• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Led Light Up Rims And Wheels For Bmw 7

irshadi2

NEW LED LIGHT UP RIMS AND WHEELS FOR BMW 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyV6Dstnyo&feature=related

hey fella instead opening new threads for things like this post this in post whoring thread

here is the link for post whoring thread http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?/topic/3353-post-whoring-part-2/page__st__1380

Members,

I came across this circuit using permanent magnets pasted to the rim and a small coil wound on it with a zener diode to control voltage, Full wave small diode convert to DC because like alternator it will generate AC voltage. To light when the vehicle starts moving only. I am unable to find that web page tried for several days. This was a (DIY) project.

Any suggestions by members who are knowledgeable in electronics to try out this system so that few Led bulbs can be lighted well when the vehicle starts moving using the very little power from the engine.

I will do the circuit with magnets only give me some instructions to try out so that others too benefited. Can have Rim pandol.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Y should they be illegal?

As it'd be a distraction to other drivers. Having some idiot driving along side me with those light-up rims would kill my peripheral vision on whatever side they were on. Now what if there were a couple of cars with that crap installed surrounding you in traffic on a rainy night? It'd be like trying to play beer pong with a bouncy ball...

Try Kandana LED place. They have wonder products or can get a custom one made if one wants to make a moving "thorana".

MINIACE

Miniace,

I saw the shop what you mention must go there today afternoon, to find out what they have.

I pass that way at least three times a weak due to some property interest in that area.

Only problem is powering those bulbs due to turning rim rotating, will have to have a brush holder installed and a insulated slip-ring behind the rim to power the bulbs. or else to generate power from the rim itself with according to my earlier post.

I find some members will not agree to light their vehicle rims. I do not know the rotating hubcaps how many will agree.

Rotating hubcaps I have seen them fitted, it is very nice even the vehicle stops the hubcaps will rotate for few minutes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Rotating hubcaps means spinners ?? ya i have seen those on Escalades with massive rim sizes. :D :D I have seen this sorta kit on eBay too. but its fixed to the fender and light is reflected to the rims. wont be this bright. But from the looks of this, i think these are not LED's. it must be a neon tube inside the wheel.

JayZ,

Even a round neon tube can be lighten the way I said in my early post with a small inverter. and few turns of coil wire pasted inside with epoxy like the automobile alternator stater winding few permanent magnets fixed close to the coil. When rim starts rotating there will be a voltage produced this can light the neon tube. In automobile alternator the roter is magnetized with battery voltage according to requirement of the automobile, the regulator will supply the voltage to give higher amperage.

For the neon tube or LED bulbs we do not want much amperage 1 Amp DC will be ample. It is only to fabricate the coil and the magnets inside the rim to produce a voltage.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

MINIACE,

I visited that Kandana LED shop on my way back they have a variety of LED bulbs, they are expensive than 1st cross street.

The manager or sales person do sales as they like, they are not willing to answer my questions.

First of all they do not know the subject, have some LED automobile like fog lamps which can be fitted to the buffer Rs.4500.00 for a set of two lamps, light strips white blue and red is available can be fitted as under lights, cost is three times than 1st cross street.

They have high powered 230volts AC lamps very high cost. All products are Chinese, they do not undertake to fabricate any thing, only selling LED lamps and bulbs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

NEW LED LIGHT UP RIMS AND WHEELS FOR BMW 7

Well he is not getting laid for sure ! ! ! :speechless-smiley-004:

BTW irshadi dont keep opening up new threads for stuff like this, there is a thread called post whoring which nexus pointed out.