• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2 Din Dvd Unit

Kolitha de Silva

Question

15 answers to this question

go to place like Pet#o and see what's on offer. that way you're looking at stuff that are available in sl with actual prices also

trying to collect some model numbers.. i already did some field trips. But most of the places they just promote the most expensive unit. I want to collect some real experience from the forum.

last week i fixed a reverse cam 2 my honda airwave,e job done by private audio guy.he told me that there z a double din setup with honda logo and he can gv it for 34k with reverse cam..brand name z vision(cnt rem exactly)..not a chinese one..

I've got this Vision double din setup in my civic. I dont recommend it! it has bluetooth and all that. it also has the honda logo in the start up. not satisfied with the sounds though!!

bro you just dug up a post from the past! well if you're looking for a better option my pioneer setup is the dog's bollocks! awesome stuff. i think pioneer has some android interface setups as well. like watchman said way back when, yes this was discussed to death

bro you just dug up a post from the past! well if you're looking for a better option my pioneer setup is the dog's bollocks! awesome stuff. i think pioneer has some android interface setups as well. like watchman said way back when, yes this was discussed to death

yeah what happened was I came across this while searching the thread for car audio because I need to change the vision head unit I already have. Just saw somebody speaking about the exact thing so thought i should add my two cents because it might help some body else in the future! :) My plan is also to go for a pioneer double din with bluetooth. Bara quoted around 50k

I recently fitted this to my Civic http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029022

It has all the gizmos and good sound quality. Nothing to complain of. There is a newer model available now I think. AV71BT.

However as Komi said, check if you can get your hands on a set running Android. If you can get apps to run on the setup, it'll serve a number of purposes other than a multimedia player (i.e. You will be able to run Google Maps on it.).

Gilbert does clarion too. Said to be a good brand

Any reason to go for DVD?

Video-You/Passengers would barely watch

Map-Not really useful in Sri Lanka (just roll down window and ask)

For resale value-You will not get

For appearance-Yes it will do

Reverse cam-Useful but at first point one should be able to reverse using thee mirrors

Better go for good quality audio with USB/I pod/BT/Fm and fix some amp/Sub/Eq

Edited by nano31

Gilbert does clarion too. Said to be a good brand

Any reason to go for DVD?

Video-You/Passengers would barely watch

Map-Not really useful in Sri Lanka (just roll down window and ask)

For resale value-You will not get

For appearance-Yes it will do

Better go for good quality audio with USB/I pod/BT/Fm and fix some amp/Sub/Eq

I agree with video/TV - it's pretty useless - you cannot watch this while driving and I havent had a passenger yet who watched a movie on the car unit.

Maps though is a different story. Personally I use Gmaps on my phone all the time and i think it'd be useful to have in the car dvd unit.

• Like 1

The only 2 usefull features I see for a screen is to be used for the reverse camera and a working GPS. I see many people buying 2 din only to listen to the radio, what a waste of money!