• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Drag Night Official

Andrew_GTR

totally agree with supra... plus the distance wasn't sufficient for the gtr's to stretch its legs... plus what i heard was that both cars didnt use launch control as there have been many cases where the pre 2010/11 models have damaged the gear box by excessive use of launch control... according to nissan they have sorted this problem out in the 2012 version...

totally agree with supra... plus the distance wasn't sufficient for the gtr's to stretch its legs... plus what i heard was that both cars didnt use launch control as there have been many cases where the pre 2010/11 models have damaged the gear box by excessive use of launch control... according to nissan they have sorted this problem out in the 2012 version...

Problem with that is they only ran 350m but even if they ran 400m i dont think the outcome would have changed....

Hi all,

The problem was both GTR didnt use the launch control function as it can be detrimental to the gear box.

Yes the white evo was quick and i m not surprised it won due to the track being 360m and it being very quick . However not making any excuses both gtr had full interior, ac, and all the trimming and it did weight 1800Kg where as its very likely the evo weighed 1100Kg. However congrats to ashan and the rest of the guys who prepared the car as it was a job well done.

The GTR will be ready for battle at the next drag and we will take the learnings from this drag and come back stronger in Jan , thanks all for the support and it was a super event.

• Like 8

Hi all,

The problem was both GTR didnt use the launch control function as it can be detrimental to the gear box.

Yes the white evo was quick and i m not surprised it won due to the track being 360m and it being very quick . However not making any excuses both gtr had full interior, ac, and all the trimming and it did weight 1800Kg where as its very likely the evo weighed 1100Kg. However congrats to ashan and the rest of the guys who prepared the car as it was a job well done.

The GTR will be ready for battle at the next drag and we will take the learnings from this drag and come back stronger in Jan , thanks all for the support and it was a super event.

That's da spirit, Good Luck!!!

guys we all know that the GTR is a great car. in real life its more faster than a bugatti like the video Stig posted in another thread

but like Cyrax stated on his profile

"inch or a mile, a win is a win"

so Congratz to the Evo and Congratz to the GTR as well...

i can say one thing.. being a Heavy Evo fan, the GTR looks WAY better crossing the finish line :wub:

guys we all know that the GTR is a great car. in real life its more faster than a bugatti like the video Stig posted in another thread

Well that's one isolated incident/race. If you use the same logic that evo3 from the drags is faster than a GTR and a GTR is faster than a veyron, so the Evo3 is faster than the veyron right?

And we know that the evo was a stripped & modified in the drag race. And you dont know if the GTR on the video was stock or modified.. right? You should be thinking more of the norm than the exception.

• Like 1

That GTR in the vid wasn't stock. It's putting down something like 800 - 900 bhp. And it doesn't seem like the Veyron driver was going all out anyway. Besides, on the second run the Veyron overtakes it.

Edited by Big_D

Mate..confused..you signature is full of Scoobys ne?

MINIACE

true, thats becoue since i was small when ever i tuned on to "Planet speed" and a rally race is on. i always cheered for the subaru, so on rally basis. my fav is still subaru...

but i myself, my dad and even my grand-dad have been Lancer users for decades. so i love all Lancers as well :)

Well that's one isolated incident/race. If you use the same logic that evo3 from the drags is faster than a GTR and a GTR is faster than a veyron, so the Evo3 is faster than the veyron right?

And we know that the evo was a stripped & modified in the drag race. And you dont know if the GTR on the video was stock or modified.. right? You should be thinking more of the norm than the exception.

good point.. but still, what i meant when i said in real life. if you keep a Stock Evo and a Stock GTR both with launch control, the GTR always will have the upper hand. :)

Edited by Schiffer

"inch or a mile, a win is a win"

so Congratz to the Evo and Congratz to the GTR as well...

i can say one thing.. being a Heavy Evo fan, the GTR looks WAY better crossing the finish line :wub:

Jeeze this post is all over the place...next time filter your thoughts through the brain before you post them please.

• Like 1

In my opinion i dont think its fair comparing any car thats overseas with the cars in SL be it GTR or Evo or any other.

Other than the fact that people who import performance cars have to pay 4 times for the same car, modifying them to put out more power than the stock car is pretty much 10 times harder here given the lack of resources and the sky high prices in parts.

For me the GTR that beat the Veyron is nothing compared to the Evo that killed the GTR, no offence Darin :)

Remember its not about what you can get, its about what you make of what you got :alc:

• Like 4

Cheers to the last few words that "The stig" jotted down.

The GTR is a beauty a very fast car ,If we are comparing the weight ratio its pretty unfair ,but then again the GTR is a 3.8 litre v6 machine compared to a 2 litre maybe a bit more after extreme tuning and so on .We should be proud to have such talented and astonishing Tuners who could make a evo fly or pass by a 600 hp monster.

Whichever way we analyse this something is not right or fitting in to place.

I do take Darin's point that the excessive using of launch control is not good for the car, but surely this is just one event or THE event when this could have been used.

Cheers to the last few words that "The stig" jotted down.

The GTR is a beauty a very fast car ,If we are comparing the weight ratio its pretty unfair ,but then again the GTR is a 3.8 litre v6 machine compared to a 2 litre maybe a bit more after extreme tuning and so on .We should be proud to have such talented and astonishing Tuners who could make a evo fly or pass by a 600 hp monster.

Just read the sports section yesterday in the papers and there was an article on the drag races. But it was just one sided and all they talked about was the EZ racing and it was made to sound as if the entire drag race was won by them. There was one big picture of the Honda and thats it. No mention of a GTR or any of the other super cars....

I felt this was just pathetic, as these Ez guys were just trying to get the maximum millage out of this event and quite surprising the papers too being just one sided.

• Like 1

Just read the sports section yesterday in the papers and there was an article on the drag races. But it was just one sided and all they talked about was the EZ racing and it was made to sound as if the entire drag race was won by them. There was one big picture of the Honda and thats it. No mention of a GTR or any of the other super cars....

I felt this was just pathetic, as these Ez guys were just trying to get the maximum millage out of this event and quite surprising the papers too being just one sided.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/11/09/spo20.asp

Hmmmm. Quite. Reads like a press release. Which is probably what it is. The standards of reporting in this country are bloody terrible.

Whichever way we analyse this something is not right or fitting in to place.

I do take Darin's point that the excessive using of launch control is not good for the car, but surely this is just one event or THE event when this could have been used.

Darin should bust his transmission so that he can please you ?

Sure that's exactly why he got the car, to drive it the way you want him to :rolleyes:

Hey, what I said was if the car you have has an option, an option that the guys who built the car installed on it for a purpose, you could surely use it. Its like you keep your best player out of the rugby world cup final assuming he will get injured, wheres the logic in that ?

Anyway the GT-R racing down green path was a beauty to watch and hats off to both the owners for puting them on the track.

Darin should bust his transmission so that he can please you ?

Sure that's exactly why he got the car, to drive it the way you want him to :rolleyes: