• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Features To Add

TechHater

Question

dear experts

im planning to buy the new kia sportage because it looks fine and drives fine for me.but im not planning to keep it more than 2-3 yrs.what features should i select considering the after market? upgrading to AWD costs additional 4k.

or should i go for fancy stuff like leather seats and electric seats etc.. which would be additional 2-3k? im not really a 4x4 person my self.

7 answers to this question

dear experts

im planning to buy the new kia sportage because it looks fine and drives fine for me.but im not planning to keep it more than 2-3 yrs.what features should i select considering the after market? upgrading to AWD costs additional 4k.

or should i go for fancy stuff like leather seats and electric seats etc.. which would be additional 2-3k? im not really a 4x4 person my self.

You really mean,

for AWD - 4k ??

Leather electric seats - 2-3 k ?? Just out of curiosity. :)Or are you talking "lakhs" ?

4x4 is not much of a use to be honest with you for these type of vehicles, If i was u, i'd go for a nice leather interior package and a nice set of rims. :) Which would definitely add resale value later. :)

kia sportage is not a serious off road vehicle, so i don't know how to justify additional 400k for 4WD.

My SUV also has 4x4 feature but i cant really remember how many times i have used it. It only gives additional costs when it comes to servicing cz have to change oil in both differentials ect.

For driving in slippery roads, check they offer options like Traction control. It will be much useful than 4x4 in my opinion.

And who doesn't like a vehicle with cosmatic upgrades rather than the stuff which ppl rarely use :) Just my opinion though :)

the sportage spec sheet is very interesting. 400k for AWD is a little silly if you're only gonna use this car to take your kids to school and back. and is only an added maintenance cost if so. my personal opinion is that a jeep isn't a jeep without AWD. but you, Mr. (or ms/mrs probably dr) Techhater, should think of how exactly you plan to use the sportage. if its for trips and romps to the hill country and various other far off places, then yes, do consider it. as far as i remember the traction control with hill descent control is only available if you get AWD.

apart from that, yes, jayZ has a point. the bling will be helpful when you sell the car. provided you maintain it. do consider the leather seats.

i'm a safety-junkie and i would highly advise the side impact airbags specially if you have kids in the back seat.

bluetooth on your headset for 7k is very worth it. a bluetooth adaptor will cost around 18k aftermarket. a head unit with built in bluetooth will be a lot more.

and of course, a trip computer telling you the kmpl and various other factoids is a nice "man-addition!"

but if you're working on a restricted budget, then remember, you can still start a car the old fashioned way with a key. 40k for a button to push is a little over the top. as is another 30k or something like that for a little thing to go "beep" when you reverse. an aftermarket reverse sensor is a lot cheaper. the winker mirrors, IMO, are just waiting for some idiot driver to clip and break them as he passes you on a narrow road.

the optional 18" alloys are nice, but remember, tyres are expensive. if you can afford them then go for it.

looks like someone got his permit, eh? :)

Edited by Komisiripala

thanks for the detailed openion. i really appreciate.nope its not for the permit.i had an opportunity to drive one of my friend's and got completely coaught with it.

im not really an outdoorsman and as most of you suggested AWD is a waste. down hill assist is available with 2wd as well but comes in a bundle package with many other expensive gadgets.

18inch alloy loks good and i want to add it to my package.

i feel these korean vehcles have improved so much over the years.

i feel these korean vehcles have improved so much over the years.

indeed they have. the 2010 sonata is the only korean car that ever made it to the "top 10 cars" list in the "autocar" magazine in the US. shows how much they have improved in all aspects. considering how the 2002 sonata was a lumbering underpowered butt-ugly behemoth which looked like as if a jaguar s-type had had its way with its mother!

the new tuburon replacement is patta cool too. as is the entire range of kia SUV's. good value for money. specially for the permit. the docs are going ape-shit about them!