• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tool Kit For Diy Jobs

MkX

Hi Guys,

Our existing two way spanner (dont know exact term) is broken so its difficuilt to use. I thought of buying a tool kit to do basic things. Ex - remove throttle body, spark plugs, sensors, etc.

Need adivise on below as, this kit will most likely be a life time thing .. :rolleyes:

The good quality brands or brands i should avoid / price range / additional tools other than standard nuts and spark plug removal tool, that will be useful.

Its sad to have to tell someone who's been around for so long, but why dont read up the recent 2 threads on buying toolkits rather than start a new thread. Most of the stuff you asked was mentioned there :)

My bad.. accept my appologies for the ignorence.. Will follow that threads.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Our existing two way spanner (dont know exact term) is broken so its difficuilt to use. I thought of buying a tool kit to do basic things. Ex - remove throttle body, spark plugs, sensors, etc.

Need adivise on below as, this kit will most likely be a life time thing .. :rolleyes:

The good quality brands or brands i should avoid / price range / additional tools other than standard nuts and spark plug removal tool, that will be useful.

You mean a "Ratchet"?. If the sockets are intact, you can buy just the ratchet from Pettah "FOSE" market(Next to CTB stand). I bought one a couple of weeks back for 300/= (after bargaining). Most tool shops otoh insist that you buy a complete set.

One of my friends bought a complete set (wratchet + sockets) for 1650/= from AC P**L in Sangaraja Mawatha (Col 14).

good tool brands are: Snap-on, Craftsman, gear wrench, Clifton and mac. you will pay triple the price but the tools will last for generations. my dad bought a good German tool set when he was 20, after 37 years of hard work they still work like new.

good tool brands are: Snap-on, Craftsman, gear wrench, Clifton and mac. you will pay triple the price but the tools will last for generations. my dad bought a good German tool set when he was 20, after 37 years of hard work they still work like new.

'blkr6',

The tools you mention are world class tools. I have a set of tools which my late father bought in Europe in middle of 1920,I have few of them still they are in good shape do not slip and spoil the head of a bolt like now days tools available in the market.I don't think Lucas is manufacturing any more hand tools.

If any member is interested can log onto web pages as under for quality tools.

http://www.samstagsales.com/elora.htm

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi