• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Goods And Bads Of Nissan March Y11

BuddikaW

Question

11 answers to this question

My wife had one which she used for about 4 years. 2000 model 1.0 auto CVT.

Used to do around 10-11 in Colombo and 13-15 in long drives.

Only issue was the electric power steering which was replaced.

Now i think the car is little dated (over 10 years) so you might have rust, electrical issues.

Most of the cars would have covered over 100k and pesonally you might be better off with a newer car like a Viva/ Alto which might be only couple of 100k brand new against a 10 year old used car.

If you still want the March then check the steering, front suspension, CVT gear box (if equiped), rust (they start around the engine compartment near suspension assembly)

• Like 2

Im sorry to burst your bubble. but this is my personal expierence. the worst piece of shit I ever had was the K11. (2001 / 1.3 CVT)

01. Worst petrol consumption

02. No legspace whatsoever in the rear seat when you adjust the driver/passenger seats to a comfortable position.

03. The ride was so uncomfortable

04. the driving position is not good at all.

But the accelaration was good for a small car though...

Im sorry to burst your bubble. but this is my personal expierence. the worst piece of shit I ever had was the K11. (2001 / 1.3 CVT)

01. Worst petrol consumption

02. No legspace whatsoever in the rear seat when you adjust the driver/passenger seats to a comfortable position.

03. The ride was so uncomfortable

04. the driving position is not good at all.

But the accelaration was good for a small car though...

Tks Anyway buddy.

i needed to know the downsides too...

I also looking to have K11.

I observed many advertiesments on Auto Lanka e magazine.Most of them have done only 48k-68k or maximum 86k.Is it belevable? The everybody tell that genuine milage. but??

I descussed with one of car seller...He tald me he replaced his K11 car's ball joints recently.But that car has done only 68K.Is it beleveble?Usually a car can be done more than 100k with original Ball Joints.

On the other hands he talld me repared rack ends so that stop the noices.

Is this advertiser genuine?can any body guide me?

Hi seelakshman,

First and foremost never believe the mileage on the odometer unless the seller can produce validatable service history to back it up. Often cars are clocked ! So always ignore the condition of used cars and instead concentrate on the condition.

The K11 is a very good car and I should know cos I've owned one for about 3 years now using it very sparingly (I live in a built up city with good public transport). The version I have is the UK build Micra with manual transmission and 1.0 engine and this does not have the electronic power steering of the japanese built cars. In 3 years of ownership all I've done is service the car and change the break pads. I am 6 feet tall fit in fine at front, the car has taken up to 5 adults (though its a tight squeeze) and though it takes a bit of time to get there regularly cruises at 70mph motorway speeds. The seats however is not as comfortable and not the best for longer journeys.

Also the 1L engines are not as fuel efficient as the 1.3L as they need to be revved hard to get any power out of them.

But it's still miles ahead of Indian Alto built quality.

A few things to look out for. First check if the window mechanisms are working well as they sometimes develop problems. Then check the EPS, CVT and the interior trim especially the plastics to make sure its in good order. Also check to see if the car idles well as there is a known issue with the throttle body (which is a easy fix, basically the solder points go dry so just needs a bit of soldering) But all in all its a fantastic little car !

I am using a 2001 1340cc Manual Transmission K11 for about a year now. The car is pretty good for driving in city limits. A long distance drive with 4 adults would be a bit uncomfortable becuase of the lack of rear leg space.

I beleive it would be a better choice than a 5-6 year old indian car, considering safety, comfort, performance etc. Fuel economy wise it does about 10.5km/l in Colombo & around 12.5km/l outstation.

I tend to agree fully with all what Don said above. K11 is a pretty nifty car, I've taken it to places where I would not / could not go with my current, bigger car. It can be pretty handy in traffic and once I've taken it almost off road (there was no road!) in mud and rocks to Mahiyanganya - when they were doing up the 18-bend road. That was when even vans and other cars could not negotiate the same road with the same agility.

Absolutely no repairs over the 1 year I had it, though I serviced it pretty tightly and it was a reluctant parting when the time came as I could not maintain 2 cars at the same time.

I've had loads up to 400kg in the car at times :) but you could only hope to get 6-7 kmpl with such loads : but with only the two - it was breezy and could match any big boys within the traffic of Colombo.

Recommend it to anyone who can spare a little extra fuel for the 1000cc version and comfortable with regular top-speeds of 80kmph, that too with flooring the pedal liberally.

• Like 1

Had a K11 YOM 2000, 1 Lt Auto from 2003 to 2007

Plus's

Comes with all the bloody options

Doesn't look that bad

Easy to drive

Made 150K when i re-sold it !

minus's

Hard to catch a good date ;)

EPS makes it sound like as if the whole bloody thing is shaking

Really bad on fuel

Had a KnN air filter, some other greddy filter and platinum plugs so it pulled well in flad land

I own a K11 1 liter auto two door and a very happy owner.Thats my wife's ride and kids are safe caged behind in no door passenger compartment.Previously owned a 95 model too.No complaints, no major repairs so far does an average 12 Km/l in city and very quick (Re-mapped and tuned by Ajith-Roadstar). Looking forward to add a decent Bodykit and a more sporty alloy wheels.

MINIACE