• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift Beetle Japanese!

TaSh

Question

20 answers to this question

1) & 2)

M13A 1.3 L (1,328 cc); bore is 78.0 mm and stroke is 69.5 mm. 68 kW (91.2 hp) @5,800 rpm, 116 N·m (86 lb·ft) @4,200 rpm

M15A 1.5 L (1,490 cc); bore is 78.0 mm and stroke is 78.0 mm. 74.5 kW (99.9 hp) at 5,900 rpm and 133 N·m (98 lb·ft) at 4,100 rpm.

3) Since you are considering a 2004 it will anyway be a second hand with the initial depriciation taken care of, finding a manual will be like looking for a needle in hay stack as most of the Japs came with Auto, selling a auto will be equally difficult.

Howver manual will be a treat to drive and most problably better of fuel.

• Like 1

1) & 2)

M13A 1.3 L (1,328 cc); bore is 78.0 mm and stroke is 69.5 mm. 68 kW (91.2 hp) @5,800 rpm, 116 N·m (86 lb·ft) @4,200 rpm

M15A 1.5 L (1,490 cc); bore is 78.0 mm and stroke is 78.0 mm. 74.5 kW (99.9 hp) at 5,900 rpm and 133 N·m (98 lb·ft) at 4,100 rpm.

3) Since you are considering a 2004 it will anyway be a second hand with the initial depriciation taken care of, finding a manual will be like looking for a needle in hay stack as most of the Japs came with Auto, selling a auto will be equally difficult.

Howver manual will be a treat to drive and most problably better of fuel.

thanku u mate! :) want to know about the current market price of both versions too.:) wt z da manufacturing counry of swift beetle?? india or japan or both???:o

Check the ads here, sunday papers you should be able to get a good idea.

Cars available here are made in Japan / India

All Indians are manual and has a diffrent engine

wt abt da fuel consuption of both indian and japanese 1300cc and 1500cc swifts?? :)

These cars are not economical as the size suggest both will do around 9-10 Colombo, 12-15 Outstation. Info from family and friends who has them.

My personal car is a 2007 Swift 1240 CC CVT does around the same.

But I hev been told that the Indian versions are better, may be due to the manual gear shift.

• Like 1

The brand new swift comes only from India, while the recon ones are from Jap mainly.(correct me if I'm wrong )

The prices of the Jap is higher than of the Indian.The Jap version is a great treat, especially the Sports Version.Our Swift which is a Jap does around 10-11 kmp/l, dont know about the outstation figures because it never had been outta colombo.

A great car to own, however the suspension is a bit stiff, but you'll learn to live with it, not much of an issue. All the best

• Like 1

well i own a 2008 swift sports which comes with a 1.6L (Manual) , fuel figures aint tat bad , does 9-10 inside colombo with a care drive , but if i peddle it to the floor gives me abt 6-8 , driven cmb to negombo on a sunday early mornin with a slight hint of heavy foot, stil it managed to do 13kmpl , wud hv done more if it was carefully driven.

Well it's not XZI, its ZXI

Afaik the engines of the two are the same, the main difference is the extras you get and the tyre sizes

The ZXI comes with a wider tyre (185/70 R14) which gives u better grip, the extras would be climate control ,airbag,ABS,a rear wiper and defogger,body colored door handles and mirror covers, a lamp in the boot and there a few more minor stuff

Where as in the vxi model u get only power windows and central door locking and a bit thinner tyre size(195/70 R14 )

So basically the ZXI is the better option.Dont know the difference in the fuel figures but the VXI should do better as the ZXI is a bit heavier.

The fuel figures I've given is for a manual ZXI. Hope this helps :)

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 1

Well it's not XZI, its ZXI

Afaik the engines of the two are the same, the main difference is the extras you get and the tyre sizes

The ZXI comes with a wider tyre (185/70 R14) which gives u better grip, the extras would be climate control ,airbag,ABS,a rear wiper and defogger,body colored door handles and mirror covers, a lamp in the boot and there a few more minor stuff

Where as in the vxi model u get only power windows and central door locking and a bit thinner tyre size(195/70 R14 )

So basically the ZXI is the better option.Dont know the difference in the fuel figures but the VXI should do better as the ZXI is a bit heavier.

The fuel figures I've given is for a manual ZXI. Hope this helps :)

thank u mate!!! :)