• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help To Select A Car Around 1.5M

Banuka

Question

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy a car within next month and the budget is around 1.5M. can stretch a lil bit.

My requirements can be summarized as follows

• Fuel Efficiency is not the first priority: 10-11 kmpl city would do
  • i'm not a street racer. but bit hard on the acc. Like some sportiness. but do not need a subaru level.
  • Both me and dad have height amost 6 and dad is lil fat also. So good leg room is a must

Any suggestions based on the above reqs. my current idea is a civic ek3.

10 answers to this question

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy a car within next month and the budget is around 1.5M. can stretch a lil bit.

My requirements can be summarized as follows

• Fuel Efficiency is not the first priority: 10-11 kmpl city would do
  • i'm not a street racer. but bit hard on the acc. Like some sportiness. but do not need a subaru level.
  • Both me and dad have height amost 6 and dad is lil fat also. So good leg room is a must

Any suggestions based on the above reqs. my current idea is a civic ek3.

if you stretch your budget little bit more you can try carrina ti or gt nice comfortable rides and got good leg room and the civic ek3 have good leg room too.

how bout a Hyundai Matrix. it has fair leg space in it and does around 10 - 11 kmpl city limits

and acceleration ain't that bad as well

im also nearly 6ft tall and 'lets just say' a large person.

i didn't had any height issue's as well.

Honda Accord. Lots of space and comfy ride.

"Fuel Efficiency is not the first priority: 10-11 kmpl city would do" :P

Dont even think about these figures in an accord, but other than that i have to agree that it probably is one of the best choices out there.

Edited by The Stig

"Fuel Efficiency is not the first priority: 10-11 kmpl city would do" :P

Dont even think about these figures in an accord, but other than that i have to agree that it probably is one of the best choices out there.

I hear the 1.8l isn't that bad. Besides, you can't have everything. Life ain't that fair. :D

Edited by Big_D

I hear the 1.8l isn't that bad. Besides, you can't have everything. Life ain't that fair. :D

one of my friend have one according to him it do 8-9 in city and in outstation it do 11+ and it's a 1.8l auto gear one. :)

how bout a Hyundai Matrix. it has fair leg space in it and does around 10 - 11 kmpl city limits

and acceleration ain't that bad as well

im also nearly 6ft tall and 'lets just say' a large person.

i didn't had any height issue's as well.

I do not have any previous encounter with that model. How is the build quality of the interior?

Another Question, is Ek3 a bad option or what are the pros in other two suggestions compared to Ek3?

the ek3 is not a bad car as well

it got fairly good leg space and nice handling and good acceleration. and would also do more 10 kmpl in city limits (depends on your driving style).