• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For Old Lancer Lovers

mensoft

who are u to draw plans for the rescue. wat do u know wbout lncers GSR in SL? are u going to rescue and restore the car?

Sanath, chill mate. We're not serious about theft and arson. If we were contemplating a restoration, it would be done by acquiring the vehicle legally. Now that you've mentioned your plans, we'll just sit back and look forward for updates!

Edited by Jaliya48

sanath gsr,

As the person who popped an old thread and caused the whole story to go ablaze, I wll explain why you do not have to be offended....

Really? Calling a person( who is not here to defend himself) a j***a$$ a reason not to be offended? Also being accused to be a crooked businessman or a 'polla' a reason not to be offended?

Really? Calling a person( who is not here to defend himself) a j***a$$ a reason not to be offended? Also being accused to be a crooked businessman or a 'polla' a reason not to be offended?

Where in my post have I told him that he should not get offended for all those things that you have mentioned above?

Edited by Davy

The car that is in the picture posted is not a 2 door, its a four door. The actual GSR is inside a garage. As to whether he should be offended or not, I dont think you or I or anybody else should tell him whether or not he should be offended. Some people value their privacy and if someone started calling them all kinds of things on a public forum without knowing all the facts, they have every right to get offended!

Fair enough S_N. I was simply trying to cool things down by making sanath gsr understand that we were all talking with good intentions in mind.

Edited by Davy

0MD, about the car and his family stuff and everyhting was all false information i got. but about the polla thing i apologize for that, i told sanath about the incident that occured between his uncle and our business, i should have not drag personal matter into this.

about the car and about his family (my comment about him not even passing the car to his sons) was false information i was given

anyways i am really happy to know that the GSR in quention is not the car i saw and its been treated well,. whatever kind of person the owner is irrelavent. what matters is that we have a motoring gem in our land and it is been looked after now. hopefully it will be back in our streets with all its former glory

Edited by Schiffer
  • Like 1

All of you missed an invaluable point.

Previous owner was rohana Kulasiri.

Father of...

Help me fill in the blanks here... Someone please

ohhh interesting!!!

In a way this feels like an old-aunty-gathering.. Did you know... so and so sold his car to so's father... and i heard that was is carrying on with this one... :D

• Like 1

Managed to dig up an old set of images off a manual I found online a few years back. All about rally prepping a 1600 GSR. I'm sharing a thumbnail image below and have included links to each of the pages (13 total pages) further below because the images themselves are a large and might cause this page take a while to load.

Thumbs_zpsdcd7fa65.jpg

Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6 | Page 7 | Page 8 | Page 9 | Page 10 | Page 11 | Page 12 | Page 13

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Another brochure about the sports kit which was available for the first gen Lancer. Unfortunately the resolution of the images I found were low and the text is bearly readable. Sharing them anyways.

mittoy01_zps7f2cb2ae.jpg

mittoy02_zps71d67aae.jpg

mittoy03_zpsf0f19fb1.jpg

mittoy04_zpse8e09955.jpg

mittoy05_zps7a0ef35b.jpg

mittoy06_zpsdd630093.jpg

mittoy07_zps5bc697df.jpg

mittoy08_zpse7926740.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, first lancer GSr 1600 was imported in early 80's by former racing driver Late Mr Ajantha Dinamitra, the same car passed the chequred flag at the kenyan safari under the number 33 . lin late 70's and early 80 's the car won many races for mitsubhishi motors , in the video clip u can see it was driven by jap test driver who workedf or mitsubhishi motors. when the car was introduced to the local scenario it was the most fearful devil machine which won almost every race it competed in. later the car was sold to Mr Rohana Kulasiri and he maintaned the same winning record the car had. after few races the car again changed hands with Mr Upul Perera. lucky car again and again proved its a beast and sold again to the current owner in mid 90 s .the photo which u guys sw was not the GSR it was a lancer but not a GSR , its stored in a garage. and now undergoing restoration.

Wow! Thanks for that great piece of history. That makes is a very special car. Probably the only Works WRC car in the country?? As a kid I have seen it on track I believe in the hands of Dinamithra.

sanath gsr,

As the person who popped an old thread and caused the whole story to go ablaze, I wll explain why you do not have to be offended. First and foremost, it must be said that whatever car it is that is rotting out there is a good old Lancer 2 door. And makes any enthusiast's heart break to see a car in such a state regardless of whether it is a 1600 GSR or not. It is only natural even for me to get all worked up when someone neglects a car and let it go to the grave. So please understand that.

On AutoLanka, we like to have fun while discussing important matters, and the whole boosting and setting fire was a part of us having fun. You have to understand that they are not serious comments. Take it easy.

Everyone's dissappointment and negative comments about the car is solid proof that everyone who commented here are pure enthusiasts and are aching to see a original 1600 GSR on Sri Lankan roads. If the car is really being restored and rescued, then please share with us all the information and photos. Most of us on the forum have not witnessed a real 1600 GSR and I'm sure others like me would love it if you share the story.

Finally, it makes my heart leap with absolute joy to hear that we have a car that saw the finish line of a Safari Rally! What a priviledge it must be to be owning a car with such a remarkable history.

Peace!

Davy !

first listen , then investigate, u think such a valuable car would be left to rot away? u cintact me via sciffer will take u to show the GSR , u can get my phone num frm him. will update this forum with resto pics soon. cheers!

Wow! Thanks for that great piece of history. That makes is a very special car. Probably the only Works WRC car in the country?? As a kid I have seen it on track I believe in the hands of Dinamithra.

unfortunately we dont have a event for that car now. hope the authorities would introduce a event for classics

• Like 1

Davy !

first listen , then investigate, u think such a valuable car would be left to rot away? u cintact me via sciffer will take u to show the GSR , u can get my phone num frm him. will update this forum with resto pics soon. cheers!

There are so many valuable cars rotting away all over the country. There is a thread dedicated specifically for them on the forum. Check it our when you are free. Here's the link:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/5224-abandoned-cars/

So yes, I think valuable cars may very well be left to rot away regardless of their value as there are countless examples in the above thread. I'm glad the GSR is not one of them.

If I have some spare time when I visit Kandy, coming over to see the GSR will be the first thing I will do. Thanks for the invite and it is a priviledge to get to see it some day. Even during the restoration process.

• Like 1

There are so many valuable cars rotting away all over the country. There is a thread dedicated specifically for them on the forum. Check it our when you are free. Here's the link:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/5224-abandoned-cars/

So yes, I think valuable cars may very well be left to rot away regardless of their value as there are countless examples in the above thread. I'm glad the GSR is not one of them.

If I have some spare time when I visit Kandy, coming over to see the GSR will be the first thing I will do. Thanks for the invite and it is a priviledge to get to see it some day. Even during the restoration process.

welcome !!

• 4 years later...
On 10/8/2018 at 2:26 AM, Davy said:

Try this link

Original post updated. 

Bumping old thread.

@mensoft can you please update the links to the photos in the first few post?

Does anyone have the Lancer A27 user manual and chassis repair manual (I don't know if such a thing ever exists)? Electronic or printed copy

The engine repair manual is available at the post quoted above.