• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb15 - Troubleshoot Factory Fitted Remote Key

iPrabhath

Hello friends,

I recently bought a FB15 Super Saloon (1998 model) and its key has a remote door locking function on it, but not working at the moment.

I checked the battery on the key and it has not been discharged.

Can someone provide me a way to troubleshoot the remote locking function.

Thank you.

Hello friends,

I recently bought a FB15 Super Saloon (1998 model) and its key has a remote door locking function on it, but not working at the moment.

Thank you.

Well if the central locking works fine when you insert the key in the lock, then probably either the transmitter (in the Key) or the receiver (hidden somewhere inside the dash or kick panels, usually on the passenger side on most Nissans) is malfunctioning.

Try with your spare key. if not, download the service manual for your car and follow instructions on that to find, check and replace the controller responsible for the function.

Hello friends,

Thank you.

You can take it to a place like s u n lanka and they will trouble shoot it for you. Be mindful that they might try to sell you one of their own systems. But if you have an IR detector you can check if the key is emitting a signal when the button is pushed. Then you need to figure out where the receiver is and try to reprogram the key. If the receiver does not respond you might have to get the receiver replaced or repaired.

Considering the cost of an after market system this might be more hassle than its worth. I know because I tried the same on my car already :)

You can take it to a place like s u n lanka and they will trouble shoot it for you. Be mindful that they might try to sell you one of their own systems. But if you have an IR detector you can check if the key is emitting a signal when the button is pushed. Then you need to figure out where the receiver is and try to reprogram the key. If the receiver does not respond you might have to get the receiver replaced or repaired.

Considering the cost of an after market system this might be more hassle than its worth. I know because I tried the same on my car already :)

These remotes are not using IR, so this method wont work.

Hello friends,

Thank you.

Fault can be on the following items

Key (Transmitter)

Smart Entrance Control Unit (Receiver)

Multi-Remote Control Relay

Fuses

First check fuses, then Relay.

Then check Smart Entrance Control Unit - This can be done using the method which is used to program the key.

Thanks all for the valuable replies. :)

I checked the fuse box of my car and I couldn't find the relevant fuse and relay.But I notice that fuse called "anti theft" is missing (I suspect this is the relevant fuse).Then I placed the fuse of the horn to the anti theft fuse slot and tried the key. It didn't work for me.

Isuru, can you please post the locations of the units you mentioned in the reply (Smart Entrance Control Unit (Receiver), Multi-Remote Control Relay ,Fuses).

Hello friends,

Thank you.

Is this a factory fitted unit or an aftermarket unit?

Thanks all for the valuable replies. :)

I checked the fuse box of my car and I couldn't find the relevant fuse and relay.But I notice that fuse called "anti theft" is missing (I suspect this is the relevant fuse).Then I placed the fuse of the horn to the anti theft fuse slot and tried the key. It didn't work for me.

Isuru, can you please post the locations of the units you mentioned in the reply (Smart Entrance Control Unit (Receiver), Multi-Remote Control Relay ,Fuses).

We can ignore the Multi-Remote Control Relay for now, as it is not present in some models.

In one model, Smart Entrance Control Unit is placed behind the meter panel(hooked to the meter cluster). And in the other model unit is placed somewhere near to the AC Filter in the passenger side.

But I think you don't have to locate the unit to check whether it is functioning.

Go inside the car, lock all doors (using the driver side lock).

Insert the key into the key cylinder and remove it from the cylinder six times or more within 10 seconds.

Then door locks should unlock. If so, we can say that your Receiver is functioning.

You may have to try several times as this has to be done in the correct speed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for the advice Isuru. I tried the Smart Entrance Control Unit test you mentioned above. It works fine :). (It worked in very first try)

What Should I do as the next step? If my key is not working , is there a way I can get a new key for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance for the advice Isuru. I tried the Smart Entrance Control Unit test you mentioned above. It works fine :). (It worked in very first try)

What Should I do as the next step? If my key is not working , is there a way I can get a new key for a reasonable price?

Why don't you fix a new system? with security!

Why don't you fix a new system? with security!

That's a good idea too.:)

you may refer to the Chinese security systems available here, what I don't like to add my car at the moment. At first I'll try my best to find another key and get it programmed ,if the price is reasonable.

I'll keep your suggestion as plan B.

Thanks Friend. :)

Thanks for the reply. :)

From where can I get the key programmed?

it's a DIY kind of a job.I was explaining you the initial steps of programming the key to check whether receiver is working.I couldn't remember exactly the rest few steps. But you may able to find that doing a search.If not, go for a mechanic whose having a good experience with this car.