• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One Is Better?primera Or H-Matic?

Jana1

No first hand experience but based on what I've read on the forum; these are two opposites.

What do u mean? Opposite mean? Both r luxury and with more or less same price range..Nissan march and H-matic can be opposite, but I couldnt understand what you exactly want to say?

Two very different cars is in fact true to a certain extent

Sure they have similarities like mediocre fuel figures but when it come to things like brand perception and resale value the Hyundai is not even close to the Primera.

Both car will rapidly decrease in price overtime since in Sri Lanka most of the resale value is based on how economical cars are.I do have firsthand experience with the primera, its a very comfortable spacious car and can even be compared to a German saloon. But its very high maintenance so be ready for that, and it isnt economical either (usually does about7-8Kmpl).The Hyundai is the same story, fuel figures are again around 7-8 kmpl mark. However given all the traits i would personally go for the Primera, also if you mention your requirements perhaps we could give you some other alternatives for your needs.

• Like 1

and my mom has a sonata, so i can fill you in on that end:

pros-

very very comfortable. the ride is divine. it cushions out the ruts and potholes like they weren't even there. its got hydro-pneumatic suspension.

acres of space/legroom

plush leather interior. the leather itself is perforated and very high quality. doesn't crack/crease with age.

gorgeous ass

err...

mmm....

that's it really

cons:

closer to 4-5kmpl city and 9kmpl outstation

steering response is poor. detached ride.

underpowered. car almost weighs 2 tonnes. 2000cc is woefully inadequate.

high maintenance. anything that can break, probably will.

no airbags. easy way of getting a hyundai tattoo in your forehead. just crash.

no memory presets on the climate control. you'll be reminded to switch from outside air to recycle mode everytime you smell the lovely smells of colombo

its butt-ugly up front. face not even a mother could love

if you're willing to sacrifice all of the above for the sake of comfort and to have a "big car" then this is the car for you. otherwise, id say primera.

• Like 2

Hell 1.6M for a sonata H- Matic is way too much.Market price itself is around 1.4M.My choice would also be the Primera.But if within your price range there are many others you could go for.

Honda Civic Es-1

Corolla CE 110

N16

AD Wagon

Lancer

FB15

Personally I would go for the ES-1. out of the whole list

Edited by CyRaX

Sure they have similarities like mediocre fuel figures but when it come to things like brand perception and resale value the Hyundai is not even close to the Primera.

Both car will rapidly decrease in price overtime since in Sri Lanka most of the resale value is based on how economical cars are.I do have firsthand experience with the primera, its a very comfortable spacious car and can even be compared to a German saloon. But its very high maintenance so be ready for that, and it isnt economical either (usually does about7-8Kmpl).The Hyundai is the same story, fuel figures are again around 7-8 kmpl mark. However given all the traits i would personally go for the Primera, also if you mention your requirements perhaps we could give you some other alternatives for your needs.

7-8 in colombo is what one of my best mates got. not at all bad for a 2ltr imo. for the price...it's a bloody decent drive. spacious, comfy and decent power too when you put the foot down.

funny enough...except for suspension repairs and a radiator fan failing, he didn't have any issues with the car.

Suppose it all depends on how well the car had been looked after by the previous guy and how well you're willing to maintain it yourself.

Between the two cars...i would choose the primera any day :) that's not even a decision i would have to waste time thinking about :D

Edited by Ripper

Please advice me.I have 2 options

1)Nissan Primera TP12 -2001,2.0L -2.1 mn

2) Hyundai sonata H-matic-2001,2.0L, 1.6 mn

Thanks

Primera Vs Sonata?

That's a bit like comparing Tom Hanks with Rajinikanth, IMO :)

BTW, isnt this Sonata also called the "gona" model or sumptin? A nickname most appropriate I must say.......

7-8 in colombo is what one of my best mates got. not at all bad for a 2ltr imo. for the price...it's a bloody decent drive. spacious, comfy and decent power too when you put the foot down.

funny enough...except for suspension repairs and a radiator fan failing, he didn't have any issues with the car.

Suppose it all depends on how well the car had been looked after by the previous guy and how well you're willing to maintain it yourself.

Between the two cars...i would choose the primera any day :) that's not even a decision i would have to waste time thinking about :D

Ahh lucky chap, our car was a company maintained one so you know how that goes. Plus electronics were very messy and the ac used to go nuts when we hit a pothole, other than that we didnt notice any huge problems just some minor cv joint replacements and a fuel pump issue.

Its a smooth ride though, it just irons bumps on the road B)

in the 6 years we've had ours, we have:

1. replaced power steering pump twice. once it just blew while i was on full opposite lock trying to get onto havelock road. there was power steering fluid everywhere. looked like a murder scene. now its failing for the third time.

2. serviced electrical circuits many times. everything from power shutters to the AC to the central locking. something kept going wrong somewhere.

3. replaced sensors on the tiptronic box twice. these burn out every once in a while and the car decides not to shift gears. for fun.

this of course, is apart from the regular running repairs (shocks, arm bushes etc)

mind you, this is a car that's done only 90k km's and has not been out of colombo more than 5 times.

Thanks for ur reply.

I am bit interested with good looking and space. If high maintenance cost and making trouble in road, I may not go for that. Please share ur views

Thanks for ur reply.

I am bit interested with good looking and space. If high maintenance cost and making trouble in road, I may not go for that. Please share ur views

maybe Stig can alaborate on maint costs... but generally tp12 engines are pretty darn solid. the biggest issue i've heard is suspension parts wearing out on our crappy roads. also the proper CVT fluid is a bit expensive. But then again it's no different from any other CVT box.

the single biggest thing you should worry about is getting a properly looked after car. ideally maintained at some decent joint with service records to counter check. Generally, people who look after their cars well tend to keep records.

maybe Stig can alaborate on maint costs... but generally tp12 engines are pretty darn solid. the biggest issue i've heard is suspension parts wearing out on our crappy roads. also the proper CVT fluid is a bit expensive. But then again it's no different from any other CVT box.

the single biggest thing you should worry about is getting a properly looked after car. ideally maintained at some decent joint with service records to counter check. Generally, people who look after their cars well tend to keep records.

Yeah the engine is pretty good , the power delivery is also very smooth. But the gearbox tends to give away all the fun :(

And you are right, suspension issues are the most common we had to replace ( well not us exactly but still) the shocks and cv joints a couple of times within very unusually short time frames. But other than that there was no major repair done and certainly no situations where we got stranded in the middle of the road.

As far as looks go really dont like the interior of the car. The meter cluster is in the middle but its not tilted a lot to the side like in other cars so visibility is a bit of a problem though.I dont know i generally dont like cars with meter clusters in the middle, its a mater of opinion i guess.

Also Op should consider the 6th gen Honda Accord (saw a couple of well maintained ones on AL) and the a33 nissan cefiro which matches the price range and have the same attributes that the primera has. Personally i would go for the accord hands down, it probably has the one of the best looking interior designs from a Japanese manufacturer ever :wub: