• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Navara Or Mitsubishi L200

RAHU

Question

Hey Friends,

As I posted few times earlier also I'm currently using a Mitsubishi L200 (1998) model double cab.... Now I'm planing to move into a new vehicle (Double cab)and have two choices between Nissan Navara and new L200.....

These are the areas that I want to get clarified..

What will be the best choice among two models?

What carries better off road capabilities?

Is there any common faliers in any of these models?

What are the differences between Animal, Warrior and sportero models in L200?

your help will be appreciated....

Thank you

13 answers to this question

Navara has way more features than the L200 when comparing top models. (Navara Aventura to L200 Diamond)

L200 is more of a workhorse and hence probably more suited to off-road than the navara. L200 is also has a bit more ground clearance I think.

Both have similar engine failure figures above 100000kms.

For models imported from UK this is the ascending order of the grade.

L200 = 4work, 4life, warrior, animal, elegance, diamond

Navara = S(sport), SE, Outlaw, Aventura. Then you get two special editions>> Die Hard 4.0, Long Way Down expedition

L200s cost less than Navaras so take that into account also. Hope this helps.

The L200 is quite comfortable i guess. and like GeNex said L200 has better ground clearance. i think the L200 might have a better second hand value.

As far as double cabs go i would go for the Hilux. I have a 2006 brand new imported cab and its really good overall. Very satisfied with it. I ordered the 2012 Hilux and it will be here in about 2 weeks.

I'd recommend the Hilux wholeheartedly though you've not considered. Any reason why?

Well I don't have much of an opinion on the others.. I've heard that the Navara packs too much of electronics and is a bit troublesome on those matters...

Thanks a lot for all the opinions of all my friends....

My father is already using a 2011 (March) Hilux imported brand new.....That is why I was not much interested on buying another one....

I can go up to 50 Laks......I'm planning to sell my current L200 for around 2.5 Million...... I found several reconditioned Navaras and L200s for that budget.....But Navaras at that budget were quite used and specially the interior was not in a good condition.....Even I found L200 as a good option......But I also see the difference in options......Navara is full with options......I found one for 50 with all the top options......

I came through Navara Aventure and outlaw, L200 Animal and worrier, but did not find any of the other variations.....

Anyway Currently I'm planning to go for a L200

By the way...how about the Ford Cab that one of you friends mentioned.....how about the price of the vehicle.......

Is 2012 Hilux comes with a new face???

Thank you again for your corporation...

Please update me if there is anything more I should know......

Edited by RAHU

The hilux has a new face for 2012 now it is here.

well the navara may have more options but also has more sensors which mean trouble compared to the l200

the L200 has the same 4d56 engine that has been in u'r old one so it will most probably have only the rare problems u had.

well from that 2 i recomend the L200

and the ford cab is brand new from 4.3mill to 6mill worth having a look too

Hey Rahu,

I don't know much about the ranger, but I do know they are not as popular as the hilux, l200 and navara in most parts of the world inc. SL (USA being an exception). They also are cheaper than the other three. Although the interior looks good, if not a bit 'plastic' looking/feeling and can rival the navara interior.

Don't take it to my word for the info on rangers.

I assume you are interested in the double cabs and not the smart/king/super cabs? If so you should be lookning at the following prices for a good condition, Top spec, unregisterd, reconditioned.

Hilux = 5.4mil

Navara = 5mil

L200 = 4.5mil

Don't let the navara electronics put you off. It should be a plus point! Only the old navara electronics were full of faults. New (post 2006) ones are all fine. I would recommend the Navara, unless this is purely for hardcore work/haulage use. If so I would recommend the Hilux then L200.

Thanks a lot for all the opinions of all my friends....

My father is already using a 2011 (March) Hilux imported brand new.....That is why I was not much interested on buying another one....

I can go up to 50 Laks......I'm planning to sell my current L200 for around 2.5 Million...... I found several reconditioned Navaras and L200s for that budget.....But Navaras at that budget were quite used and specially the interior was not in a good condition.....Even I found L200 as a good option......But I also see the difference in options......Navara is full with options......I found one for 50 with all the top options......

I came through Navara Aventure and outlaw, L200 Animal and worrier, but did not find any of the other variations.....

Anyway Currently I'm planning to go for a L200

By the way...how about the Ford Cab that one of you friends mentioned.....how about the price of the vehicle.......

Is 2012 Hilux comes with a new face???

Thank you again for your corporation...

Please update me if there is anything more I should know......

Yeah machang there is a face lift. check this out

The new face of Hilux looks fantastic......

But I decided to go for a L200 as I found it as a hard usable vehicle....And also as a model with less troubles....More than anything, I'm familiar with the vehicle and know places to get services done and buy parts and all......So the maintenance will be easier.....

Additionally, the look of the vehicle is also not bad except to the ball kind of shape of the back side of the vehicle....But I saw that once after we fix a cover for the back....the ugly look goes away......

Trying to go for a good range of L200 and already found several good options.......

I also see, but I'm not sure....I think the L200 is more taller than the Navara......Is that true or is that how I see the thing???

Anyway, Most of the options found in Navara, can be found in L200 also....(Navigation,Electric seats,and all other common options like ABS and ESP) Still didn't find a one with multi functional steering....

Hope t will be better in 4WD performance also....

Thanks a lot for all of you guys for your kind corporation.....It was really valuable......Keep in touch friends....I'll post as soon as I buy the vehicle........

Still not that confident to go for a brand like ford.......

The new face of Hilux looks fantastic......

But I decided to go for a L200 as I found it as a hard usable vehicle....And also as a model with less troubles....More than anything, I'm familiar with the vehicle and know places to get services done and buy parts and all......So the maintenance will be easier.....

Additionally, the look of the vehicle is also not bad except to the ball kind of shape of the back side of the vehicle....But I saw that once after we fix a cover for the back....the ugly look goes away......

Trying to go for a good range of L200 and already found several good options.......

I also see, but I'm not sure....I think the L200 is more taller than the Navara......Is that true or is that how I see the thing???

Anyway, Most of the options found in Navara, can be found in L200 also....(Navigation,Electric seats,and all other common options like ABS and ESP) Still didn't find a one with multi functional steering....

Hope t will be better in 4WD performance also....

Thanks a lot for all of you guys for your kind corporation.....It was really valuable......Keep in touch friends....I'll post as soon as I buy the vehicle........

Still not that confident to go for a brand like ford.......

Good luck !