• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Drag Night Official

Andrew_GTR

Hey, what I said was if the car you have has an option, an option that the guys who built the car installed on it for a purpose, you could surely use it. Its like you keep your best player out of the rugby world cup final assuming he will get injured, wheres the logic in that ?

Just cause its there doesn't mean its without issues

http://inventorspot.com/articles/nissan_drops_launch_control_and_warranty_issues_20549

http://jalopnik.com/5565919/this-is-nissans-gt+r-launch+control-warranty-settlement/gallery/1

http://jalopnik.com/5061221/gt+r-owner-busts-tranny-using-launch-control-nissan-claims-issue-not-covered-under-warranty

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/2010/2010-nissan-gt-r-loses-launch-control.html

And your example is wrong too, it should be more like "knowing that your best player has a fractured elbow and is vulnerable in the field you play it safe cause chances are that something might horribly go wrong which might be much worse"

BTW before you make anymore comments i suggest that you do a bit more research, that way we at least know that even though your argument is false you at least know what you are talking about :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hey, what I said was if the car you have has an option, an option that the guys who built the car installed on it for a purpose, you could surely use it. Its like you keep your best player out of the rugby world cup final assuming he will get injured, wheres the logic in that ?

Anyway the GT-R racing down green path was a beauty to watch and hats off to both the owners for puting them on the track.

Nissan might have put in the option, but they also put in a clause saying the warranty is void if you use that option.

Anyway, for me, the GTR is a track machine, not a drag racer. I'd rather watch it attack the corners than try straight line.

Dude.... A forum is a place where you share your opinions and views, if someone were to fully research on a topic before posting why post in the first place ?

Pericles : Thanks for sharing that Nissan will actually void the warranty if you use an option that was built in to the car. Actually this is the first time I am hearing of such a thing for any product.

Dude.... A forum is a place where you share your opinions and views, if someone were to fully research on a topic before posting why post in the first place ?

Well to start with if you didnt know you simply shouldn't have made any smart a## comments in the first place

Secondly this forum has much much more member who are reading posts than member who are commenting, and people who dont have much relevant knowledge in the automotive field usually take whats posted here as accurate information. And you are misguiding those people.

"opinions and views" fine no issue there, misguiding and wrong information is a total different story. Better think twice !

"Thanks for sharing that Nissan will actually void the warranty if you use an option that was built in to the car. Actually this is the first time I am hearing of such a thing for any product."

Thats not something impressive, thats something embarrassing. The first thing that would come to mind of even a brain dead twat is to google the words "Nissan GTR launch Control Issue" after they see a discussion about how it has caused problems in the past. Unfortunately your mouth leaped ahead of your brain :rolleyes:

Stig,

You seem to find some sort of kinky thrill by trying to piss people off.

Unfortunately for you I don't give sh.t weather you call me a "brain dead twat" or a "smart a## ". But I do feel sorry for your mother for having the unpleasant task of bringing such ----- in to this world.

Stig,

You seem to find some sort of kinky thrill by trying to piss people off.

Unfortunately for you I don't give sh.t weather you call me a "brain dead twat" or a "smart a## ". But I do feel sorry for your mother for having the unpleasant task of bringing such ----- in to this world.

"You seem to find some sort of kinky thrill by trying to piss people off." OH its my hobby

BTW i didnt call you a brain dead twat i said "even a brain dead twat", if you dont understand the difference you really should be called a "brain dead twat"

When someone pointed out that you were wrong and misguiding others take it like a man and not be a whiny little bitch.

A word of advice just drop it, we have seen plenty of your kind and your kind dont even last a week here with that kind of attitude.

my humble two cents:

frankly, we should be immensely proud that there is a sri lankan who can tune a 300- 94 mint (i may be wrong) EVO to trounce a top secret tuned nissan GTR on a quarter mile. that isn't talent, its genius. stuff of legend. to stand there and watch that happen was beyond words.

we can argue ad nauseum about launch control and perfect launches and handling and weight reduction and it not being a proper quarter mile etc etc. but at the end of the day, what happened, happened.

so please, autolankans, let's not bicker over this. be proud that we have people with the passion to import proper vehicles and drive them the way they were meant to be driven, and be even more proud that we have the talent to give cars that were "put together in a hermetically sealed factory with constant ambient temperature" a run for their money!

• Like 1

As far as locations for the next drags go, the new Japan Lanka Friendship Road looks like a very, very interesting option indeed. I'm sure CMSC would have no trouble checking it out, its within spitting distance of the Speedrome Kart track.

Thank god they finally made that road... but I felt the surface was a bit uneven, also there is not much safety compared to green path.

Thank god they finally made that road... but I felt the surface was a bit uneven, also there is not much safety compared to green path.

There was safety at greenpath? Trees on one side, steel rail on the other. But parking, crowd control, etc, should be easier here.

Sorry, what I ment was safety for the spectators mainly, I was actually inside the park behind the steel rail felt very safe.

You can watch from a distance if it scares you. Spectators being out of the way works in my benefit. Waay too many morons poked their heads into my shots.

The thing with this new road. Spectators can watch from the old road. Should be quite safe.

As far as locations for the next drags go, the new Japan Lanka Friendship Road looks like a very, very interesting option indeed. I'm sure CMSC would have no trouble checking it out, its within spitting distance of the Speedrome Kart track.

Not exactly straight but only a 5 mins drive for me :D

Safety at GP.. you are kidding rite? ;-)

MINIACE

Compared to the new friendship road green path is safer, and there was enough room for the spectators, but the problem was everyone was getting too close to the track . saw the cops had given up trying to get the crowd to move away from the track.

• 2 weeks later...

Ayyo missed ...Youtube links or repeat times please. :(

MINIACE

I managed to catch some glimpses cos the Brazil GP was on at the same time,that evo was fast!.....Saw Ripper and junior...and I thought I saw Peri,or it may have been a wulrus holding a camera...can't tell for sure. :P

Edited by MasterDon