• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Volkswagen

udana_k

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi Sylvi,

How about the newer Beetle? Are they reliable, any idea on maintenance, etc etc. I have been told that the agents aren't the best.

I love the idea of a manual 2ltr, but driving in traffic can be a pain. Haven't seen that many Automatics around for sale.

• Like 1

Hi Sylvi,

How about the newer Beetle? Are they reliable, any idea on maintenance, etc etc. I have been told that the agents aren't the best.

I love the idea of a manual 2ltr, but driving in traffic can be a pain. Haven't seen that many Automatics around for sale.

I think the 1.8 Turbo(20v) is better than the 2.0L.

We have been using 1.8T for some time now and there where nothing to complain.

I found an auto after getting some contacts from auto lanka.

Good economy considering it's engine size did 13kmpl when we took it to kataragama and does about 8kmpl short distance.

It's very fun to use.

• Like 1

thanks Sylvi, sounds cool. :) you know the places where to buy parts? i'm bit of concern the fuel economy also...

Agents have few common spares, mostly they import from Singapore and will fix them on to the car so air freight too you have to pay but they do it in few days because agents have a supplier in Singapore ships in three days.

Go for VW good German car, every other motorist will look at you when you drive due to few available in Srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1