• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diy Manual Transmission Oil Change

blkr6

Things you need:

Drain Pan, Manufacture recommend Gear oil (in my case 75W-90), manual Fluid pump (optional and depends on how accessible your filler bolt is) or a long tubing, basic tool set (depends on the car you might need allen and torx wrenches, jack and jack stands.

Drive your car go through all the gears and warm up the gear oil

Lift your car up using a jack and secure it with jack stands

Locate the Filler Bolt and the Drain bolt on your transmission

REMEMBER! Always remove the Filler bolt first! Let’s say you remove the drain bolt first and drain all the oil and go for the filler bolt after that. If for some reason filler bolt is stuck/striped/can’t get to it, you are screwed. Why go through all those headache?

Place the Drain Pan underneath

Remove the Drain Bolt

Let all the oil drain

Clean the Drain Bolt and put it back on

Now you have to think creatively and find a way to fill your gear box through the filler hole. I usually attach a hose to my gear oil bottle and fill it from top.

When the oil start pouring out your gear box is filled with new oil. (Remember to keep your car in level ground otherwise quantity of oil will be inaccurate. So you might wanna lower your jack)

Clean and Replace the filler Bolt

Your job is done!

Again Pics when I’m doing my car