• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Bmw E36 318I/ 320I/ 325I

bavarian

Question

Hi All,

I am looking for a BMW E36 318i/ 320i or a 325i manufactured after 1994 and in mint condition. My budget is 16K and does any of you have or know a bimmer that is for sale that fall in to this category.If so just reply to this thread or PM me as i am badly in search of an E36 ?

for 1.6 you are looking at a 318i. Try the Sunday times hit-ad and the AL classifieds

thanx for the info VWvortex.I have been looking for 318i's for few months but didn't manage to get anything after 1994.Also i noticed that 325i is very hard to find as i have only seen one car(at least for sale) and that is also in autolanka. Is it a rare model to find as what most of the web reviews state that if going for an E36 their is no point in going less than 2000cc. is it true?

Edited by bavarian

318i is a 4 cylinder where as 320i and 325i are 6 cylinder units. They were the best of engines at that time and had very good reviews.

320i would be the best without much compromise on fuel bills, if can find 325i would be a real treat. However only very few were imported to SL.

Hi All,

I am looking for a BMW E36 318i/ 320i or a 325i manufactured after 1994 and in mint condition. My budget is 16K and does any of you have or know a bimmer that is for sale that fall in to this category.If so just reply to this thread or PM me as i am badly in search of an E36 ?

Had a mint 318i some time back and the guy who bought from me died recently. The car is collecting cob webs now in Seeduwa. Was in the best of shapes during my time and I guess it wouldn't have gone so wrong even by now. You can see it here in one of my posts and the buyers area. Its a Boston Green (1992)

post-2753-043960500 1317888356_thumb.jpg

Edited by pathola 1

Had a mint 318i some time back and the guy who bought from me died recently. The car is collecting cob webs now in Seeduwa. Was in the best of shapes during my time and I guess it wouldn't have gone so wrong even by now. You can see it here in one of my posts and the buyers area. Its a Boston Green (1992)

thanks pathola 1. Is there anyway i could get a contact to any immediate relation of the deceased owner ? like his son, etc. or even his home number?

318i is a 4 cylinder where as 320i and 325i are 6 cylinder units. They were the best of engines at that time and had very good reviews.

320i would be the best without much compromise on fuel bills, if can find 325i would be a real treat. However only very few were imported to SL.

thanx kush. yes i also noticed those reviews are more on 325i/ 323i and by any chance isn't their any 325i for sale as i do not care about how much she does on fuel i am looking for sheer driving performance + handling.

thanx kush. yes i also noticed those reviews are more on 325i/ 323i and by any chance isn't their any 325i for sale as i do not care about how much she does on fuel i am looking for sheer driving performance + handling.

There are only a very limited number of 325is in the country (perhaps about 5) and maybe about 2 328is. So if you want a big six E36 you'll have to be patient. Join the BMW Club FB groub for starters. And try sending a PM to AL member rukster, he used to own a lovely 325i which he sold quite recently.

Finding a big six at 1.6 Million is a bit of a tough ask though.

thanx for the info VWvortex.I have been looking for 318i's for few months but didn't manage to get anything after 1994.Also i noticed that 325i is very hard to find as i have only seen one car(at least for sale) and that is also in autolanka. Is it a rare model to find as what most of the web reviews state that if going for an E36 their is no point in going less than 2000cc. is it true?

Did you check up on these cars?

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=53723

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48227

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=40580

There are only a very limited number of 325is in the country (perhaps about 5) and maybe about 2 328is. So if you want a big six E36 you'll have to be patient. Join the BMW Club FB groub for starters. And try sending a PM to AL member rukster, he used to own a lovely 325i which he sold quite recently.

Finding a big six at 1.6 Million is a bit of a tough ask though.

thanx Supra_Natural. I just PM rukster for a hook up.what will be the average price of a 325i ?

There are few cars which had 2.5 ltr engines implanted. So make sure you get a thorough check done before buying one

oh is it? is their anyway to find whether they came up with factory fitted engine or not? like a check list to go through?

supa the first two are 1800cc and 20k for a 318i is not going to happen. the third one is the one i am looking for but the licence number is the issue. if i could get a 300 number plate 325i or a 320i then it would be great as i am really finding it hard to find one(through news papers) :(

Edited by bavarian

supa the first two are 1800cc and 20k for a 318i is not going to happen. the third one is the one i am looking for but the licence number is the issue. if i could get a 300 number plate 325i or a 320i then it would be great as i am really finding it hard to find one(through news papers) :(

Why is the number plate that important? You need to understand that BMWs cannot be bought in the manner that the typical toyota buyer buys cars (i.e. newest number is best). CONDITION is priority.

Also, when looking for rare models like the 325/328, you'll be best advised to take what you can find. As far as im aware, there arent any 300- six cylinder engined E36s in SL.

Why is the number plate that important? You need to understand that BMWs cannot be bought in the manner that the typical toyota buyer buys cars (i.e. newest number is best). CONDITION is priority.

Also, when looking for rare models like the 325/328, you'll be best advised to take what you can find. As far as im aware, there arent any 300- six cylinder engined E36s in SL.

Supra, for me the number plate is not important but for a big six of 19- number in THAT condition spending 19K is useless.I agree with you that this is a rare model and i have seen only this bimmer and another (member VVTi) car and nothing else.The best part of this all is that 320i/ 325i is a really hard find in the market.

Supra, for me the number plate is not important but for a big six of 19- number in THAT condition spending 19K is useless.I agree with you that this is a rare model and i have seen only this bimmer and another (member VVTi) car and nothing else.The best part of this all is that 320i/ 325i is a really hard find in the market.

Firstly you're using the term "K" wrongly. K means a 1000, so u wont find a BMW for Rs.19000

Secondly, like Supra said, take what you get. And you make absolutely no sense when you say that the numberplate's not important but a 190 car for that price is not worth it. You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence.

• Like 1

You do realize that the 19- car was made in 1995 right ? And there is a 301- e36 also made in 1995, so guess which car came brand new to SL :rolleyes:

Edited by The Stig

You do realize that the 19- car was made in 1995 right ? And there is a 301- e36 also made in 1995, so guess which car came brand new to SL :rolleyes:

yes i agree. but my point is the CONDITION of the 19. the 301- is a 1993–1998 and 19- is a 1993–1995.so the 301 might have been imported in 1998. so i don't think their is a problem with brand new tag unless 301 is a UK where it might have been used their and bought which i don't know.

Firstly you're using the term "K" wrongly. K means a 1000, so u wont find a BMW for Rs.19000

Secondly, like Supra said, take what you get. And you make absolutely no sense when you say that the numberplate's not important but a 190 car for that price is not worth it. You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence.

thank you for the tip but i started this thread to find a good e36 not about how many zeros per K ;) anyway forget that.

what supra said by "take what you get" is by don't look for the number but for the CONDITION and i agree with him but the problem here is that the CONDITION of the car in mention is not satisfying comparing to the 318i i have seen lately.

my advice for you is this thread is a place to find a car(BMW) not a place that your thinking that should be. ;)

sorry pal if your the owner of the car mentioned and if your not why not move from that Grand Vitara to that bimmer?

So, do you want a candy for knowing how to look up a profile on a forum?

Once again, you're ignorant due to your inability to grasp information when give, and you're a cheapo cos you think your low sense of 'value' is what should govern the market.

So why dont you drop it and go look for your Rs.19,000 328i :rolleyes:

wow, ignorant AND a cheapo. Looks like the hybrid boys are migrating to Germany

Yeah thats what happens when toyota fan boys try to become classy by owning Euro's :rolleyes:

So, do you want a candy for knowing how to look up a profile on a forum?

Once again, you're ignorant due to your inability to grasp information when give, and you're a cheapo cos you think your low sense of 'value' is what should govern the market.

So why dont you drop it and go look for your Rs.19,000 328i :rolleyes:

looks like you got candy and that sums up it all KIDO and if your hurt why don't you have one coz kids always stop crying once they see some candy.

I second that !

errr... why am I being dragged in to this? I am confused. You say you have seen my car? Which one? the 323I, 19- or the 523i 300-?

I am confused more about your logic behind this number game. I can show you a 18- BMW 5 Series that will knock the socks off a K plate BMW... :)