• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Townace New 2008-2010 Model

Nissan cdj

It looks more like a "butta van" as it should be,

because toyota has the hiace for van buyers to compete with the caravan and delica(L400)

but dosen't have anything to go with the hijet ect..

so this is a good move but it should be at least close to the price of it's competitors

ahhh you do know that the townace/liteace have been around for over a decade now and

that daihatsu hijet is part of toyota's right?

• Like 1

@ SCHIFFER WHY NOT i am gonna buy n 17.no i found this van when i am referring autolanka to buy a car so i feel errr this van chick soo i just wanted to know others comments on this pan bage van.

i see. if your searching this van for tourist purposes. i suggest you PLEASE change the rear seats its uncomfortable as hell.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=58593 this is the van

what do you all think about this mini van ? when compared with toyota other vans cr 27 cr 42/42 or kr 41/42

Dude you got to understand the needs for your industry, dont buy something you like but something that will fit the job right. Even thought vans are considered as a luxury and a method of passenger transport here, they are mostly used as a method to transport cargo in countries like UK and Germany (more than 50% of tourist arrivals are from these countries, you might want to keep that in mind). For them traveling in a van is probably their last option in the same manner that you would not go to another country and travel in a container truck.

The only tourist that you would be taking in a van would be monkeys who are going from katunayaka airport to the zoo :rolleyes:

PM me if you want anymore info on tourism, its my field :)

• Like 1

what do you all think about this mini van ? when compared with toyota other vans cr 27 cr 42/42 or kr 41/42

It is actually Daihatsu GranMax sold as Toyota TownAce in Japan.

There were some 2 or 3 units imported (Grey market) brand new to SL in 2007-2008.

Saw one of them in Wellawatte a year ago.

This TownAce is slightly smaller than the CR/KR42, but much larger than a Hijet.

Unlike the previous generation, this model comes only with a VVT-i Petrol engine.

http://paultan.org/2007/11/08/2008-daihatsu-gran-max-minibus-and-pickup/

Edited by samishka
  • Like 1

this is somewhat off topic. why there are no successor to townace liteace series after those good old cr/kr 42, 52, specially diesel ones. i think those series (even cr 26/ 27 )were very reliable and excellent for the purpose they serve, also the fuel consumption is good and durable vehicles.

also they are very popular around the globe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Incase your intention is to use this for tourism I doubt they use these mini vehicles.And btw as Schiffer said the rear seats are really uncomfortable you'll have to change them if your buying this.

• Like 1

and now aroused another question coz of ma friend

Toyota Townace Noah Import How to import TOYOTA Townace Noah to SL ?

In the sense i mean noahs are too old and noahs are there from 1997 to 2002 as i know. so my friend is soo impressed to import a original Sr or Cr version noah therefore I need ur great advices to help ma friend. so please be kind on this matter and help me.

thnx in advance

Incase your intention is to use this for tourism I doubt they use these mini vehicles.And btw as Schiffer said the rear seats are really uncomfortable you'll have to change them if your buying this.

'CyRaX',

All vans are not for passenger transport they are manufactured to carry specified load if you want to transport passengers to get the comfort you have to remove rear helper springs and have spacers for that removed springs I have done this for last thirty years for Japanese delivery vans what I have used.I had no driving problems at high speeds road holding was good.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.