• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For Old Lancer Lovers

mensoft

Ok so after further clarification it turns out there is even more to the story than previously imagined... that particular GSR is a truly special car with international racing pedigree!

The best person to clear this up is the man involved in the project himself.. he has registered and will post as soon as MADZ approves him.

Guys, first lancer GSr 1600 was imported in early 80's by former racing driver Late Mr Ajantha Dinamitra, the same car passed the chequred flag at the kenyan safari under the number 33 . lin late 70's and early 80 's the car won many races for mitsubhishi motors , in the video clip u can see it was driven by jap test driver who workedf or mitsubhishi motors. when the car was introduced to the local scenario it was the most fearful devil machine which won almost every race it competed in. later the car was sold to Mr Rohana Kulasiri and he maintaned the same winning record the car had. after few races the car again changed hands with Mr Upul Perera. lucky car again and again proved its a beast and sold again to the current owner in mid 90 s .the photo which u guys sw was not the GSR it was a lancer but not a GSR , its stored in a garage. and now undergoing restoration.

• Like 1

Now that's a ray of hope. I fully understand the guy not wanting to let it go if he was doing the ground work to bring it back to life. But not passing it on to his son, not letting someone take a bloody picture does make him sound like a d***.

And look at you guys plotting B&E, arson and theft! I must confess the first thing crossed my mind was far too sinsiter to share publically. I might need professional help!

sir, do u like outsiders stranger tresspassing ur property and snapping photos of the cars u have? and how do u know he has a son or daugheters, pls talk wat u know, before calling some one bad or j***a$$ please investigate , i personely know the fool who posted the photo and mislead this whole forum . please note that the GSR is undergoing a restoration and it was never left to rust away. same owner introduced lancers to track in early 80 ;s.

Guys, first lancer GSr 1600 was imported in early 80's by former racing driver Late Mr Ajantha Dinamitra, the same car passed the chequred flag at the kenyan safari under the number 33 . lin late 70's and early 80 's the car won many races for mitsubhishi motors , in the video clip u can see it was driven by jap test driver who workedf or mitsubhishi motors. when the car was introduced to the local scenario it was the most fearful devil machine which won almost every race it competed in. later the car was sold to Mr Rohana Kulasiri and he maintaned the same winning record the car had. after few races the car again changed hands with Mr Upul Perera. lucky car again and again proved its a beast and sold again to the current owner in mid 90 s .the photo which u guys sw was not the GSR it was a lancer but not a GSR , its stored in a garage. and now undergoing restoration.

There you go gents, straight from the source... Don't worry, the car is in good hands and will be back to it's former glory soon enough.

Note this car actually RACED IN THE KENYAN SAFARI RALLY!!

So i got to checkout the only remaining 2 door lancer 1600 GSR.

the car was in a really sad state. and the owner doesnt even want to let it go.

There was another lancer 1600 GSR in srilanka. sadly some stupid idiot has sold it for parts

Owner will never let it ago as he has invested so much money in finding parts for it , and looked after this car for nearly 20 years. wat u saw was not a GSR if u went few more stps u would have seen a GSR in Hospital with severe dog bites

haiyoo....

There has been enough foot-in-mouth and 3rd-party-foot-in-a$$ situations/posts on this thread so far. So let's just by gones be by gones and sit back and wait for the car to come out.

And Sanath, dont take offense machang... the only reason the guys are so worked up is because they are so enthusiastic about this car. If you or the owner wouldn't mind some progress reports and stories on the car would be much appreciated.. :)

haiyoo....

There has been enough foot-in-mouth and 3rd-party-foot-in-a$$ situations/posts on this thread so far. So let's just by gones be by gones and sit back and wait for the car to come out.

And Sanath, dont take offense machang... the only reason the guys are so worked up is because they are so enthusiastic about this car. If you or the owner wouldn't mind some progress reports and stories on the car would be much appreciated.. :)

sir , the reason i answerd was , this is not the GSR which was posted , we have the only remaning No 33 rally car with us , its carefully looked after , we have several lancers abandoned in our estate . its false news one fool has published

sir , the reason i answerd was , this is not the GSR which was posted , we have the only remaning No 33 rally car with us , its carefully looked after , we have several lancers abandoned in our estate . its false news one fool has published

My guess is the guy who posted the pic heard that you had a GSR in your premises and came to see it, and when he saw a lancer presumed that was the GSR. It's a reasonable assumption cos not many people would be fortunate enough to have multiple units of an already rare car. That's the foot-in-mouth I was talking about.. :) So let it go, and tell us more about this car. With this whole scandal I too am getting more and more curious about it, even though this isn't my area of interest.

:D

• Like 1

dear freinds, pls investigate before making comments on a third party. the guy who posted this mislead the whole forum with false statement that he was prevented from taking photos and car was not passed to the owners son etc. owner dosent have a son , owner is the person who introduced lancers to SL tracks with late Mr dinamitra . any one is welcomed to inquire about the car and its racing pedigree pls dont make false statements about the GSR

It appears that there had been a lot of misinformation shared about the car in question. The owner is far from done with the car and is not the type of guy qho would chase away someone taking a photo.

With the new information available, I take back my comments about the owner. And it definitely is in good hands.

I'm not sure where the story started but it sure has been very misleading

Geez, i didnt thought this would go so far.

i talk to Sanath GSR about this. it turns out the person who took me to see the car has given me a whole lot of false information

and another thing. since he showed me the car from a distance. turns out the This is not even the GSR.

ive been made a fool by that guy -__- and he wasted my day that day as well -__-

i do apologize, i wss lent to beleive that this was the GSR and it is rotting away unattended.

i am highly gullible when it comes to lancers.

my sincere apologies to everyone

• Like 2

I can second sanath's comments.He and I have been corresponding for a long time.And the car is in very good hands...Please respect owners privacy before posting pictures or refrain from insulting people without cause...

yea i admit the fault i did, like i said this is not even the GSR ive been fooled and i admit i shouldnt have posted this anyway.

sanath gsr,

As the person who popped an old thread and caused the whole story to go ablaze, I wll explain why you do not have to be offended. First and foremost, it must be said that whatever car it is that is rotting out there is a good old Lancer 2 door. And makes any enthusiast's heart break to see a car in such a state regardless of whether it is a 1600 GSR or not. It is only natural even for me to get all worked up when someone neglects a car and let it go to the grave. So please understand that.

On AutoLanka, we like to have fun while discussing important matters, and the whole boosting and setting fire was a part of us having fun. You have to understand that they are not serious comments. Take it easy.

Everyone's dissappointment and negative comments about the car is solid proof that everyone who commented here are pure enthusiasts and are aching to see a original 1600 GSR on Sri Lankan roads. If the car is really being restored and rescued, then please share with us all the information and photos. Most of us on the forum have not witnessed a real 1600 GSR and I'm sure others like me would love it if you share the story.

Finally, it makes my heart leap with absolute joy to hear that we have a car that saw the finish line of a Safari Rally! What a priviledge it must be to be owning a car with such a remarkable history.

Peace!

• Like 5

sanath gsr,

As the person who popped an old thread and caused the whole story to go ablaze, I wll explain why you do not have to be offended. First and foremost, it must be said that whatever car it is that is rotting out there is a good old Lancer 2 door. And makes any enthusiast's heart break to see a car in such a state regardless of whether it is a 1600 GSR or not. It is only natural even for me to get all worked up when someone neglects a car and let it go to the grave. So please understand that.

On AutoLanka, we like to have fun while discussing important matters, and the whole boosting and setting fire was a part of us having fun. You have to understand that they are not serious comments. Take it easy.

Everyone's dissappointment and negative comments about the car is solid proof that everyone who commented here are pure enthusiasts and are aching to see a original 1600 GSR on Sri Lankan roads. If the car is really being restored and rescued, then please share with us all the information and photos. Most of us on the forum have not witnessed a real 1600 GSR and I'm sure others like me would love it if you share the story.

Finally, it makes my heart leap with absolute joy to hear that we have a car that saw the finish line of a Safari Rally! What a priviledge it must be to be owning a car with such a remarkable history.

Peace!

The car that is in the picture posted is not a 2 door, its a four door. The actual GSR is inside a garage. As to whether he should be offended or not, I dont think you or I or anybody else should tell him whether or not he should be offended. Some people value their privacy and if someone started calling them all kinds of things on a public forum without knowing all the facts, they have every right to get offended!

Edited by Supra_Natural