• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubish Montero Convert

AWESOME

I know diesel is cheaper :rolleyes:

Jeeez, fine ill do the math for you

Cost of importing = 3000£

Cost with taxes ( assumption of 30% tax)= 3900£

Cost in Rupees = 3900 x 175 = Rs 682500

Cost of installing = 75000

Total cost of the project = 757500 /=

Okay so lets assume the diesel does about 8Kmpl

And lets assume that you dont do any engine modification or repair to your current petrol engine, so ideally as you stated it would be around 3kmpl.

Cost for 1 km with the petrol engine = 125/3 = Rs 41

Cost for 1 km with the diesel engine = 76/8 = Rs 9.5

Difference in cost per 1 km = 41-9.5 = 31.5 rs

so lets see how many km you have to drive to equal the cost of keeping the petrol = 757500/31.5 = 24047.6 km

So you would have to drive 24047 km to equal the cost

An average person drives about 30 km a day

how many days to drive to equal the cost = 24047/30 = 801 days

Years to equal the cost = 801/365 = 2.19

So ideally you have to drive 2.19 years contentiously in your monetero before you save any money. And given the fact that you say you have other vehicles i highly doubt you will drive the monetero all the time, so ideally you will have to wait about 3-4 year for you to actually notice any save !

Complicated math for you ? in short simple English "its not worth it" !

BTW i got to ask, what kind of company lets their employees modify their company owned vehicles ? :huh:

Also if you live in England ( which you have mentioned) why would you even care about a vehicle in SL and its fuel economy ?

hw ever bro.. petrol cost too high.. thts why im gonna change it to diesel.. :( im live in england bt im going to come back sl.. company owned mean ???.i cant understand. i own so i can do wht ever i want.. :)

Edited by AWESOME

hw ever bro.. petrol cost too high.. thts why im gonna change it to diesel.. :( im live in england bt im going to come back sl.. company owned mean ???.i cant understand. i own so i can do wht ever i want.. :)

Hey AWESOME, if you don't like your Montero why don't you sell it and buy a diesel SUV?

Now that would be AWESOME :)

• Like 1

epic-face-palm-face-palm-demotivational-poster-1236742013.jpg

Jesus christ ! ! ! :rolleyes:

OMG man that's what im trying to tell you all along. Even though the cost you spend on fuel is lower in a diesel you will spend a considerable amount for buying the engine and fixing it, so for you to actually save anything it would take at least a minimum of 3 years. Before that three years you are not saving anything, so whcih means you have to use this vehicle for about 3 years for you to actually notice any save, and what are the chances that you will hang onto it for more than 3 years ? also even when you sell you will loose all the money you saved from your diesel conversion cause converted vehicles dont have a high resale value.

you clearly have your mind set on it, so just go do it without wasting people's time. They gave their opinions and you dont want it. You don't get brownie points for convincing THEM otherwise. Its your SUV. Now shooo...

• Like 2

I know diesel is cheaper :rolleyes:

Jeeez, fine ill do the math for you

Cost of importing = 3000£

Cost with taxes ( assumption of 30% tax)= 3900£

Cost in Rupees = 3900 x 175 = Rs 682500

Cost of installing = 75000

Total cost of the project = 757500 /=

Okay so lets assume the diesel does about 8Kmpl

And lets assume that you dont do any engine modification or repair to your current petrol engine, so ideally as you stated it would be around 3kmpl.

Cost for 1 km with the petrol engine = 125/3 = Rs 41

Cost for 1 km with the diesel engine = 76/8 = Rs 9.5

Difference in cost per 1 km = 41-9.5 = 31.5 rs

so lets see how many km you have to drive to equal the cost of keeping the petrol = 757500/31.5 = 24047.6 km

So you would have to drive 24047 km to equal the cost

An average person drives about 30 km a day

how many days to drive to equal the cost = 24047/30 = 801 days

Years to equal the cost = 801/365 = 2.19

So ideally you have to drive 2.19 years contentiously in your monetero before you save any money. And given the fact that you say you have other vehicles i highly doubt you will drive the monetero all the time, so ideally you will have to wait about 3-4 year for you to actually notice any save !

Complicated math for you ? in short simple English "its not worth it" !

BTW i got to ask, what kind of company lets their employees modify their company owned vehicles ? :huh:

Also if you live in England ( which you have mentioned) why would you even care about a vehicle in SL and its fuel economy ?

And after the 2.19 years he will have some serious repairs on his transplanted used engine,

not to mention the decrease in market value,

BTW even if the tax is 30% he will have to pay freight charges which for a complete conversion of a monty will be heavier than a maruti.

the original question was "what he needs to buy to convert".

this he himself answers later, quoting prices, and says he can bypass customs.

so what was the point of this whole thread again?

trolled, weren't we?

Totally agree, im regretting the fact that i put so much time into constructing answers for this guy <_<

Totally agree, im regretting the fact that i put so much time into constructing answers for this guy <_<

no mate. your answers were an insight to us all. you should probably publish that in other threads. i mean, we all know its not advisable to convert to diesel, but the math puts things in a whole new light. applause from me, anyways! :)

LOL...He is asking what he need to convert the SUV to Diesel..right? :D

Our forum members says that they are Engine,Gear box,ECU,Etc...

And the the Gentlemen who wanna converts his SUV, talking about a "complete conversion kit" so I guesses he already knew the answer for his question!!! :blink:

knowing that Diesel conversion (Not an original diesel) is not worth, he do not wanna change the idea and he do not accept any advises from the members as well and set his mind for it...so there ain't genuine reson for this thread?

I believe that a person who can GENUINELY afford these kind of SUVs would not think about the cost of fuel.

We do not wanna people who JUST WANNA show their Montero,Land crushers, ETC.... and we have seen enough of those there aint much to be shown here; and respect any person who need advises/help on their vehicle even it is Jumbo jet or Moped :D

Edited by nano31

LOL...He is asking what he need to convert the SUV to Diesel..right? :D

Our forum members says that they are Engine,Gear box,ECU,Etc...

And the the Gentlemen who wanna converts his SUV, talking about a "complete conversion kit" so I guesses he already knew the answer for his question!!! :blink:

knowing that Diesel conversion (Not an original diesel) is not worth he do not wanna change the idea so he do not accept any advises from the members as well and set his mind for it...so there ain't genuine reson for this thread?

I believe that a person who can GENUINELY afford these kind of SUVs would not think about the cost of fuel.

We do not wanna people who JUST WANNA show their Montero,Land crushers, ETC.... and we have seen enough of those and respect any person who need advises/help on their vehicle even it is Jumbo jet :D

or a 1970's corolla... hee hee :D

hey guyz whats the fuel consumption of a V6 Montero(2000-2003 model) outside city limits

and whats the market price of this model (2000-2003)?

finally does the V6 version also have to be pumped with 95octane?

hellooo...can someone help me?

• 8 years later...

Guys. Sorry to jump in a years old conversation.

I saw in this thread that wire harness ,silencer kit, cluster meter, diesel tank  has to be replaced. How to check if these are replaced or is it not possible to do the conversion without replacing those items. 

Can anyone tell what aspects needs to be checked especially when buying a diesel converted Montero?

also if there any other parts need replacing, i.e. Suspension, Diffs etc. 

Thanks!

On 6/27/2020 at 9:23 PM, Fresher101 said:

Guys. Sorry to jump in a years old conversation.

I saw in this thread that wire harness ,silencer kit, cluster meter, diesel tank  has to be replaced. How to check if these are replaced or is it not possible to do the conversion without replacing those items. 

Can anyone tell what aspects needs to be checked especially when buying a diesel converted Montero?

also if there any other parts need replacing, i.e. Suspension, Diffs etc. 

Thanks!

@Fresher101 don't forget to add the cost payable to the RMV to legally update/convert from petrol to diesel