• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Drag Night Official

Andrew_GTR

i doubt it machang...almost everyone i know who has any interest in cars are planning on coming for this event... so chances are....it will be super jam packed

Ya true machan, guess we'll have to make it early then.

Can someone please give a responsible answer whether this event will be there tomorrow or not?

We r in a mess now after hearing different stories from different ppl, but we still believe that it will happen at 10a.m as planned.

Andrew would be the best to give a trustable answer in this regard. Please confirm without much delay…

Can someone please give a responsible answer whether this event will be there tomorrow or not?

We r in a mess now after hearing different stories from different ppl, but we still believe that it will happen at 10a.m as planned.

Andrew would be the best to give a trustable answer in this regard. Please confirm without much delay…

Guys, the Drags will go on as scheduled... There is NO postponement to the event and it will be carried out from 10am onward tomorrow... The Drivers briefing will be today at 6pm and ALL competitors and cars are required to report to the venue by 8am on Saturday morning... Please don't listen to unwarranted sources who have NO connection to the Drags or its organisers... Too much effort has gone into this event and we don't need rumours to circulate from 3rd party sources! Thanks! and see you there tomorrow!!

• Like 5

twas the night before drags, and all were in rags, they came to the track and and were too tired to drag... lol (sorry bit lame) but hats off to the guys for the way they've been preparing for this event, here's hoping for a nice peaceful dry competition tomorrow :D

If anyone had doubts as to whether the drag races are on .....

http://groundviews.o...-at-green-path/

I guess the question is will they happen again .....

Author Darini Rajasingham Senanayake is politically motivated 'sick' social anthropologist, sadly this time she found drags to attack Rajapakse regime.

Enjoy the following link, how she got smashed in a reply to another article.

http://lefroy.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/darini-rajasingham-senanayake-im-the-king-of-lanka-and-i-like-a-tight-vagina/

MINIACE

I think I have about 15 GB. :) should be able to satisfy you. Damn tired. But some super racing! Congrats to the winners! That was some pretty tight racing. Vshiznet had the better of the Mugen rr at the launch, but he apparently lost.

I am not gonna talk times until some official says it, but there were some seriously quick cars today. Visually impressive display. Mad props to the owners.

• Like 1

was there at the drags from 9.45 am with my junior. couldn't carry the camera cos i was with my two and a half year old son.

great to see some great cars running there and shockingly the legendary GTR getting its arse kicked.

I left after the white and darin's gtr ran their first races. White GTR lost pretty badly to what looked like an evo 3.

to the organizers if you're reading this...

this is purely constructive criticism

Crowd handling wasn't done properly and people were getting chased by the cops from one spot to the other. Our troupe was asked to leave from where were close to summer garden even when were behind the steel railing. We had to cross the road and move into the park and stay in the hot sun with our kids.

Briefly after we were asked to leave from our earlier spot which had access to food and drinks stalls including beer from summer garden, people who came later to the same spot were allowed to stay by our super intelligent coppers.

The PA system that was announcing events cant be heard for the entirety of the track. If you're close to the start line you're fine but even towards the middle, you can't here anything

Races did not start on time and the time between individual events was far too long. Basically lots of time wasted without seeing any action on the track

I'm purely marking these observations when comparing to other racing events that happen around the country. I'm sure since this is the first time this sorta event was held...there will always be issues to be ironed out :) So hopefully, next year...things will be a lot better.

Great job by all those behind this effort to finally bring drag racing to a more safe arena. :)

• Like 3