• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

nato23

We can? :lol:

Also, I don't mind you posting the article, as long as you put it in the proper section. Car Buying Information is not the proper section. I had to move it. I hate doing extra work.

Also, posting an article without attribution is copyright violation and stealing. No one is gonna think you wrote it, looking at your posts, but its still wrong not to credit the proper author.

Plagiarism!! the exact word :D

i posted an article here cz i knw thr a couple or more die-hard fans of apple suck as ripper and so on... also we all can agree tht he has done a great job to produce some tech savvy and quality products to the markets which are much better than WINDOWS...

well...i'm more than a fan actually. more lik a true believer of the brand.

not really into peripherals that much...only comps.

In fact i don't really like the noobs who have gotten onboard the apple bandwagon after ipods and iphones. those blokes don't really know about apple imho :D

• Like 2

ewww. To think I let you sit in my car. Hold on I need to go disinfect it. Germs might still be around.

heh heh... i bet your car has seen worse things than me mate :P

on a sidenote... i used to be a hardcore pc fan. untill i got a chance to work with apple comps. no more blue screen, error screens, viruses and what not. you switch it on in the morning and switch off in the night and it runs beautifully without any errors. If you're in a creative industry like i am...a mac comp in itself is an inspiration :)

I hope MD is still puking his guts out :P The boy needs to loose some pounds anyways :P

on a sidenote... i used to be a hardcore pc fan. untill i got a chance to work with apple comps. no more blue screen, error screens, viruses and what not. you switch it on in the morning and switch off in the night and it runs beautifully without any errors. If you're in a creative industry like i am...a mac comp in itself is an inspiration :)

I hope MD is still puking his guts out :P The boy needs to loose some pounds anyways :P

i-concour :D

Its a bit odd at first but I haven't haven't had an error screen show up since I bought it, plus not having to run anti-virus software in the background is a huge boon to processing speed. The display's way better too. I wouldn't go back to my old setup if you paid me...

Same here. Switched to Mac about 3 months ago. No going back

Do you guys know that Mr Jobs drove a plate-less car for many years without being copped..Strange, Check links below .

http://applenewsdaily.posterous.com/the-mystery-of-steve-jobs-plateless-car

http://osxdaily.com/2010/03/28/steve-jobs-car-has-no-license-plates/

MINIACE

Well thank God he didn't drive a prius, otherwise we wouldn't hear the end of it ;)

Same here. Switched to Mac about 3 months ago. No going back

heh heh...i switched about 10 years ago. Just before the iMac was launched :)

An apple 7220 was my first Mac. Not the most pleasant looking thing but it was a real workhorse.

And then Mr. Jobs returned to apple and introduced the iMac. The gamechanger for a new apple revolution.

Now at work i work on an iMac g5 3gig i3 and have a 17 i7 macbookpro for my personal use :)

aboslutely no going back.

So I guess when you go Mac there's no going back eh? :)

i suppose it depends on what you do with it and what kind of a person you are.

for the creative types...macs are the most attaractive. not only aesthetically but also in functionality.

That depends on whether you need to use something that doesn't run in the limited Apple eco-system.

So far I haven't hit any snag's despite transferring stuff back and forth from Windows 7 and XP over the last year or so. Leopard runs everything from the Microsoft suite pretty efficiently or has an equivalent that handles it better. The only beef I have is the non-ability watch certain movie streams and browse some websites due to incompatibility with older flash versions etc. That should change going forward as developers move to the the newer suite of adobe flash applications but currently; it taints what is otherwise a great range of products by apple.

As for photo editing I wouldn't even bother comparing the two platforms- Its a hands down win. The better screen, integration of applications, the multi-touch mouse pad and the speed difference shoves it ahead by quite a bit.

So far I haven't hit any snag's despite transferring stuff back and forth from Windows 7 and XP over the last year or so. Leopard runs everything from the Microsoft suite pretty efficiently or has an equivalent that handles it better. The only beef I have is the non-ability watch certain movie streams and browse some websites due to incompatibility with older flash versions etc. That should change going forward as developers move to the the newer suite of adobe flash applications but currently; it taints what is otherwise a great range of products by apple.

As for photo editing I wouldn't even bother comparing the two platforms- Its a hands down win. The better screen, integration of applications, the multi-touch mouse pad and the speed difference shoves it ahead by quite a bit.

I was referring more to the hardware side. And that can be an issue for gaming. And while I have no experience with the photoediting bit, plenty of people do swear by it, including people whose opinion I pay attention to.

• Like 1

I was referring more to the hardware side. And that can be an issue for gaming. And while I have no experience with the photoediting bit, plenty of people do swear by it, including people whose opinion I pay attention to.

Ah, games aren't my thing. Last time I played anything other than chess was in first year of undergrad when the PS2 came out...

Edited by Kavvz

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Death is very likely the best invention of life. Remembering that I will be dead soon is the most important tool I have ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

“don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. Stay hungry, stay foolish.”

Steve Jobs,

Stanford commencement speech in 2005

i suppose it depends on what you do with it and what kind of a person you are.

for the creative types...macs are the most attaractive. not only aesthetically but also in functionality.

Yeah, they do look smashing. But some software and plugins we use aren't supported by Macs which is why I've never worked on them.

Come to think of it the first computer I ever used was a Mac, when I was about 5. :D Had them at our schools and I distinctly remember playing this game called Sabotage a lot... lol.

So you can't upgrade them like PCs? VGAs, soundcards, etc?

Ah, games aren't my thing. Last time I played anything other than chess was in first year of undergrad when the PS2 came out...

for games...imho....nothing beats a console.

gotta a 360 and a ps2 to satisfy my gaming needs. only hitch is my consoles are not hacked so gotta run originals

for those ultra rare down times in life with only access to my comp....angry birds keep me entertained :)

Yeah, they do look smashing. But some software and plugins we use aren't supported by Macs which is why I've never worked on them.

Come to think of it the first computer I ever used was a Mac, when I was about 5. :D Had them at our schools and I distinctly remember playing this game called Sabotage a lot... lol.

So you can't upgrade them like PCs? VGAs, soundcards, etc?

compared to pc's they dont have the same amount of softwares.

I run Modo, C4D and Zbrush on my notebook with some plugs. No problems so far.

Dont do heavy animation stuff, basic modelling to image renders so that's good enuf for me :)

also you actually can upgrade. at least the desktops like G5's are quite flexible that way. End of the day they run intel processors now and graphic. sound cards are similar to pc stuff. The biggest advantage i see is the OS. I've seen some chaps running windows on macs fulltime and that's gotta be one of the stupidest things you can do :) pay extra for a mac and take away it's bite :)

Edited by Ripper

ha ha ha.... since now you said it..i'll send a few hundred more on your way :P

btw. Mr. President has also sent his condolences :) how cool is that yeah... i wonder what he has...ipad? macbook? iphone perhaps or maybe all of them :D

Many govt officials use official iPads (there was a photo in the FT too some time back).