• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Head Light - Bulb

sira

thanks Sylve

My Honda EK3 got Plastic galss for headlamp and i belive the reflectors also plastic. so i'll not install 80w bulbs. I have seen lots of types of Bright Head light and which is called, HID, Projection bulb....etc. so are they relaible? and will this suit for plastic reflector lamp case..etc

sira

'sira',

For the information I have received HID kits, the best is 6000 K for normal use. If it is higher than that Police might object to you.

I read a news article few days ago, the authorities wanted to ban high wattage head lights. High tone horns also.

I use normal stranded 55/65 wattage bulbs. Which is OK for driving in the night in Colombo roads and as well as out of Colombo roads.

Plastic H/L can get effected to high wattage bulbs due to high temperature produced by the bulb.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mate, Dont install Hids to normal reflectors as they will scatter the light and will be a real headache to oncomming traffic. I think its ilegal to fix hids to non projector headlamps now. I think its better to check the condition of your reflectors and dirrection of your headlight beam first. Still worried ,go for high out put bulbs like osram night breaker. This topic has been discussed recently . Bit of search will help you futher.

Edited by H.C

thanks Sylve

My Honda EK3 got Plastic galss for headlamp and i belive the reflectors also plastic. so i'll not install 80w bulbs. I have seen lots of types of Bright Head light and which is called, HID, Projection bulb....etc. so are they relaible? and will this suit for plastic reflector lamp case..etc

sira

Sira, there were some recent "sira" topics discussed on the same matter. Try to use some search keywords like 'philps' and 'osram' and you will get a couple of good threads.

Also there were people here who would hit you with large bats if you run your car with HID installed in non-projection housings. :sport-smiley-004:

(The light will scatter, and will blind the oncoming traffic. Plus now its against the law)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, it is . same wattage. do not use 95w or soem thing like that. this is wonderfull. by the way, you need to install relays initially. because my on got 1.5 voltage drop and this was fixed by installing relays.

sira