• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tell Me Ur Openion On Suzuki Alto Or Suzuki A-Star

geethsam

Question

Helly guyz,

I am going to purchase a car, small one and this will be my first owned vehicle. Know shit about vehicles. So hope your expertise to choose better one. Since My budget is below 1.9 mn which one is the best.

1. Fuel efficiency

2. Resellability

3. Maintenance cost

4. Comfortness

5. Sporty look

I know can not expect much more just for 1.9mn. but need to go for the best value vs. cost. Please let me know your openion.

Geeth

Don't ever think that Indian cars will remain trouble free, just because they are brand new. Things completely depend on your luck. There are known cases of brand new Marutis causing more trouble than decades old cars.

If you are worried about resale value, I would suggest to go for a mainstream car or a car which has already depreciated significantly.

I didnt mean what u r telling. Since i m not known much just needed to choose better option. I feel used vehicles easily break down and If there was significant trouble how can i recognise initially when buying.??

Indeed, just becuase they are brand new doesnt mean they are trouble free.

Also a used Jap will override any Indian used car on resell markets.

cool.

I will explain wht i was planning.

01.On later Nov-11 I will pay 100k and book for a A- star car.

02. end jan-11 when car receive pay another 200k and balance to be leased (may be peoplers leasing)

I dont know how to proceed with used vehicle. I ll have to discuss wityh buyer and arrange the lease?

Yes all are old posts machan!!!!see recent posts :)

dude,

I checked both links. Both already sold. As they said passo is over 2.6 Mn now. isnt it?

Im pretty sure he can get atleast a 2004 passo for that price range. Also remember there is enough & more cars out in the market...so it wont hurt to bargain....

Friend. I m looking for a brand new one. I m not interested in used vehcles.

So what should be the best option.

geethsam, i bought my ek in 2009 for 1.625 million. was offered 1.95 for it two weeks ago. no brand new car in your spectrum can pull that stunt. sri lankan car market is enigmatic, to say the least. study it a bit more before you commit. granted, troubles are less with a brand new car, but that adage applies more to japanese motors. not the korean or the indian ones. i know an alto that went back to the agents 3 months after it was purchased with engine issues.

read up on these cars on the AL forums. a little searching will yield lots of info. include older cars in your research, not because you want them, but because you'll be in a better position to compare and contrast.

Viva Elite is a japanese one? Can you compare Viva alite Vs.Suzuki A-star

Viva Elite is made by the Malaysian compan Perouda. The reason why people seem to like it a lot is the car is based on the Daihatsu Mira and the engine and gearbox is from Daihatsu itself particularly the auto box. Of course the body and the interior is made in Malaysia so is not quite up to Japanese standards but it looks quite good compared to other options available in the market. I haven't seen an A start close enough to comment, but if it was my money I will buy the Viva.

Somebody has mentioned the Kia picanto. It looks good on the outside but I wonder if somebody can elaborate on price and options. The quality of Kia cars have consistently improved in the last couple of years so if its competitively priced it might be a good option.

But always remember, if you are worried about maintenance cost, always buy a common car as spares would be cheaper and there are plenty of Vivas on the road.

I didnt mean what u r telling. Since i m not known much just needed to choose better option. I feel used vehicles easily break down and If there was significant trouble how can i recognise initially when buying.??

A lot of people express this opinion, and I find most of them are novice car users buying probably their first or second car. As somebody who has used cars for a while I can say that as long as you get a well maintained car, they are not that expensive to maintain. But I see your point, for you its easier and more convenient to buy a brand new car with a warranty rather than spend your time hunting for and then taking a chance on a good used car. It is your money, your risk so let it also be your decision :)

I think Don has answered your question better than many of us could.

In case if you decide to go for a used car, this post will be immensely valuable

Im pretty sure he can get atleast a 2004 passo for that price range. Also remember there is enough & more cars out in the market...so it wont hurt to bargain....

Hi,

Is it really worth to spend such a price for a Passo which has a Daihatsu Engine? (Daihatsu 1KR-FE DOHC 3 Cylinder 12 valves engine)

(Got this info via Web)

I have not driven a Passo, so i dnt knw abt the driving pleasure, But as a passenger i did not like the engine noise inside the cabin (Don't know whether this is common to all Passo's or may be a defect in my friends Passo)

Anyhow in believe Passo is having a good market value and also comes with different features (Eg like intelligent key, etc..)

Hi,

Is it really worth to spend such a price for a Passo which has a Daihatsu Engine? (Daihatsu 1KR-FE DOHC 3 Cylinder 12 valves engine)

(Got this info via Web)

I have not driven a Passo, so i dnt knw abt the driving pleasure, But as a passenger i did not like the engine noise inside the cabin (Don't know whether this is common to all Passo's or may be a defect in my friends Passo)

Anyhow in believe Passo is having a good market value and also comes with different features (Eg like intelligent key, etc..)

The Dihatsu boon & The Toyota Passo are both manufactured with the same technology...So theres nothing wrong at all from what i see....

Compared to buying a maruti i would buy a passo.....

I dont know what u mean by the engine noise coming in the cabin....from what i know u can hear it any car...unless u r pushing it

The Dihatsu boon & The Toyota Passo are both manufactured with the same technology...So theres nothing wrong at all from what i see....

Compared to buying a maruti i would buy a passo.....

I dont know what u mean by the engine noise coming in the cabin....from what i know u can hear it any car...unless u r pushing it

Hi,

The engine noise i was talking about is; i was sitting in the rear seat and my friend was driving very smoothly, but i heard a higher engine sound compared to other cars (I mean like idle engine sound was higher), but outside noise was normal. Is it normal or something wrong with some padding or something..? (My other friend who was on the front passenger seat was bulling him saying that the Alto is Silent than this):D I drove his Jap Alto only once but did not notice any abnormal noise, since it was smtime back can't remember to compare between the 2 (Alto & Passo).. Only thing i can remember was his Alto pickup was hopeless..:action-smiley-060:

Hi,

The engine noise i was talking about is; i was sitting in the rear seat and my friend was driving very smoothly, but i heard a higher engine sound compared to other cars (I mean like idle engine sound was higher), but outside noise was normal. Is it normal or something wrong with some padding or something..? (My other friend who was on the front passenger seat was bulling him saying that the Alto is Silent than this):D I drove his Jap Alto only once but did not notice any abnormal noise, since it was smtime back can't remember to compare between the 2 (Alto & Passo).. Only thing i can remember was his Alto pickup was hopeless..:action-smiley-060:

The Daihatsu 3 cylinder engines don't develop a lot of torque so they need to be revved a bit and the gearing is setup up to do that, hence the noise. It's just the nature of the engine, but its very economical.