• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration When Switch On The Ac

janappriya

Question

Hi Experts,

I recently notice when I switch on the AC car starts to get Vibrate. When it in the "N" position (Auto transmission) car remain smoothly and the RPM remains around 900. When I put the transmission to "D" position the RPM drops to around 600 and cars starts to vibrate.

Will this can be a engine tune up issue or a engine mount issue or any other issue?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Sampath

23 answers to this question

Hi Experts,

I recently notice when I switch on the AC car starts to get Vibrate. When it in the "N" position (Auto transmission) car remain smoothly and the RPM remains around 900. When I put the transmission to "D" position the RPM drops to around 600 and cars starts to vibrate.

Will this can be a engine tune up issue or a engine mount issue or any other issue?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Sampath

Do a proper Tune-up.

Good mechanic will tune for both with AC, without AC conditions. Also check whether RPM goes up when AC on in "D" which should be.

Do a proper Tune-up.

Good mechanic will tune for both with AC, without AC conditions. Also check whether RPM goes up when AC on in "D" which should be.

Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts. I did a tune up and checked for the engine mounts and clean the idle air flow controller. After the tune up it seems okay. Bu as mention in above RPM goes up goes up significantly when the AC is on in D position. Rpm goes up in very little when I put the A/C on the D position. Is this a problem?

this Nissan Wingrd (99). QG15 DE Engine.

Thanks guys,

Cheers,

Sampath

Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts. I did a tune up and checked for the engine mounts and clean the idle air flow controller. After the tune up it seems okay. Bu as mention in above RPM goes up goes up significantly when the AC is on in D position. Rpm goes up in very little when I put the A/C on the D position. Is this a problem?

this Nissan Wingrd (99). QG15 DE Engine.

Thanks guys,

Cheers,

Sampath

Seems normal to me........ U better got IACV cleaned too....

hi Janapriya,

I'm having a similler issue with my car. still could not resolved. Could you please tell me the garage you went for the tune up/repaired. how much you were cost ?

Hi,

it a place @ cotta road (Rajigiriya). It cost me 2300. It not a big garage. It is just one man show. Guy seems to have good knowledge. If you wanna go there I can give you the directions

Cheers,

sampath

Hi,

it a place @ cotta road (Rajigiriya). It cost me 2300. It not a big garage. It is just one man show. Guy seems to have good knowledge. If you wanna go there I can give you the directions

Cheers,

sampath

Seems he's well known "EFI Dhammika". :rolleyes:

Guys,

I noticed a considerable vibration when AC compressor switches on/off. This is only noticeable when the car is in Idle (traffic congestions). To my feeling, this stared after the replacement of oil-seal between the auto tranny and the engine. For this the garage guys had to take apart the auto tranny. I am wondering whether they have done something wrong when reattaching the tranny!!!

Thanks in advance for Expert ideas on this???

Edited by udayap

Guys,

I noticed a considerable vibration when AC compressor switches on/off. This is only noticeable when the car is in Idle (traffic congestions). To my feeling, this stared after the replacement of oil-seal between the auto tranny and the engine. For this the garage guys had to take apart the auto tranny. I am wondering whether they have done something wrong when reattaching the tranny!!!

Thanks in advance for Expert ideas on this???

not really familiar with autoboxes but since your problem is only present when the motor is idling, chances are your AC idle up circuit is not working properly.

Do you notice the RPM increasing when the AC kicks in?

not really familiar with autoboxes but since your problem is only present when the motor is idling, chances are your AC idle up circuit is not working properly.

Do you notice the RPM increasing when the AC kicks in?

Thanks, RPM is stable...

Edited by udayap

guys,

I rechecked the RPM when the AC is kicked in, it just almost like unchanged. To veryfy whether this is the reason for the vibration when the ac kicks in (gear at D position), i just tried to give a mild accelation when the vehicle in idle(breaks applied, gear position D), then this vibration disapeared. so, now its certainthat the reason for the vibration is low rpm when ac kicks in.

I am in Kandy, is there a good guarage to show this problem. (vehicle-toyota)

guys,

I rechecked the RPM when the AC is kicked in, it just almost like unchanged. To veryfy whether this is the reason for the vibration when the ac kicks in (gear at D position), i just tried to give a mild accelation when the vehicle in idle(breaks applied, gear position D), then this vibration disapeared. so, now its certainthat the reason for the vibration is low rpm when ac kicks in.

I am in Kandy, is there a good guarage to show this problem. (vehicle-toyota)

Hi Udaya, I have a somewht similar problem in my car - toyota premio 260. Earlier engine stopped suddenly when it was in idle state with AC on. this had happned three times upto now.. each time i felt a vibration.. in addition i think a lil unnecessary vibration exists. Also my rpm is not going above 1000 when i turn on ac when engine in idle state. ( i am used to turn ac on few minutes after i turn on engine). Did u come up with a solution?? All these happened after i gave TL to my 45k milage service where they had done a tune up.. i wonder whether they massed this up..

Hi Udaya, I have a somewht similar problem in my car - toyota premio 260. Earlier engine stopped suddenly when it was in idle state with AC on. this had happned three times upto now.. each time i felt a vibration.. in addition i think a lil unnecessary vibration exists. Also my rpm is not going above 1000 when i turn on ac when engine in idle state. ( i am used to turn ac on few minutes after i turn on engine). Did u come up with a solution?? All these happened after i gave TL to my 45k milage service where they had done a tune up.. i wonder whether they massed this up..

if it happened straight after you took it out of TL then they probably messed up your idle controller valve . maybe whoever did the tuneup didnt plug in the idle controller properly ? . And the idle controller isnt there to simply increase the rpm above 1000 when you switch on the ac . its there to keep the idle rpm without changing much . so if switching on the ac skyrockets your idle rpm . then theres probably someting wrong with your car

Edited by Dushyantha

Hi wasa,

Wht happnd to ur car? Same issue is in mine as well. Did u visit dhammika? Is he okay on doing such repairs?

hi Janapriya,

I'm having a similler issue with my car. still could not resolved. Could you please tell me the garage you went for the tune up/repaired. how much you were cost ?

Hi All, 

I have the same issue vios 2007(not belta vios). When car is in D with brakes applied lets say in traffic, car vibration is too much. When the compressor switches on there comes a big sudden vibration and it suddenly gets low after the compressor starts. But more vibration is there than without ac. 

I just checked my mounts myself and no break points can be seen. Odo is just 107000km. 

Im going to try a tune up.