• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Tune Up (New Cars)

chika

Hi everyone!,

This is going to be my first thread at AutoLanka.Hope you will help me out.

I owned an axio 2009 G grade car done 29000km and i did my service with toyota L**** wattala on monday.

They said that i need to do a tune up and to come on Wednesday, so my question is should i go for the engine tune ?

if not what will be better time to go for it?

hope to hear some good response.

Thank you!

2008-toyota-corolla-axio.jpg

Engine-thumbs-up-mechanic-XSmall.jpg

thank-you2.jpg

Isuru

Hi everyone!,

I owned an axio 2009 G grade car done 29000km and i did my service with toyota L**** wattala on monday.

They said that i need to do a tune up and to come on Wednesday, so my question is should i go for the engine tune ?

Thank you!

thank-you2.jpg

Isuru

modern day cars barely needs a tune up. at 30k i would change the air filter, fuel filter, pcv valve and spark plugs. i would look at your owners manual and follow the chart.

TL do try to rip you off at times.

One of my dad's friend (a first time cay buyer too) bought a brand new 141 from them and under was very careful and went to TL for everything. He maintained it a TL and did everything at the recommended time/mileage milestones. The car drove fine (as lest it looked/sounded/felt) and one day they had told him some cock n bull story and had some major engine repair (which IMO was totally unnecessary) which ended up with the engine being ripped out of the car and a bill of over 100,000.

So if your engine runs smooth, sensors are not giving problems, and you get a (approx)normal kmpl number, dont sweat it. Just life life to the fullest :D

modern day cars barely needs a tune up. at 30k i would change the air filter, fuel filter, pcv valve and spark plugs. i would look at your owners manual and follow the chart.

HI

The owners manual is in Japanese language. Right?

Me too was advised to do an engine tune up by TL and I did.

No difference. :D

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

TL do try to rip you off at times.

One of my dad's friend (a first time cay buyer too) bought a brand new 141 from them and under was very careful and went to TL for everything. He maintained it a TL and did everything at the recommended time/mileage milestones. The car drove fine (as lest it looked/sounded/felt) and one day they had told him some cock n bull story and had some major engine repair (which IMO was totally unnecessary) which ended up with the engine being ripped out of the car and a bill of over 100,000.

So if your engine runs smooth, sensors are not giving problems, and you get a (approx)normal kmpl number, dont sweat it. Just life life to the fullest :D

You mean a 141 made in 2008 gave an engine problem worth 100k

What was it's mileage,

Hi everyone!,

Thank you!

thank-you2.jpg

Isuru

I also got down a Axio with 24k millage and did the first service at TL.

What U could do is to get a corolla 141 manual which is in English. There you'll find a table for Engine Maintenance, in which the Axio engine (1NZ-FE)is also there. There the maintenance intervals are

vary clearly mentioned and separate tables are there for your driving condition (eg: dusty roads, melted snow,short drives such as police patrol etc). What I noticed was that the TL recommendations were more stringent than Toyota, which you really do not want.

I also got down a Axio with 24k millage and did the first service at TL.

What U could do is to get a corolla 141 manual which is in English. There you'll find a table for Engine Maintenance, in which the Axio engine (1NZ-FE)is also there. There the maintenance intervals are

vary clearly mentioned and separate tables are there for your driving condition (eg: dusty roads, melted snow,short drives such as police patrol etc). What I noticed was that the TL recommendations were more stringent than Toyota, which you really do not want.

Hi dinran,

From where did you get the English version mate?

Me too looking for one.

Thanks

Thilak