• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Drag Night Official

Andrew_GTR

Oh.. then only two cars will running each other in less than 10sec on upcoming event.

Hey; I have seen few powerful cars in facebook group page. Do them capable to run in less than 10sec those who extremely modified their cars in SL

Oh.. then only two cars will running each other in less than 10sec on upcoming event.

Hey; I have seen few powerful cars in facebook group page. Do them capable to run in less than 10sec those who extremely modified their cars in SL

You'll find out on the day, won't you?

Stis and Evos will do a 12 to 13. R35s will finish under 10 I guess. MINIACE

The R35 run's a 11.8 on a stock setup with its Launch control activated.. The STi's and Evo's, depending on the extent of engine work, should run anywhere from high 14's to low 12's. It will be interesting for sure to watch the 4WD Open Class.

Thanks Miniace.

Can we expect any 10sec cars in this event?

No.

Like preveen said.... we shall see on the day! : )

‎***** IMPORTANT!! ***** For those of you that want to take part, the Closing Date for Entries (With FULL payment and Passport Pictures) is THIS Thursday (3rd Nov) at 4pm!!! The Driver's briefing will be held on Friday and if you haven't submitted a COMPLETED Entry form with supporting documents, you will not be allowed to attend. This would mean that you WILL NOT be allowed to take part at the Event...... So please hurry up and submit your entry forms as soon as possible to B.R.J.W Enterprises, No.33 Dutugemunu Street, Pamankada, Dehiwala. Tel Number : 0112 811 447, 0112 821 629

The R35 run's a 11.8 on a stock setup with its Launch control activated.. The STi's and Evo's, depending on the extent of engine work, should run anywhere from high 14's to low 12's.

Oh yes Both R35s are running stock plus one driver is unhappy about his front tyres ;-) .

MINIACE

Is Darin's GTR stock? Thought it had the HKS kit on it?

No it cant be stock, according to motor mag it produces 620Bhp.

Lets ask darin himself, its not stock right ? :unsure:

Heard on a radio channel some competitors from overseas will be in attendance. Apparently with their porches and a lambo ...

Can anyone confirm this. Fact or fiction?

Probably for the December road races. That was discussed before.

are there any big guns coming for the night... (Lambo's, ferari's etc)

Dude, seriously? Did you not see the classes? Do you not know what the cars are in this country?

Why do you think some Ferrari or Lambo owner would take the chance of being humiliated by a car that costs a fraction of what they spent?

BTW, in case you guys didn't see it, there was a notice saying the time has been shifted to 10am to 4pm due to prevailing weather conditions.

*** DRIVERS BRIEFING *** - The Drivers briefing for the Drags will be on Friday ( 4th Nov ) at 6pm Sharp. Venue is the National Institute of Sports Science, 100/7, Independence Avenue, Colombo 07. Attendance is MANDATORY. If you miss the briefing and do not attend, you will NOT be allowed to compete on Saturday. Please note that the briefing is ONLY for competitors who have completed and PAID in full for their Entry Forms. No one else will be entertained in the vicinity. It is still not too late to enter for the Event. Guys, last chance to place your entry for the Drag. We are going to close the entries at 4pm TODAY, Nov 3rd. Get ur entries in to BRJW Enterprises No.33, Dutugemunu Mw, Pamankada, Dehiwala immediately. Tel Number : 0112 811 447, 0112 821 629**** Due to Adverse Weather Conditions, the Time of the Colombo Drags has been changed to 10am - 4pm on Saturday the 5th ****

Andrew

Any idea on the setup for spectators, snappers and the like? Tickets? passes?

I'm assuming the place will be jam packed and it will be mighty tough to control the crowds...

Last time redbull brought down those stunt riders, it was a bloody nightmare to even use approach roads let alone entering the grounds...

having the drags in daytime is a great chance for snappers :D If one can find a decent perch that is :)

Andrew

Any idea on the setup for spectators, snappers and the like? Tickets? passes?

I'm assuming the place will be jam packed and it will be mighty tough to control the crowds...

Last time redbull brought down those stunt riders, it was a bloody nightmare to even use approach roads let alone entering the grounds...

having the drags in daytime is a great chance for snappers :D If one can find a decent perch that is :)

Yes decent perch for the snappers please!! :sport-smiley-004:

Yes decent perch for the snappers please!! :sport-smiley-004:

i doubt it machang...almost everyone i know who has any interest in cars are planning on coming for this event... so chances are....it will be super jam packed