannawa was a bad crawl uphill. But I must say it is the nicest van to be a passenger in.

• Like 1

Nissan cdj,

I was out of Colombo yesterday returned late, what is the cylinder capacity of you think of buying there I think two models of this van cylinder capacity. The drivers of foreign embassy"s had told me in Colombo 5 cylinder model do about 12 kms per liter I do not know how for it is true because they rob fuel.

Please do give the engine model I have a close relative of mine technical department engineer with D*MO can find out the correct figures.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1