• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Newbie; Wanna Buy A Car For 7-9 Laks; Need Your Help

dedos

Question

Hi Guys,

As my first ever vehicle, the plan is to purchase an economical car with further plans to go for a "better" one in another year or so. I'm quite a newbie, please bear with my "living-under-a-rockness" while I jot down what I've come across as my possible options. I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out here with ANYTHING you can offer as advices.

As I've mentioned above I want to purchase an economical car for around 7-9 lakhs (700,000 - 900,000); the lesser the better. I'd be going for a better car (a relative term BTW ;) ) within another one year after buying this so, yes, aftermarket value is something I'm looking for too. However, the MOST important thing would be whether the car is economical; both in fuel efficiency and spare parts' prices et al.

So far I've considered the following 3 as my options:

Option 1 - Maruti 800 preferably an English number with power steering?

Option 2 - A Charade, Mazda Familia, Ford Festiva, Ford Laser etc. The 17- 18- ones.

Option 3 - A Korean car such as a Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio etc.

I'm a humble guy so I can keep my ego taking over me; meaning I don't actually bother about the prestige as my main goal is to travel economically from place A to B, safely. That should also mean the car wouldn't be giving much repairs, breakdowns and would have a good aftermarket value when I want to go for my next car in an year or so.

Please, share your thoughts and help me make the best possible option. If I've missed out ANYTHING, please feel free to suggest. I believe a quite a few people would benefit from the answers :)

Cheers!

Edited by dedos

Mate, are these "Toyota Corolla AE90/91, The Grand Civic and the Trad Sunny HB12" economical? Can you advice me on their fuel consumption in city limits.

Other members have already answered your questions. They also have a good reputation for reliability.

Machan, I would like to say something here, beside I"m new to forum, as well as auto industry.

But having brought my first vehicle in before two weeks ago, i would like to add some comment.

I went for TOYOTA Corolla AE100 Se limited - 1992 , Price was 12 30,000/=

I have seen 1991 AE100 went for 1100000/= these days.

I'm bit big guy :sport-smiley-003: . So specially Maruti, Alto i dont like them much, because of interior space. If you are so, i do not recomend those cars.

if you can extend you budget in around 2 lack, just for for AE100. You will have economical, and a car with good resale value too....

• Like 1

TATA nano is a great car, far better than Maruti 800, you should go to one of the D*MO showrooms and get a free test drive before deciding on a car, just try you will know the difference.

tata nano is a great car you got to be kidding me dude what you will do when it go down in flames. :rolleyes:

TATA nano is a great car, far better than Maruti 800, you should go to one of the D*MO showrooms and get a free test drive before deciding on a car, just try you will know the difference.

I agree, you will know the difference :) In fact I encourage the OP to try a test drive :P

I too suggest you try to stretch you rupee towards the 7 figure mark, at which point the next generation of vehicles will be available to you. AE100s and any variation there of (including Sprinters), plus the venerable Doctor sunny, are for the most part excellent examples of 90's Japanese automotive engineering.