• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Safari Snorkels

RAHU

Friends,

I'm having a 1998 Mitsubishi L200 4WD double cab.....I'm looking for a snorkel for my vehicle and got to know that Safari Snorkels are good in this subject.......Can anyone tell me from where I can find one to buy and the average price of a unit.......A used one in good condition will be also do the job.......It will be really help full if I can know a good place to get it fixed......Any comments on the brand and if there are any suggestions it will be appreciated.....

Thank you.....

finding a used one might be a bit tough cos they are model specific. you can try breaker shops in delkanda, kurunegala.

brand new ones can be bought from outdoorsman and 4x4motors/LR motors etc. All these places do the installation and i would recommend outdoorsman.

on a sidenote...you really dont need one unless you plan on doing deepwater crossings :)

I've done slow wading without one with water slightly over my headlights... colombo floods

finding a used one might be a bit tough cos they are model specific. you can try breaker shops in delkanda, kurunegala.

brand new ones can be bought from outdoorsman and 4x4motors/LR motors etc. All these places do the installation and i would recommend outdoorsman.

on a sidenote...you really dont need one unless you plan on doing deepwater crossings :)

I've done slow wading without one with water slightly over my headlights... colombo floods

Thank you very much for the information friend......Any idea about the price of a unit????

I actually don't do deep water crossings......But I often travel outstation and has to go through minor off roads......But I felt the need of a one as my cab is not the tall 4WD version of this family.....it is bit shorter but still has 4WD on that......

Thank you very much for the information friend......Any idea about the price of a unit????

I actually don't do deep water crossings......But I often travel outstation and has to go through minor off roads......But I felt the need of a one as my cab is not the tall 4WD version of this family.....it is bit shorter but still has 4WD on that......

i would guess it to be around 30k mark

whynot call up outdoorsman and check it out.

getting a snorkel means that you'd have to drill the front fender panel for the tube to go in, water tight the airbox or in most cases put p a new one, fixup the dip stick etc... So it's a fair bit of stuff to do.

If you only need cosmetic effect, just buy one from breaker shop and fix it over your fender and A pillar by glue ,pop rivet or any other method.Just like 3-wheeler guys do.. ;)

No offence brother......But where did you see a 3 wheeler with a snorkel???? And I said 4WD.....Not 3WD......

Edited by RAHU

i would guess it to be around 30k mark

whynot call up outdoorsman and check it out.

getting a snorkel means that you'd have to drill the front fender panel for the tube to go in, water tight the airbox or in most cases put p a new one, fixup the dip stick etc... So it's a fair bit of stuff to do.

Thank you very much for your corporation my friend......

No offence brother......But where did you see a 3 wheeler with a snorkel???? And I said 4WD.....Not 3WD......

You got it from the wrong end bro. I might not have seen a 3wheeler with a snorkel.But I have seen enough 3wheelers with shovels,jacked suspension,wide tires and "safari" type of tents.In both instances the intention is almost same. Thats why I told u so....

You got it from the wrong end bro. I might not have seen a 3wheeler with a snorkel.But I have seen enough 3wheelers with shovels,jacked suspension,wide tires and "safari" type of tents.In both instances the intention is almost same. Thats why I told u so....

I know bro....I was also just not serious....... :rolleyes: