• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Polish

pontiac_gto

can u recommend some brand names for wax and polish... if it is policy violation, can u send me a message please... :rolleyes:

'pontiac_gto',

You can buy 3M brand products for DIY.What is the condition of your car paint.

It is very hard job better get a experienced person to do your cut and polish.

Any Automobile paint shop or fuel filling stations will give you the materials what you want to do the job.

Refer Web page.http://www.ehow.com/how_6108775_diy-car-polish.html

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

'pontiac_gto',

You can buy 3M brand products for DIY.What is the condition of your car paint.

It is very hard job better get a experienced person to do your cut and polish.

Any Automobile paint shop or fuel filling stations will give you the materials what you want to do the job.

Refer Web page.http://www.ehow.com/how_6108775_diy-car-polish.html

Sylvi Wijesinghe

i recently get painted it and didn't do a cut and polish job...

Edited by pontiac_gto

i think its waxing... we cant do cut and polish in home neda ???

Nop..we can. If the paint of your car is bit old & you want to remove the dirty marks on the clear lacquer, after washing the car, you can apply some brasso and polish it. Then wash the car again, let the surface to be dry & apply a good car wax and polish it with a clean cloth.

Or if the paint os new, wash the car properly and apply a good wax.

i recently get painted it and didn't do a cut and polish job...

You have got all information for your Question you want to do it your self or wanted a professional polisher to do.

I advise you to get it done through a professional polisher, it will cost you little money, 1 days job you buy all necessary stuff for polishing, that person will examine your Vehicle and advise you accordingly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You have got all information for your Question you want to do it your self or wanted a professional polisher to do.

I advise you to get it done through a professional polisher, it will cost you little money, 1 days job you buy all necessary stuff for polishing, that person will examine your Vehicle and advise you accordingly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Any idea of the costs Mr. Sylvi?

Okay since you insist on doing it at home ill share a couple of things i know

1) If your car is relatively new dont do a cut and polish on it, most new cars comes with a protective coating to reduces the damage on the paint by UV,dust,moisture etc. So if you cut the paint you will remove the protective layer and which would not be a good thing in the long run.

2) Secondly dont be cheap when you buy things like polish, there is a a reason why some products are sold at a premium and trust me its a worthy investment.

3) Also i notice that someone was recommending the use of brasso on a car, DONT ! It isnt meant to be used on cars, it isnt a remedy for everything either. Brasso might work sometimes but it might also leave stains due to chemical reactions and since every paint has different chemical attributes it might have worked for him but that doesn't mean nothing will go wrong for your car . Personally i would not take that risk, if you insist on doing a cut and polish job 3M and other brands have something called "cutting compound". Use the cutting compound lightly cause you will be removing too much paint if you over do it.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

Okay since you insist on doing it at home ill share a couple of things i know

1) If your car is relatively new dont do a cut and polish on it, most new cars comes with a protective coating to reduces the damage on the paint by UV,dust,moisture etc. So if you cut the paint you will remove the protective layer and which would not be a good thing in the long run.

2) Secondly dont be cheap when you buy things like polish, there is a a reason why some products are sold at a premium and trust me its a worthy investment.

3) Also i notice that someone was recommending the use of brasso on a car, DONT ! It isnt meant to be used on cars, it isnt a remedy for everything either. Brasso might work sometimes but it might also leave stains due to chemical reactions and since every paint has different chemical attributes it might have worked for him but that doesn't mean nothing will go wrong for your car . Personally i would not take that risk, if you insist on doing a cut and polish job 3M and other brands have something called "cutting compound". Use the cutting compound lightly cause you will be removing too much paint if you over do it.

thanks for the info bro...