• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 3 Series F30 Unreveiled

kush

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to go for the Audi, need to think about the investment hopefully BMW will retain value better than the Audi due to better service of the agent. It is pitty though cos Audi has better build quality.

• Like 1

If I was buying a brand new car, I would rather buy something that I like and i can enjoy rather than something i'm just 'ok' with, just because of the 2nd hand market for it was higher. On a lesser scale its similar to people passing over a colour they like just cos another colour has a better 'market'....

I know money doesnt grow on trees for most of us, but still wouldnt you want step out of your house in the morning walk upto the driveway and subconsciously say "dam my car's sexy!!!" rather than sigh an tell yourself "my car is going to get a good 2nd hand price in 8-10 years, so i'll just suck it up and just drive it till then".. And I tell you that A4 is gonna look sexy for a long long time.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

You are absolutely right however I'm looking at a daily runner and most probably a 3-4 year horizon. This Audi will be an excellent secondhand pick after few years. And for sexy looks I would rather go with a classic or a semi classic Alfa with the money saved.

According to the agents, the first model to be launched would be the 328i. Quite surprising to be honest, given the fact that it would be extremely uncompetitive in the Sri Lankan market, compared to the A4's and the C class's of the same category, and even compared to a BMW 520i.

According to the agents, the first model to be launched would be the 328i. Quite surprising to be honest, given the fact that it would be extremely uncompetitive in the Sri Lankan market, compared to the A4's and the C class's of the same category, and even compared to a BMW 520i.

With all the options that are available both in and out of the car, plus the looks... i'm sure the audi A4 will have a way better resale value than the BMW 3-series. I just walked into their showroom today... the car that's been sold for the permit is the best one offered amongst the permit cars.. I've compared the interiors and the features.. the A4 interior seems far superior to the beemer, hands down!!

the A4 which is offered fot the permit is has a very low output compared to the BMW. i cant remember the figures but its abt 30% less. Only difference is that the 3 which is offered for the permit is now the old model as the new one will be launched BUT A4 on the other hand is the latest model.

Guys I'm taking about the new car F30 and hopefully a 318d or 320d with 141 of 181 bhp, with 8 speed auto. According to the info the built quality is far superior to the current E90 and some of the materials and technology in the new 5 series are offered.

I hope the agent will be able to get down the car for US$ 25K. And as far as I know VW/Audi do not fair well in the secondhand market because of the crap service offered by the agent.

Guys I'm taking about the new car F30 and hopefully a 318d or 320d with 141 of 181 bhp, with 8 speed auto. According to the info the built quality is far superior to the current E90 and some of the materials and technology in the new 5 series are offered.

I hope the agent will be able to get down the car for US$ 25K. And as far as I know VW/Audi do not fair well in the secondhand market because of the crap service offered by the agent.

Even if they offer it for the permit, provided Prestige Launch it Feb/March and taking the long waiting times for these vehicles you are looking at a August/September delivery at the earliest. Given the way this country suddenly change their policies overnight on these matters and anything else for that matter to be honest, you are taking one hell of a risk. My advise is go for your favorite option available right now.

Also note that the E90 that is imported under the permit is a totally stripped down version of the e90. Even the leather is not genuine. No alloy wheells, climate control etc. So thats not a good yard stick to compare. I just bought a 2006 e90 320i, which was imported the normal way by prestige, and i can see a huge difference in the option list and the quality of the materioal such as leather.

I guess prestige would have been able to get a deal from BMW to get a few cars under the permit scheme due to the phasing out of the e90 model. Doubt if they could do the same with the F30. Also if i am not mistaken, the offer for the permit is no longer existent (Correct me if i am wrong)

Also note that the E90 that is imported under the permit is a totally stripped down version of the e90. Even the leather is not genuine. No alloy wheells, climate control etc. So thats not a good yard stick to compare. I just bought a 2006 e90 320i, which was imported the normal way by prestige, and i can see a huge difference in the option list and the quality of the materioal such as leather. I guess prestige would have been able to get a deal from BMW to get a few cars under the permit scheme due to the phasing out of the e90 model. Doubt if they could do the same with the F30. Also if i am not mistaken, the offer for the permit is no longer existent (Correct me if i am wrong)

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the e90?

As far as i know the BMW which is offered for the permit was given under special package to SL. They were wrapping up the production of current model to set up the factories for the new model. I think they were finishing up the parts or something

Also i heard that the permit car is assmbled in malaysia im not sure

the A4 which is offered fot the permit is has a very low output compared to the BMW. i cant remember the figures but its abt 30% less. Only difference is that the 3 which is offered for the permit is now the old model as the new one will be launched BUT A4 on the other hand is the latest model.

Output isnt the main factor in buying a car, if u have a look at the the features available in the audi, u'd change ur mind about the beemer.. the beemer offered on the permit gives u a cheapish feel.. I was a beemer fan right throughout.. but now, not anymore after seeing the quality of the audi! went for the Audi A4!!

• Like 1

Output isnt the main factor in buying a car, if u have a look at the the features available in the audi, u'd change ur mind about the beemer.. the beemer offered on the permit gives u a cheapish feel.. I was a beemer fan right throughout.. but now, not anymore after seeing the quality of the audi! went for the Audi A4!!

IMO if you had been a fan of beemers "right throughout" a stripped down permit car and some buttons and gizoms wouldn't have caused you to switch loyalty :) 

Edited by k9master
  • Like 2

I know its not the only factor. its one factor. I personally will go for the A4... White... looks awesome

IMO if you had been a fan of beemers "right throughout" a stripped down permit car and some buttons and gizoms wouldn't have caused you to switch loyalty :)

its just not the buttons and gizmos... its the car as a whole. a proper petrol head will know the difference. just because u r a fan, it doesnt mean that you'd have to stick to it. u should check it out, then u'd know what i'm talking about.

Firstly the 320d offered under the permit is NOT targeted for "fans". It is simply a 320d, purposely stripped down of options to meet the limitations imposed under the permit scheme. The 320d is a better car compared to the A4, hence why they had strip it down completly to meet the $25,000 bracket, and the a4 didnt. Whilst i agree that the A4 offered under the permit scheme is good value for money and looks great, comparing cars offered under the permit does not do justice to the models as theie standard offerings are altered by the agents to maximise permit sales. A true Bimmer fan would know this.

• Like 2